Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #196
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,720
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Giantone you must be sleeping on the job. He was probably a member of the NRA and a gun nut.

Why did he do it? Unanswered questions about the Washington Navy Yard rampage - U.S. News

And you questioned why blind people should have a carry permit.

Hero who led blind coworker from Navy Yard shooting: 'He was all by himself' - TODAY.com

I see you agree with me also .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #197
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,602
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Investigators seek Aaron Alexis' motive after D.C. Navy Yard shooting - CNN.com

SO police had recent reports this guy was hearing voices and having some sort of mental breakdown. And he had reached out to Vetern Affairs for help with psychological issues. Please tell me what sense is there in arming someone like this? 12 dead bodies. We need to seperate the mentally unstable people from weapons. It doesnt make sense
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #198
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,549
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Already illegal.

Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d), it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:55 AM   #199
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,720
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Already illegal.

Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d), it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”

Hey what about better background checks maybe that would help ,ya know like at gun shows or with independent dealers ,anything would be better than innocent people dead, would you agree ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #200
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Hey what about better background checks maybe that would help ,ya know like at gun shows or with independent dealers ,anything would be better than innocent people dead, would you agree ?
Define 'better'. We already have shit in place, it's not enforced, more regulations will make no positive difference.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #201
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,524
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Define 'better'. We already have shit in place, it's not enforced, more regulations will make no positive difference.
Bet you're already aware, giantone can't do definitions well. Especially in this case where :

Navy officials said Mr. Alexis was given a general discharge in 2011 after exhibiting a “pattern of misbehavior,” which officials declined to detail. The year before, Mr. Alexis was arrested in Fort Worth for discharging a firearm after an upstairs neighbor said he had confronted her in the parking lot about making too much noise, according to a Fort Worth police report.

The police in Seattle, where Mr. Alexis once lived, said Monday that they had arrested him in 2004 for shooting the tires of another man’s vehicle in what Mr. Alexis later described to detectives as an anger-fueled “blackout.”


In this case, the closest definition to what "better" should be is "enforced". One would think there would already be plenty of background checks for a civilian contractor for the Navy anyways, but obviously there was a breakdown there...... But I'm sure giantone meant "more restrictions on everybody else even though it wouldn't have prevented this shooting (never fail to exploit a tragedy)".

Last edited by HailGreen28; 09-18-2013 at 12:52 PM.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #202
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,720
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Define 'better'. We already have shit in place, it's not enforced, more regulations will make no positive difference.
"like at Gun shows were there are none "
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #203
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,720
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
One would think there would already be plenty of background checks for a civilian contractor for the Navy anyways, but obviously there was a breakdown there.
I didn't realize that when they do that kind of "background check"(employment) they see if you own a gun or guns ,wow, you are smart .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #204
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,602
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Bet you're already aware, giantone can't do definitions well. Especially in this case where :

Navy officials said Mr. Alexis was given a general discharge in 2011 after exhibiting a “pattern of misbehavior,” which officials declined to detail. The year before, Mr. Alexis was arrested in Fort Worth for discharging a firearm after an upstairs neighbor said he had confronted her in the parking lot about making too much noise, according to a Fort Worth police report.

The police in Seattle, where Mr. Alexis once lived, said Monday that they had arrested him in 2004 for shooting the tires of another man’s vehicle in what Mr. Alexis later described to detectives as an anger-fueled “blackout.”


In this case, the closest definition to what "better" should be is "enforced". One would think there would already be plenty of background checks for a civilian contractor for the Navy anyways, but obviously there was a breakdown there...... But I'm sure giantone meant "more restrictions on everybody else even though it wouldn't have prevented this shooting (never fail to exploit a tragedy)".
How can a guy legally buy a gun who's been convicted of discharging a gun in an anger-fueled blackout? Hello, whats wrong with this picture?
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #205
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,524
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I didn't realize that when they do that kind of "background check"(employment) they see if you own a gun or guns ,wow, you are smart .
Another logical fail on your part, giantone. Seeing how he passed the background checks to work there, what makes you think the gun background check similarly enforced would have stopped him?

Why don't we work on not clearing / disarming people proven to be demonstrably crazy, before trying to disarm everybody else?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #206
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,524
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
How can a guy legally buy a gun who's been convicted of discharging a gun in an anger-fueled blackout? Hello, whats wrong with this picture?
Sadly, who says he bought it legally? Or had them prior to the aforementioned incidents and was allowed to keep them?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #207
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
How can a guy legally buy a gun who's been convicted of discharging a gun in an anger-fueled blackout? Hello, whats wrong with this picture?

I don't think he was ever convicted. Just charged.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #208
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,602
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Sadly, who says he bought it legally? Or had them prior to the aforementioned incidents and was allowed to keep them?
he bought the gun legally in Va
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #209
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

He was arrested twice for firing a gun. Once shooting out a persons tire and the second for firing a gun of into the apartment above him. Both time the charges were dropped if he had been convicted he could not have legally purchased another gun.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #210
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
"like at Gun shows were there are none "
You do know that back ground checks are done at gun shows.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28643 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25