Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Pro-gun article

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #556
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,585
Re: Pro-gun article

http://news.yahoo.com/fort-hood-shoo...ntsharebuttons

BBC News - Shooting at US Army's Fort Hood base in Texas


The US has a mental health problem. Let's focus on the real cause of this bullshit instead of sweeping it under the rug.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #557
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pro-gun article

Yeah, second that.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #558
Special Teams
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Age: 54
Posts: 118
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/fort-hood-shoo...ntsharebuttons

BBC News - Shooting at US Army's Fort Hood base in Texas


The US has a mental health problem. Let's focus on the real cause of this bullshit instead of sweeping it under the rug.
It seems like the old fashion one on one fist fight which was a popular way to settle disputes when I was a young man is a thing of the past. I also noticed it seems especially with the younger mass shooters a large percentage of them seem to be the dorky slightly built socially awkward types, ones that would have been picked on a lot back in the day.
Buffalo Bob is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #559
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Fort Hood shooting leaves 4 dead, including gunman; 16 injured

BBC News - Shooting at US Army's Fort Hood base in Texas


The US has a mental health problem. Let's focus on the real cause of this bullshit instead of sweeping it under the rug.

Again I agree with you but now comes the argument ,if that person has a mental health issue should he be allowed to buy a gun ,it is his 2nd amendment right correct ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #560
Special Teams
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Age: 54
Posts: 118
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Fort Hood shooting leaves 4 dead, including gunman; 16 injured

BBC News - Shooting at US Army's Fort Hood base in Texas


The US has a mental health problem. Let's focus on the real cause of this bullshit instead of sweeping it under the rug.
Well you would have to change some laws and give away some freedoms for public safety and most people are unwilling to do that. I am talking about laws about detaining people against their will for mental health evaluations. Almost every mass shooter lately has been described as troubled or strange by people who knew them. Unfortunately if you are an adult, don't commit a crime or go completely berserk in public nothing can be done to have you mentally evaluated against your will.
Buffalo Bob is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #561
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Again I agree with you but now comes the argument ,if that person has a mental health issue should he be allowed to buy a gun ,it is his 2nd amendment right correct ?
Getting the US to recognize and improve mental health treatment is separate from the 2nd amendment rights. Part of the reason that mental health treatment is lacking in this country is that society wants to attach stigmas to it.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #562
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Getting the US to recognize and improve mental health treatment is separate from the 2nd amendment rights. Part of the reason that mental health treatment is lacking in this country is that society wants to attach stigmas to it.

No , you can't have it both ways .While we agree the U.S. needs to upgrade to better mental healthcare then you will have to admit there are some who if off of medication should not have guns .Does the government have the right to know who those people are if they do have weapons ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #563
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Unfortunately if you are an adult, don't commit a crime or go completely berserk in public nothing can be done to have you mentally evaluated against your will.
Good ,if people act "crazy" , go "berserk" or commit a crime of hate or aggression then they shouldn't have guns .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #564
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Well you would have to change some laws and give away some freedoms for public safety and most people are unwilling to do that.

You mean most gun owners aren't willing to do that ,them and the NRA .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #565
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Good ,if people act "crazy" , go "berserk" or commit a crime of hate or aggression then they shouldn't have guns .
How does that work again? <laughing >

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #566
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,115
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No , you can't have it both ways .While we agree the U.S. needs to upgrade to better mental healthcare then you will have to admit there are some who if off of medication should not have guns .Does the government have the right to know who those people are if they do have weapons ?
Yes, I can.

The rights in the constitution are enshrined there because of their over arching importance.

Mental Health should be a person's privacy. But now with mandatory reporting and overreaching government interference many who would benefit from counseling are scared to go because of how the government will use that information.

Nobody argues your strawman that "some who if off of medication...". You make it seem like there are no restrictions on getting guns and that any ole person can walk up to a gunshop and by one. That's just not the case.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #567
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,906
Re: Pro-gun article

the 2nd amendment clearly states that its purpose is to provide a well armed militia ... the supreme court case defining militia as any male over 18 as potentially a militia member and thus has 2nd amendment rights and protections seems like a very far stretch.

also the gun laws in texas to allow open carry for rifles were put in place so that hunters could transport a rifle from their home, into their truck and then the woods to hunt without being arrested. it was never intended to allow guys to walk through walmart with AR-15s courting reaction.

^ my opinions are based off articles and synopsis i have read. i have never actually read the SCOTUS case re definition of militia or the Texas legislature hearing notes on intent.

why do i continue to post in this thread???
over the mountain is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #568
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,444
Re: Pro-gun article

Bottomline, time to stop arming mentally unstable people. If you dont just keep expecting stories like this.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #569
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Yes, I can.

The rights in the constitution are enshrined there because of their over arching importance.

Mental Health should be a person's privacy. But now with mandatory reporting and overreaching government interference many who would benefit from counseling are scared to go because of how the government will use that information.

Nobody argues your strawman that "some who if off of medication...". You make it seem like there are no restrictions on getting guns and that any ole person can walk up to a gunshop and by one. That's just not the case.
Not at a gun shop but yes they can ,from a neighbor or even at some gun shows .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #570
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,352
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
How does that work again? <laughing >

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You tell me ,how does the government go about keeping the guns out of the hands of the mentally challenged , without infringing on the 2nd amendment ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35189 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25