Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Pro-gun article

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #31
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Cars are designed for transportation, look at how many people are killed by the misuse of them. Still readily available, still not banned.
You miss the point. Handguns are specifically designed to cause injury/death to another human being. Cars are not.

Quote:
You can also use a handgun as a deterrent, don't even need to fire a shot. Check under the desk of any 24 hour local market.
They are a detrrent because they have the threat to kill someone. Youre proving my point. Guns are designed to injure/kill other human beings.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #32
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
No I wouldnt be fine.
It wouldnt make a big enough bang to suit me.
It wouldnt give me a proper understanding of how it would work in a combat situation.
It wouldnt blow up milk jugs the way I like.
It wouldnt explode tannerite properly.
It wouldnt do a lot of things I like.

Thats like asking me if I wanted to stop doinking Kate Upton and do Ellen Degeneres instead.
Who cares about guns doing the things "you like?" Don't you think it would be worth sacrificing some of the things you liked, if only allowing rubber bullets would prevent even one child from dying of an accidental gunshot?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #33
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,437
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Who cares about guns doing the things "you like?" Don't you think it would be worth sacrificing some of the things you liked, if only allowing rubber bullets would prevent even one child from dying of an accidental gunshot?
Obviously I do (and a few million other non bleeding hearts that would concur)....but if you dont want my/our vote to count then do something about it....comrade.

I'll buy rubber bullets when they outlaw automobiles and swimming pools.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 04-18-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #34
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Pro-gun article

Thankfully, the Senate rejected the knee-jerk gun bill.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #35
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
You miss the point. Handguns are specifically designed to cause injury/death to another human being. Cars are not.
You say I miss the point yet clearly you're the one 'not getting it'. Look at the numbers for vehicular deaths and injuries. They are NOT designed to KILL. Think about that. NOT DESIGNED TO KILL. Now look at the numbers again.

That many deaths from something NOT DESIGNED OR INTENDED TO KILL.

Getting it yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
They are a detrrent because they have the threat to kill someone. Youre proving my point. Guns are designed to injure/kill other human beings.
Yet they don't have to be used for the deterrent to work. Have you thought about your position on this at all? Serious question.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #36
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Who cares about guns doing the things "you like?" Don't you think it would be worth sacrificing some of the things you liked, if only allowing rubber bullets would prevent even one child from dying of an accidental gunshot?
Rubber bullets kill too.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #37
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Thankfully, the Senate rejected the knee-jerk gun bill.
But Petulant One will keep trying until the Liberal polls are validated.

Next up: Executive order.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #38
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,437
Re: Pro-gun article

That executive order would create some serious civil unrest.
I hope the Hawaiian Kenyan is not that stupid.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #39
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I hope the Hawaiian Kenyan is not that stupid.
He's far from stupid, but he is colossally arrogant.

Last edited by RedskinRat; 04-18-2013 at 03:42 PM.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #40
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Pro-gun article

I just wish this President would get as angry when Americans are murdered in Benghazi and Boston as he does when his bills are defeated (by his own party). He blew a gasket yesterday in the Rose Garden.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #41
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I just wish this President would get as angry when Americans are murdered in Benghazi and Boston as he does when his bills are defeated (by his own party). He blew a gasket yesterday in the Rose Garden.
That's a great point!
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #42
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Rubber bullets kill too.
they can yes, but its much less likely.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #43
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

In 2010, under the current gun control laws, 48,000 felons attempted to illegally (because they aren't allowed) purchase firearms. Only 44 prosecutions came from those known attempts.

More gun control? Use the rules already on the books, FFS!
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #44
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
You say I miss the point yet clearly you're the one 'not getting it'. Look at the numbers for vehicular deaths and injuries. They are NOT designed to KILL. Think about that. NOT DESIGNED TO KILL. Now look at the numbers again.

That many deaths from something NOT DESIGNED OR INTENDED TO KILL.

Getting it yet?
Youre not getting it. Numbers have nothing to do with anything. By your logic, Hearts are designed to kill because heart attacks kill more people than guns and car accidents.

Cars kill alot of people due to a number of factors, ranging from poor maintenance, drivers not paying attention, bad weather, etc. But the automobile is not a weapon. its a transportation tool that is dangerous if not used properly.

Handguns ARE weapons specifically designed to kill or injure another human being. You may use it for target practice, but that doesnt change the reason guns exist.

Quote:
Yet they don't have to be used for the deterrent to work. Have you thought about your position on this at all? Serious question.
If you dont plan on using the gun, and only want it to serve as a deterrent, then you dont need ammo at all. In fact, you dont even need a real gun. You could just have a prop gun.

The more you type, its obvious that there is no logic to your position. You just want to argue that you should have guns because you enjoy them and want to be prepared to shoot someone if they mess with you. That seems to be your position. its one i dont respect or agree with. I think Handguns are inherrently evil devices and society would be safer as a whole if they were illegal.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #45
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
In 2010, under the current gun control laws, 48,000 felons attempted to illegally (because they aren't allowed) purchase firearms. Only 44 prosecutions came from those known attempts.

More gun control? Use the rules already on the books, FFS!
I want two fairly simple changes.

1) Anyone who sells a gun is responsible for doing a full background check on the individual. Any time someone buys a gun, a background check should be run and gun registered to person X.
2) Any time THAT WEAPON is used in a crime, that person has a certain amount of responsibility for said crime. I don't want to see them take full responsibility, but there are penalties for your weapon being used in a criminal fashion. Another crime on this is anyone found with an unregistered weapon also faces a charge and the weapon is confiscated.

These changes would in turn make sure that only people that fulfill all the requirements for gun ownership are able to purchase them, and that those people are responsible for the way that weapon is used.

I don't feel as if either of those are overbearing. People can still have their guns, they just have to go through a background check and gun registration.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28220 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25