Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Pro-gun article

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #106
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Yet no one else in this thread is having the reading comprehension you are, while all you can do is throw insults and try to spin things.

LOL, have ever once looked into a mirror? If calling you right wing gun nuts or gun goons is and insult ,I must be right.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #107
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

No, just insulting.

You're in the wrong and flailing around.

For clarity, GiantOne: You want a Utopian world where there are no firearms, right?

Last edited by RedskinRat; 04-21-2013 at 12:31 PM.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #108
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,600
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, have ever once looked into a mirror? If calling you right wing gun nuts or gun goons is and insult ,I must be right.
Take a break, giantone, you've actually begun babbling incoherently.

Maybe you'll realize the reason you're upset is because you're wrong. Maybe someday.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 04-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #109
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,261
Re: Pro-gun article

And he fails to recognize the left wing gun "nuts".
And the centrist gun "nuts" and a boatload of other things.
Have we started to ban pressure cookers and nails yet?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #110
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,261
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Take a break, giantone, you've actually begun babbling incoherently.

Maybe you'll realize the reason you're upset is because you're wrong. Maybe someday.


__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #111
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
No, just insulting.

You're in the wrong and flailing around.

For clarity, GiantOne: You want a Utopian world where there are no firearms, right?
What I want won't happen .What we need the gun goons of the NRA won't allow., just giving solid answers to the questions you ask ....and you don't like it, typical NRA crap.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #112
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post

I rest my case, next?




Very good article from Feb.

One Redneck’s Gun Stand - The Daily Beast
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.

Last edited by Giantone; 04-22-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #113
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: Pro-gun article

These words belong to someone else, they are in the comments of the article I posted above ,I thought they nailed it 1000%


One Redneck’s Gun Stand - The Daily Beast


Maybe that defiant independent spirit worked 100 years ago or is suitable out in rural areas with 1 person per square mile, but 310+ million of us have to share this space and increasingly we are concentrating in urban area. Tens of millions of us live in multi-family housing where we share walls with someone. When my neighbor used his handgun to commit suicide in his apartment, he put the lives of everyone who lived around him at risk.

Moreover, the pro gun folks like to say that if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. But I would observe that it wasn't the Mob or the Crips that went into Shady Hook to steal the kids lunch money. Increasingly, guns are how people with anger management issues get back at someone. Years ago, they used their fists. Now, like the former Navy Reservist/LAPD police officer (who probably hadn't had a parking ticket in his life), decided to settle a grudge with an armload of weapons. In Kansas City, it was the NFL player (another good guy) who decided to settle an argument with the mother of his child by pumping her full of 9 bullets with his legally obtained gun. Then he commits suicide in front of his General Manager and Head Coach. Then there was the 22 year old mother who used the family handgun to shoot her three children (two died) and then commit suicide. Angry at the world? Depressed? Get a gun, kill a school bus driver, and the kidnap a child (again, the man in question didn't have any criminal record or obvious mental illness ... he was just mad at the world), Just today, news comes that The Blade Runner (the quintessential good guy) pumped four bullets into his supermodel girlfriend.
Ask the loved ones of all the shooters if they wish someone had taken the guns away from their sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, or grandchildren before they used that readily available gun to permanently solve a temporary problem. Ask the parents of the shooters at Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Fort Hood, and hundreds of other places if their lives are better because their loved ones right to own a gun (or a few dozen of them) was so jealously protected.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #114
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I disagree, I think it will help a lot. Tax gun owners , make them have insurance and fee the hell out of them, price ammunition to the moon .As you have seen even when you use logic as with your suggestion about gun safes ,you get insulted. What the right wing gun nuts don't get is this is about gun safety ,not their right to own guns.
All taxing and fees will only creat a black market for guns.
firstdown is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #115
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,261
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
These words belong to someone else, they are in the comments of the article I posted above ,I thought they nailed it 1000%


One Redneck’s Gun Stand - The Daily Beast


Maybe that defiant independent spirit worked 100 years ago or is suitable out in rural areas with 1 person per square mile, but 310+ million of us have to share this space and increasingly we are concentrating in urban area. Tens of millions of us live in multi-family housing where we share walls with someone. When my neighbor used his handgun to commit suicide in his apartment, he put the lives of everyone who lived around him at risk.

