Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Pro-gun article

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 09:22 PM   #286
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,142
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
Groucho Marx
be honest, you wanted to cite those stats if RR hadn't spoiled the fun.
CRedskinsRule is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #287
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pro-gun article

I do have a habit of ruining everything.......

RedskinRat is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #288
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,825
Re: Pro-gun article

Pearl Clutcher?????
YOU are the man.....!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them. Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 02-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #289
Special Teams
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Age: 54
Posts: 124
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Funny how DC has the strictest gun laws in the USA, but double the murder rate of the highest state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
, think about it .
What's your point? Mine is most gun laws do not work. The gun control debate is an interesting one as it is an argument where one side (the anti-gun crowd) usually knows next to nothing about what they want to control. I find the outrage against assault rifles because of there use in mass shootings comical. In most of those a pistol would have been a better weapon of choice as they were done at short range and in a confined space, the pistol is much easier to conceal, maneuver and aim than a rifle with a two foot long barrel. Another one is the limit on clip size down to seven shots in a lot of places. I have neither fast hands or nimble fingers, but I can pull a clip out of a jacket pocket and change it out in less than 3 seconds. I saw a guy doing that in an internet video and I swear he was so fast you could barely tell he was changing them out, I bet it was less than a second.
Buffalo Bob is offline  
Old 02-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #290
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pro-gun article

RedskinRat is offline  
Old 02-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #291
Special Teams
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Age: 54
Posts: 124
Re: Pro-gun article

It is estimated 4.5 children a day died from child abuse and neglect in the USA. That is over 1600 a year. Yet assault rifles get all the bad press, they are way less dangerous than parents.
Buffalo Bob is offline  
Old 02-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #292
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pro-gun article

No one needs a license to create a life then ruin it, good point Bob.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 02-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #293
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,377
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
It is estimated 4.5 children a day died from child abuse and neglect in the USA. That is over 1600 a year. Yet assault rifles get all the bad press, they are way less dangerous than parents.


So Bob you don't consider this abuse (grandparents in this case), huh?


http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us...toll.html?_r=0

An Accidental Shooting - Video - NYTimes.com
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #294
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,377
Re: Pro-gun article

Guns killing children: An American epidemic * - NY Daily News
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-17-2014, 08:39 AM   #295
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,377
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
No one needs a license to create a life then ruin it, good point Bob.

wow, pretty ignorant of you .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #296
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,377
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Your numbers seem a bit off ....


Epidemic: Guns kill twice as many kids as cancer does

ence
SHARE 9453 CONNECT 937 TWEET 67 COMMENTEMAILMORE

ASBURY PARK, N.J. Most victims of gun violence in 2010 were not on a battlefield or remote hillside in the Middle East fighting in a war. They were, like 6-year-old Brandon Holt, children and teenagers in America, according to the Children's Defense Fund.
Brandon was shot in the head by his friend and neighbor, an unidentified 4-year-old boy, on Monday night. He is now also a statistic of gun violence.
STORY: Family donates N.J. boy's organs after shooting death
In 2010, 15,576 children and teenagers were injured by firearms three times more than the number of U.S. soldiers injured in the war in Afghanistan, according to the defense fund.
Nationally, guns still kill twice as many children and young people than cancer, five times as many than heart disease and 15 times more than infection, according to the New England Journal of Medicine.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #297
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,115
Re: Pro-gun article

A map of kids being killed in car accidents would have more spots on the map. So why don't we ban cars? Or swimming pools? Or should we continue try to minimize the deaths associated with our activities instead? Instead of being an anti-gun nut like giantone.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #298
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,377
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
A map of kids being killed in car accidents would have more spots on the map.

what is the name of the thread ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #299
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,377
Re: Pro-gun article

__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-17-2014, 09:26 AM   #300
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,377
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
No one needs a license to create a life then ruin it, good point .

Good Point Rat ....


__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27844 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25