Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Pro-gun article

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #631
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
While I respect it ,that is your opinion .I disagree .
Law Enforcement doesn't need to be militarized unless there is a more nefarious purpose to their being militarized.

You, GiantOne, from your posts, seem more than happy to have every aspect of your life controlled by others. I am not.
RedskinRat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #632
Camp Scrub
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Age: 53
Posts: 95
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Extra armor would likely weigh down a normal patrol car, reducing effectiveness in traffic stops. Bulletproof glass sure. But neither of those are about the militarization of the police that you said your videos were proved the need for.
The militarization discussed was about ied proof troop carriers, swat team capabilities in small cities (not large ones named LA or New York).

Just showing a video of a cop being shot, while tragic, isn't proof of a need for military urban attack vehicles.
I had a customer years ago who made the occasional armored SUV for dignitaries. The thick steel plating and bullet proof glass add a tremendous amount of weight. The bullet proof glass restricts vision and the extra weight made the thing handle and accelerate like a fully loaded cement truck. The number of people trying to outrun the police would increase tenfold. The cop has to eventually exit the vehicle at some point and be vulnerable anyway.
Buffalo Bob is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #633
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,995
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Law Enforcement doesn't need to be militarized unless there is a more nefarious purpose to their being militarized.

You, GiantOne, from your posts, seem more than happy to have every aspect of your life controlled by others. I am not.
Not every aspect no but I also realize there are some things that are out of my control but then I'm not the one whining and crying about people who do and don't mind it .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #634
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,995
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Law Enforcement doesn't need to be militarized unless there is a more nefarious purpose to their being militarized.




__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #635
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
That sums your position up perfectly. You're ignorant of the task the police undertake.

Per SCotUS 2005, the police have no Constitutional duty to protect. Therefore I undertake my own protection and that of the people I care about.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #636
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,995
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
That sums your position up perfectly. You're ignorant of the task the police undertake.

Per SCotUS 2005, the police have no Constitutional duty to protect. Therefore I undertake my own protection and that of the people I care about.

If anyone is ignorant of the position of the Police it would be you .Taking things out of context again but as I have said before you have never let a fact get in the way of one of you lies .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #637
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

Please explain, with specifics, how I'm taking things out of context or admit you're a juvenile, reactionary poster with no basis for anything you stand for.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 04:17 AM   #638
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,995
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Please explain, with specifics, how I'm taking things out of context or admit you're a juvenile, reactionary poster with no basis for anything you stand for.
LOL , .


__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #639
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
No, I didn't think you could.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #640
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,995
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
That sums your position up perfectly. You're ignorant of the task the police undertake.

Per SCotUS 2005, the police have no Constitutional duty to protect. Therefore I undertake my own protection and that of the people I care about.
LOL, I see reading comprehension is not you strong point .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #641
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

OK, so you're comparing yourself to the Internet Warrior?

No, I don't think you could take him. You're a couple of grades below. He probably makes sense.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 04:07 AM   #642
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,995
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
OK, so you're comparing yourself to the Internet Warrior?
.
No , you ! lol
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #643
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
If you call pointing out your inaccuracies and lies bullying, then sure. If it makes you happy to imagine me that way, go ahead. More delusion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #644
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,995
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
If you call pointing out your inaccuracies and lies bullying, then sure. If it makes you happy to imagine me that way, go ahead. More delusion.
LOL, statements like that are one of the reasons for drug testing .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #645
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,995
Re: Pro-gun article

Bloomberg to spend $50 million to challenge NRA on gun safety - CNN.com



CNN) -- Michael Bloomberg is investing a chunk of his personal fortune to minimize the influence of the National Rifle Association.
The former New York City mayor pledged $50 million to his new group Everytown for Gun Safety, an umbrella organization for his two other gun control groups: Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. It aims to make the political climate more supportive of gun control.
The new organization plans to compete against the NRA by adopting its playbook. The NRA has built an impressive and effective organization that touts millions of members, a robust lobbying organization and a massive campaign arm


__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.56447 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25