Moreover, the pro gun folks like to say that if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. But I would observe that it wasn't the Mob or the Crips that went into Shady Hook to steal the kids lunch money. Increasingly, guns are how people with anger management issues get back at someone. Years ago, they used their fists. Now, like the former Navy Reservist/LAPD police officer (who probably hadn't had a parking ticket in his life), decided to settle a grudge with an armload of weapons. In Kansas City, it was the NFL player (another good guy) who decided to settle an argument with the mother of his child by pumping her full of 9 bullets with his legally obtained gun. Then he commits suicide in front of his General Manager and Head Coach. Then there was the 22 year old mother who used the family handgun to shoot her three children (two died) and then commit suicide. Angry at the world? Depressed? Get a gun, kill a school bus driver, and the kidnap a child (again, the man in question didn't have any criminal record or obvious mental illness ... he was just mad at the world), Just today, news comes that The Blade Runner (the quintessential good guy) pumped four bullets into his supermodel girlfriend.
Ask the loved ones of all the shooters if they wish someone had taken the guns away from their sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, or grandchildren before they used that readily available gun to permanently solve a temporary problem. Ask the parents of the shooters at Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Fort Hood, and hundreds of other places if their lives are better because their loved ones right to own a gun (or a few dozen of them) was so jealously protected.
These "words" are the same old emotional kneejerk reaction over common sense diatribe that we've been reading for the past two years.
Its like watching Saved By The Bell reruns over and over.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #116
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
These "words" are the same old emotional kneejerk reaction over common sense diatribe that we've been reading for the past two years.
Its like watching Saved By The Bell reruns over and over.

As is the reaction from the pro gun caucus of the NRA.


But also, those words are not wrong either.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #117
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Ask the parents of the shooters at Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Fort Hood <SNIP>
A terrorist attack at Fort Hood should NOT be included in this nonsense.

Did you even read this before you posted it?
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #118
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,026
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
A terrorist attack at Fort Hood should NOT be included in this nonsense.

Did you even read this before you posted it?
Ok , why?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #119
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,600
Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
These words belong to someone else, they are in the comments of the article I posted above ,I thought they nailed it 1000%
LOL, 1000% huh? In keeping with my hypothesis that what giantone says is nearly always wrong, let's take a look.


