Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #46
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,702
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm tired of having to pay the way for others who choose not to work. We keep extending unemployment and the wonder why so many people are unemployeed.

...or maybe you are just stereotyping people on welfare? Maybe it's because jobs aren't there. You act if we can just magically go get some job and all is better! What are a lot of major corporations doing with jobs? Answer: Sending them overseas and cutting them for max profits.

It's not always that simple or that easy FD, and congrats to you for having it made to where you never understand what kind of situation these people may be in. Granted, there are some that are lazy and want free handouts, that much is certain.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
And this thread is why I overall support sequestration and any other mandatory reductions that don't listen to every grievance. Just in this thread we can see a lobby for the military, the people making the most, and those who support the poor. We can't even come together and accept the simple fact that our government is way overspending in every area, and instead throw out graphs, articles and "national pride" to plead the case for whichever group you support.
It's not that I "support" any particular group. I'm just calling out the parrot heads that continue to point at one thing and say LOOK THEY AR THE REASON.

However, if given the choice, would you rather bomb somebody or feed them.


They can do away with this Homeland Security bullshit. They aren't doing anything to make us secure. We are no more secure today than we were prior to 9/11.

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit


FD talked about us funding Syria. Wonder why he didn't mention Israel?

Washington DC ad campaign seeks to ‘expose’ Israeli lobby in America


Another way to save billions of dollars in wasted money is to end the faux war on drugs. It's a waste. Legalize it and tax it. You thereby create revenue.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #47
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,734
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
...or maybe you are just stereotyping people on welfare? Maybe it's because jobs aren't there. You act if we can just magically go get some job and all is better! What are a lot of major corporations doing with jobs? Answer: Sending them overseas and cutting them for max profits.

It's not always that simple or that easy FD, and congrats to you for having it made to where you never understand what kind of situation these people may be in. Granted, there are some that are lazy and want free handouts, that much is certain.





It's not that I "support" any particular group. I'm just calling out the parrot heads that continue to point at one thing and say LOOK THEY AR THE REASON.

However, if given the choice, would you rather bomb somebody or feed them.


They can do away with this Homeland Security bullshit. They aren't doing anything to make us secure. We are no more secure today than we were prior to 9/11.
Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit


FD talked about us funding Syria. Wonder why he didn't mention Israel?

Washington DC ad campaign seeks to ‘expose’ Israeli lobby in America


Another way to save billions of dollars in wasted money is to end the faux war on drugs. It's a waste. Legalize it and tax it. You thereby create revenue.
You're a loon.
Thats why I take almost nothing seriously you post in this forum.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #48
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,294
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I agree a flat reduction in spending would have been a better plan along with a tax increase that reduces our dept.
Isn't this the sticking point? The left wants to have cuts, but also add new taxes. The right refuses to allow any new taxes?
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #49
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,294
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The left only wants to cut defense spending and add new taxes. The right says it would look at raising taxes along with spending cuts across the board. Remember we just had a tax increase in January and defense has also had pther cuts in spending. I think all spending should be on the table.
I agree, smart cuts to defense and everything else along with some increased taxes.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #50
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,702
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
You're a loon.
Thats why I take almost nothing seriously you post in this forum.
So tell me, how many terrorist activities have they stopped here in the US? Then tell me how many billions we've spent.


I'll be awaiting those numbers.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #51
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,702
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I've been on both sides and know full well what it is like to be making minimum wage and a sgl father.

So you managed to support you and your child with a minimum wage job with no help or support?


1) Rent
2) Car/gas
3) Food
4) Insurance
5) Clothes
6) Other supplies


No offense, but I'm not believing it one bit.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,734
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
So tell me, how many terrorist activities have they stopped here in the US? Then tell me how many billions we've spent.


I'll be awaiting those numbers.
I doubt we'll ever be able to tell how many were stopped, its made it awful hard for the sundry list of bad guys to even attempt anything becuse its so expensive and complicated to pull something off like that now.

And to name a few - The Coast Guard, The Secret Service, TSA, Immigration are all part of HS.
Why do you want to do away with them?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #53
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,390
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Where Did Our Debt Come From?Please watch.


