Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 03:55 AM   #181
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Already illegal.

Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d), it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”

Hey what about better background checks maybe that would help ,ya know like at gun shows or with independent dealers ,anything would be better than innocent people dead, would you agree ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #182
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Hey what about better background checks maybe that would help ,ya know like at gun shows or with independent dealers ,anything would be better than innocent people dead, would you agree ?
Define 'better'. We already have shit in place, it's not enforced, more regulations will make no positive difference.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #183
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,056
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Define 'better'. We already have shit in place, it's not enforced, more regulations will make no positive difference.
Bet you're already aware, giantone can't do definitions well. Especially in this case where :

Navy officials said Mr. Alexis was given a general discharge in 2011 after exhibiting a “pattern of misbehavior,” which officials declined to detail. The year before, Mr. Alexis was arrested in Fort Worth for discharging a firearm after an upstairs neighbor said he had confronted her in the parking lot about making too much noise, according to a Fort Worth police report.

The police in Seattle, where Mr. Alexis once lived, said Monday that they had arrested him in 2004 for shooting the tires of another man’s vehicle in what Mr. Alexis later described to detectives as an anger-fueled “blackout.”


In this case, the closest definition to what "better" should be is "enforced". One would think there would already be plenty of background checks for a civilian contractor for the Navy anyways, but obviously there was a breakdown there...... But I'm sure giantone meant "more restrictions on everybody else even though it wouldn't have prevented this shooting (never fail to exploit a tragedy)".

Last edited by HailGreen28; 09-18-2013 at 12:52 PM.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #184
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Define 'better'. We already have shit in place, it's not enforced, more regulations will make no positive difference.
"like at Gun shows were there are none "
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #185
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
One would think there would already be plenty of background checks for a civilian contractor for the Navy anyways, but obviously there was a breakdown there.
I didn't realize that when they do that kind of "background check"(employment) they see if you own a gun or guns ,wow, you are smart .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #186
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,209
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Bet you're already aware, giantone can't do definitions well. Especially in this case where :

Navy officials said Mr. Alexis was given a general discharge in 2011 after exhibiting a “pattern of misbehavior,” which officials declined to detail. The year before, Mr. Alexis was arrested in Fort Worth for discharging a firearm after an upstairs neighbor said he had confronted her in the parking lot about making too much noise, according to a Fort Worth police report.

The police in Seattle, where Mr. Alexis once lived, said Monday that they had arrested him in 2004 for shooting the tires of another man’s vehicle in what Mr. Alexis later described to detectives as an anger-fueled “blackout.”


In this case, the closest definition to what "better" should be is "enforced". One would think there would already be plenty of background checks for a civilian contractor for the Navy anyways, but obviously there was a breakdown there...... But I'm sure giantone meant "more restrictions on everybody else even though it wouldn't have prevented this shooting (never fail to exploit a tragedy)".
How can a guy legally buy a gun who's been convicted of discharging a gun in an anger-fueled blackout? Hello, whats wrong with this picture?
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Like I said, I don’t have any ties with any of the players. I didn’t draft them, besides the ones I signed in free agency, so I’m coming in here saying, ‘Prove it to me. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #187
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,056
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I didn't realize that when they do that kind of "background check"(employment) they see if you own a gun or guns ,wow, you are smart .
Another logical fail on your part, giantone. Seeing how he passed the background checks to work there, what makes you think the gun background check similarly enforced would have stopped him?

Why don't we work on not clearing / disarming people proven to be demonstrably crazy, before trying to disarm everybody else?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #188
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,056
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
How can a guy legally buy a gun who's been convicted of discharging a gun in an anger-fueled blackout? Hello, whats wrong with this picture?
Sadly, who says he bought it legally? Or had them prior to the aforementioned incidents and was allowed to keep them?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #189
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
How can a guy legally buy a gun who's been convicted of discharging a gun in an anger-fueled blackout? Hello, whats wrong with this picture?

I don't think he was ever convicted. Just charged.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #190
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,209
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Sadly, who says he bought it legally? Or had them prior to the aforementioned incidents and was allowed to keep them?
he bought the gun legally in Va
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Like I said, I don’t have any ties with any of the players. I didn’t draft them, besides the ones I signed in free agency, so I’m coming in here saying, ‘Prove it to me. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #191
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You do know that back ground checks are done at gun shows.

In what state ? Not at the Gun show at the Arena in Upper Marlboro(MD) they didn't .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:01 AM   #192
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
All licensed fire arm dealers have to run back ground checks as required by FEDERAL law. If your going to argue gun control at least know the basics.

So in your mind only gun dealers sell guns at gun shows ,lol, ok , speaking of knowing the basics .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #193
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,261
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Never said that. You said back ground checks are not done at MD gun shows not me. I was just refuting that statement which was incorrect.

I believe his exact words were:

Quote:
"like at Gun shows were there are none "
He even put quotes around his comment for some reason. I don't know why you guys try and use reason and logic with him or even attempt to debate or argue with him at all. The dudes an idiot.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #194
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I believe his exact words were:



He even put quotes around his comment for some reason. I don't know why you guys try and use reason and logic with him or even attempt to debate or argue with him at all. The dudes an idiot.
GiantOne is the official court jester of WP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #195
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,342
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I don't think he was ever convicted. Just charged.


I'm sure that makes everyone feel better .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29594 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25