One Redneck’s Gun Stand - The Daily Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Maybe that defiant independent spirit worked 100 years ago or is suitable out in rural areas with 1 person per square mile, but 310+ million of us have to share this space and increasingly we are concentrating in urban area.
Wrong. Most people in inner cities carry because of the people around them. Right or wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Tens of millions of us live in multi-family housing where we share walls with someone. When my neighbor used his handgun to commit suicide in his apartment, he put the lives of everyone who lived around him at risk.
Mostly wrong. Shots to the head, the most common suicide, don't travel far with any energy, usually not at all. Vehicular suicide, self-electrocution, death-by-pretending-to-attack-a-cop, there are other methods that put others at risk. So no, the statement above is not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Moreover, the pro gun folks like to say that if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. But I would observe that it wasn't the Mob or the Crips that went into Shady Hook to steal the kids lunch money.
This statement is wrong because 1. The gunman stole the guns after murdering his mother, so yes he was an outlaw that gun control wouldn't have stopped. and 2. Between gang violence and the Sandy Hook situation, which is more prevalent? Which situation is in more urgent need of addressing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Increasingly, guns are how people with anger management issues get back at someone. Years ago, they used their fists.
Wrong. Gun crime has drastically fallen over time. Gun suicides are the biggest problem now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Now, like the former Navy Reservist/LAPD police officer (who probably hadn't had a parking ticket in his life), decided to settle a grudge with an armload of weapons. In Kansas City, it was the NFL player (another good guy) who decided to settle an argument with the mother of his child by pumping her full of 9 bullets with his legally obtained gun. Then he commits suicide in front of his General Manager and Head Coach. Then there was the 22 year old mother who used the family handgun to shoot her three children (two died) and then commit suicide. Angry at the world? Depressed? Get a gun, kill a school bus driver, and the kidnap a child (again, the man in question didn't have any criminal record or obvious mental illness ... he was just mad at the world), Just today, news comes that The Blade Runner (the quintessential good guy) pumped four bullets into his supermodel girlfriend.
Ask the loved ones of all the shooters if they wish someone had taken the guns away from their sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, or grandchildren before they used that readily available gun to permanently solve a temporary problem. Ask the parents of the shooters at Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, Sandy Hook, Aurora, Fort Hood, and hundreds of other places if their lives are better because their loved ones right to own a gun (or a few dozen of them) was so jealously protected.
If an armed citizen or resource officer (deputy or cop) was present when the gunman was shooting open the door to the front office area, those kids would be alive. Blame the idiots who put guards at banks, and stadiums, and declare schools to be "gun safe zones".

But ask these people if their right to own a gun should be taken away (From this link):

Crime victim halts burglaries, CBS, Sacramento, Calif. April 8, 2013

In recent months, Darin Fowler had been the victim of several burglaries at his Oroville, Calif. store, Air Cooled Unlimited. Fed up, Fowler, a Right-to-Carry permit holder, decided to arm himself and camp out at the business. While sleeping behind the shop one night, Fowler was awakened by a thief. Fowler drew his gun on the criminal, who complied with the business owners orders to stay put until police arrived. A subsequent search of the burglars home uncovered several of the items that had previously been stolen from Fowler. Following the incident Fowler commented, It was almost closure because now we can relax a little bit now and get back to work.


Elderly man holds burglar for police, NWCN, Portland, Ore. 03/28/13

82-year-old Jim Brazel and his wife were asleep at home in Linn County, Ore. when they were awakened by suspicious noises coming from Brazels workshop. After retrieving a .410 shotgun, Brazel went to investigate and discovered a burglar. Brazel said to the man, You take one more step and this gun goes off in the middle of your chest. Do what you want. The criminal chose to stay put until police could arrive, 20 minutes later. Following the incident, Brazel spoke of the burglar to local media, stating, Hes making a mistake to try country people Because 99 percent of us are all the same. Were not afraid to shoot.


Young woman fights off attacker, KPTV, Portland, Ore. 04/01/13, KGW, Portland, Ore. 04/02/2013

Just after a 22-year-old woman got out of her car in Oregon City, Ore., a man grabbed her by her ponytail and dragged and attacked her. The criminal continued his attack until the young woman drew a handgun, which caused the attacker to flee. In describing the incident to local media, Oregon City Police Sgt. Matthew Paschall recalled, He continued to assault her until she was able to defend herself by producing her legally-owned handgun.


Woman fights off two home invaders, WRAL, Raleigh, N.C. 03/22/13

A woman in Elm City, N.C. was home sick from work when she heard a banging at her back door. The noise turned out to be a pair of home invaders who forced their way inside as the woman fled to retrieve a gun and hide in a closet. Eventually the burglars made it to the room where the homeowner was hiding, and when they opened the door, the woman fired at them, striking one and causing both to flee. Neighbor Wayne Crumpler spotted the home invaders after hearing one of the criminals screaming for help in the street. As one of the burglars moved towards Crumplers property, Crumpler retrieved a revolver and ordered the man to halt. The criminals fled, but were captured by police a short time later. Speaking to local media about the incident, Crumpler approved of his neighbors actions, stating, She was lucky she knew how to use a handgun and lucky she had it. Because if she hadnt, we might be going to a funeral.


