Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Pro-gun article

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #76
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,188
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
That wouldnt surprise me at al though. Why would a criminal buy a gun when he can just steal it? fingerprint guns would prevent this.
I think the best thing is for gun owners to have their firearms locked up safely at all times when not in use, and I don't mean in a glove compartment in a locked car or a closed drawer in a locked house, but an actual safe.
BaltimoreSkins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #77
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think the best thing is for gun owners to have their firearms locked up safely at all times when not in use, and I don't mean in a glove compartment in a locked car or a closed drawer in a locked house, but an actual safe.
Thus making it useless. No, I will keep mine virtually undetectable and close to hand. If someone broke into my place I want it handy.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #78
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,597
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Thus making it useless. No, I will keep mine virtually undetectable and close to hand. If someone broke into my place I want it handy.
werd
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #79
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,188
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Thus making it useless. No, I will keep mine virtually undetectable and close to hand. If someone broke into my place I want it handy.
Why would it make it useless? Due to the time it would take to open the safe? What are your thoughts on making gun owners that have guns stolen from them that aren't locked up being held liable if their gun is used in a murder? (Honestly want your thoughts not being snarky)
BaltimoreSkins is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #80
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,597
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Why would it make it useless? Due to the time it would take to open the safe? What are your thoughts on making gun owners that have guns stolen from them that aren't locked up being held liable if their gun is used in a murder? (Honestly want your thoughts not being snarky)
duh

Utterly ridiculous/laughable/stupid etc etc
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #81
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,188
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
duh

Utterly ridiculous/laughable/stupid etc etc
wow. Incredible post in which you provide no useful insight into your line of thinking. Thanks.
BaltimoreSkins is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #82
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,597
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
wow. Incredible post in which you provide no useful insight into your line of thinking. Thanks.
Sorry dude, but what you're saying is ridiculous and waaaaay out there.
You seriously want to discuss jailing people because someone stole their property? Thats looney tunes.
Do you know anything at all about firearms?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #83
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,188
Re: Pro-gun article

I will confess that I have had very uncomfortable experiences with firearms. However my basic opinion is that if you want to own a gun it is your right and who am I to say you shouldn't. I would just like safety and accountability from those that do own guns, this stems from my personal experiences. I have fired guns and enjoy shooting ranges.
BaltimoreSkins is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #84
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,597
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I will confess that I have had very uncomfortable experiences with firearms. However my basic opinion is that if you want to own a gun it is your right and who am I to say you shouldn't. I would just like safety and accountability from those that do own guns, this stems from my personal experiences. I have fired guns and enjoy shooting ranges.
Fair enough.
But the "big picture" needs to be considered very heavily when you talk about radical (very radical) law changes for gun owners.
Like I said before there are an estimated 300++ million guns out there that belong to private owners.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #85
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,188
Re: Pro-gun article

No doubt. I am guessing that liability of gun owners is going to be the pathway gun control advocates are going to try to pursue next since they can't get current gun control agendas passed. I have also heard of requiring gun insurance, which imo won't do a damn thing.
BaltimoreSkins is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #86
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
No doubt. I am guessing that liability of gun owners is going to be the pathway gun control advocates are going to try to pursue next since they can't get current gun control agendas passed. I have also heard of requiring gun insurance, which imo won't do a damn thing.

I disagree, I think it will help a lot. Tax gun owners , make them have insurance and fee the hell out of them, price ammunition to the moon .As you have seen even when you use logic as with your suggestion about gun safes ,you get insulted. What the right wing gun nuts don't get is this is about gun safety ,not their right to own guns.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #87
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I disagree, I think it will help a lot. Tax gun owners , make them have insurance and fee the hell out of them, price ammunition to the moon .As you have seen even when you use logic as with your suggestion about gun safes ,you get insulted. What the right wing gun nuts don't get is this is about gun safety ,not their right to own guns.
Poor don't have a right to defend themselves?

There have already been suggestions to charge $10 a round in an attempt to price gun ownership into collapse. Then only the rich will be able to afford guns.

If you can't see the stupidity of an idea when others point it out maybe this thread isn't for you?

I'll make the statement in clearer terms for you, GiantOne: If the weapon you have to defend yourself is made impractically unavailable why have it?

Yes, that's a great way for the anti-gun hippie wankers to achieve their goal of a harmonious 'rainbows and unicorns skipping free land of peace'.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #88
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,597
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I disagree, I think it will help a lot. Tax gun owners , make them have insurance and fee the hell out of them, price ammunition to the moon .As you have seen even when you use logic as with your suggestion about gun safes ,you get insulted. What the right wing gun nuts don't get is this is about gun safety ,not their right to own guns.
So make firearms so expensive that most people cant afford them?
Thats basically what you just said.
Why feck around with that?
Just cut to the chase and have the feds come take them away.

What about the left wing gun nuts?
There are hundreds of thousands of them in this country.
Do they get to have guns?

Ammunition prices are already to the moon, plus some.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 04-20-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #89
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,059
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I disagree, I think it will help a lot. Tax gun owners , make them have insurance and fee the hell out of them, price ammunition to the moon .As you have seen even when you use logic as with your suggestion about gun safes ,you get insulted. What the right wing gun nuts don't get is this is about gun safety ,not their right to own guns.
Very dishonest argument on your part, giantone.

Say the Feds increase the price of gas 100x, to reduce the number of auto accidents a year. Still feel that people's ability to use their cars will be unaffected? "Fee the hell out of them" is affecting a person's right to use the item in question.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #90
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Very dishonest argument on your part, giantone.

Say the Feds increase the price of gas 100x, to reduce the number of auto accidents a year. Still feel that people's ability to use their cars will be unaffected? "Fee the hell out of them" is affecting a person's right to use the item in question.
My car is insured the state says it must be, I pay taxes on it, my gas , oil, I pay a fee to get rid of my tires all taxed, and to drive it I must pay tolls and if I hurt injure ,or kill someone they can sue me and to drive it I must make sure it runs right by letting the government do emissions test on it .I MUST ALSO have a license to drive it and if I can't or drive it unsafe ...the government can take it, hell the government will even give me and eye test to make sure I can drive well, do I want guns treated like cars ...SHIT YES!!!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.

Last edited by Giantone; 04-21-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31042 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25