Where Did the Debt Come From? - YouTube
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #54
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,717
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

keep the sequester and tax policey seperate. Big mistake

we need to attack our government's spending with substanial cuts and enforce budget control there after.

tax reforms should happen, but our government shouldnt do both at once, we are too stupid politically.
__________________
Nobodys going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. Thats what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field, and thats the way it has to be in the NFL.- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #55
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,702
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I doubt we'll ever be able to tell how many were stopped, its made it awful hard for the sundry list of bad guys to even attempt anything becuse its so expensive and complicated to pull something off like that now.

And to name a few - The Coast Guard, The Secret Service, TSA, Immigration are all part of HS.
Why do you want to do away with them?
Answer: None.

It made it hard? You mean how the kid that got on board a airplane with a shoe bomb? TSA agents have been nothing but a menace since their creation. Groping women, harassing kids and other passengers has been their specialty, not stopping terrorists.

TSA Agents Harass Three-Year-Old with Spina Bifida, Take Away Her Stuffed Animal

http://boingboing.net/2012/04/25/tsa...ar-old-wi.html

TSA harassment sends rape victim to emergency room — RT USA

TSA Agents Harass Disabled Passengers: Cause for Concern : News : TravelersToday

You give our incompetent enforcement agencies way too much credit.


Security is Big Business at Super Bowl XLVII - Forbes

We don't need to be involved with security for the Super Bowl, the NFL makes 9+ billion a year, let them handle it.


Well, those departments you named were there prior to the HS department being formed so no. I have a huge issue with pouring billions of dollars into "security" when it's not protecting us from shit. Again, I'm not talking about agencies that existed prior to 9/11.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 03-04-2013 at 09:04 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #56
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,702
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Nothing like a bias source.

Center for American Progress's Director of Tax and Budget Policy

Its President and chief executive officer is Neera Tanden, who worked for the Obama and Clinton administrations and for Hillary Clintons campaigns.[5] Its first President and chief executive officer

SO is any of the information wrong? If so, please point out where and detail it.

It doesn't take a genius to see that starting 2 separate wars while cutting taxes was going to lead to a huge debt hole.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #57
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,702
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
One minute you say the gov. can do no wrong but when its a program you don't like they can do no right.

Can you show me where I said the gov can do no wrong? Please do.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #58
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,390
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Nothing like a bias source.

Center for American Progress's Director of Tax and Budget Policy

Its President and chief executive officer is Neera Tanden, who worked for the Obama and Clinton administrations and for Hillary Clintons campaigns.[5] Its first President and chief executive officer
Facts are still facts.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #59
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,168
Re: Sequestration - good, bad, or indifferent?

So Alvin still hasn't answered any thoughts on what defense spending he would cut, and NC_Skins, I might ask you if you had any part of the Welfare 10% you could see as being cut.

We all get so caught up in our own belief of what this country needs, but in order to make it work, everyone has to be willing to put something on the table. and I generally mean something more substantial than a 4 million reduction.

If we can't all do that, I mean go more than halfway, then there isn't anyway this country is going to avoid a massive impasse a la France.

And so everyone understands, I am an extremist. I would take government spending down to the bones in a lot of areas. I would let states set up their own welfare systems, and not have anything more than bare bones oversight, to make sure no gross abuses occur, but if Montana wants to set up minimal WIC, and maximize efforts to get people off, and NY wants to maximize length, let those states constituents pay. As for the rich and taxes, If you want to live here, and put your corporations here, we are going to tax a rate on par with the rest of the world, not grossly over, and not grossly under. For some of the capital flight takes place, some will come back. Defense, I would nearly gut the standing Army and have a strong reserve force uses 18-21 year olds as a mainstay, with a reserve officer corp that maintains some level of consistent training, (yes I was in it, I know that the soldiers in there are for the most part patriots and overall good guys). I would maintain our Navy and AirForce/Space services at current funding for 3 years, placing all leading tech purchases on hold for 1 1/2 years, based on a reasonable assumption that we aren't in grave danger (is there any other kind). I would mandate Military or Community Service for 3 years for EVERYONE when turning 18. Once that service at Minimum wage, with housing benefits like the military has been completed, you have the opportunity to re-up, or move on. Discretionary expenditures would be frozen at 2012 levels and re-visited every 18 months.

None of this will happen, and in my humble opinion, no faction in US politics is going to give up enough to even make a dent.

c'est la vie
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #60
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Facts are still facts.
From you? ROLF!
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32195 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25