Couple battles violent home invaders, KENS, San Antonio, Texas 03/21/13

A homeowner in Maypearl, Texas was at home watching TV when she heard a suspicious noise at the door. When she got up to investigate, the woman spotted one of a pair of armed criminals trying to get into her home. The homeowner then went find her husband and retrieve a gun. The husband was on another part of the property, but once he heard of the intrusion he went inside the house and retrieved a rifle. A gun battle ensued, with the husband and wife firing at the criminals and the criminals returning fire. The homeowners managed to strike one of the home invaders in the foot, while the other fled in a pickup truck to a nearby field. After succumbing to the armed resistance, both criminals took their own lives. Following the incident, Lt. James Saulter of the Ellis County Sheriffs Department told local media, Our sheriff is always letting homeowners know to arm themselves. This is one of the reasons why Sometimes it takes a while for us to get out this far, and they have to take care of themselves.


Cab driver thwarts robber, News Day, Melville, N.Y. 03/14/13

A cab driver was driving a passenger in Jericho, N.Y. when the passenger asked the cabbie how much money he was carrying and directed him to a parking lot. Suspicious, the cabbie parked and ran from the car while trying to call 911. The criminal gave chase, and repeatedly hit the cabbie with an object. The cabbie, authorized to carry as a former law enforcement officer, responded by drawing a pistol and firing at the robber, striking him in the leg. When police arrived, the criminal and the cab driver were taken to a local hospital; neither had life-threatening injuries.


Couple captures burglar, KVAL, Eugene, Ore. 03/15/13

As Derek LeBlanc was leaving his home for work at 5 a.m. he noticed the rear window of his truck was smashed and that a criminal was inside. LeBlanc tackled the burglar, and shouted to his girlfriend, who was still inside the home, for help. The girlfriend, Heidi Lusk, retrieved a shotgun and phone, and rushed to LeBlancs aid. Together the couple detained the criminal until police could arrive. While recalling the incident to local media, LeBlanc stated, You never know what youre going to do until it happens, but I sure as hell wasnt going to be a victim.


Right-to-Carry permit holder saves woman from vicious beating, WITI, Milwaukee, Wis. 03/12/13, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Milwaukee, Wis. 03/13/13

Charlie Blackmore Jr. was driving home from work at 4 a.m. through West Allis, Wis. when he noticed a man beating a woman who was lying on the ground, who according to Blackmore suffered a big laceration by her eye and what looked like a broken nose. Blackmore, a Marine Corps veteran and Right-to-Carry permit holder, immediately pulled over, exited the vehicle, and ordered the man to halt the attack. The attacker complied, but then moved towards Blackmore, at which point the veteran drew a 9mm pistol. Recalling the moment for local media, Blackmore stated, I mean Ive already made it up in mind that if he came at me I was going to have to take him down and I told him that. I warned him multiple times not to come towards me because he was a big guy and I wasnt playing around and he didnt seem like he was playing around. The criminal then began to walk away, with Blackmore following him as he called the police on his cell phone. A short time later police arrived and captured the criminal. Following the incident, Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. had kind words for Blackmore and reaffirmed his recent support for armed self-defense, noting, I want to get to a day when acts like this are viewed as a citizen doing their civic duty. Criminals have got to be reassessing things right now. They have to be asking themselves if it is worth it anymore, might they face resistance or be shot? Thats a good thing.



It's a pity these kind of example never make as much press as the other stories. Giantone, unlike your example, all these are as recent as last month. So while you post quotes asking gun owners to justify gun rights, to the victims of outlaws with guns, I'll ask you to explain why we should have gun control, so law abiding people can be robbed, beaten, and murdered. I think you have a lot harder explaining to do, than me.

Giantone, if you meant that your posted quote was "999%" wrong, I'll agree with you.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #120
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,261
Re: Pro-gun article

pwned
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.51947 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25