Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Pics For Sharing & Debating

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #226
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Question , how many people were in this country when Ben was President and said that , think real hard about that .









Good for you , I knew you would get it . Ben never ran a country ,he could say what ever he wanted without consequence .You might want to admit times are just a tad different now from back then .
He also didn't have a computer, facebook or phone back then..
CultBrennan59 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #227
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,374
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
He also didn't have a computer, facebook or phone back then..
Very good, so we agree times now are different then back then. We also agree that Ben didn't have the weight of the World on his shoulders and that he wasn't dealing with terrorist organizations and countries that might have bombs that can destroy countries or even the world, right?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #228
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,374
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Are you saying that Franklin's statement is incorrect?

What an obedient drone you are! <pats_GiantOne_on_his_empty_little_head>
Just saying that Franklin's statement does not apply here.(as all others nod their head in agreement and laugh at Redskinrat)
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #229
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Very good, so we agree times now are different then back then. We also agree that Ben didn't have the weight of the World on his shoulders and that he wasn't dealing with terrorist organizations and countries that might have bombs that can destroy countries or even the world, right?
Yep! (But I'm not an Obama supporter, just a heads up)
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #230
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,141
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Just saying that Franklin's statement does not apply here.(as all others nod their head in agreement and laugh at Redskinrat)
I certainly hope you are wrong, but I fear you are right. Sadly, those saying to heed Franklin's advice will find little solace when our government no longer is our government.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 06-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #231
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Just saying that Franklin's statement does not apply here.(as all others nod their head in agreement and laugh at Redskinrat)
Not me. You underestimate the threats to our young country when Franklin said those words. They were not threats of terrorism from Afghanistan, of course, but the early USA was vulnerable in terms of security. We had no navy to repel invasion and a dysfunctional army, as the Whiskey Rebellion briefly showed.

Plus, just because Franklin was not President does not make his words prima facie untrue, as you have implied. A person can say things which are true even if they don't "have the weight of the world on their shoulders."

Franklin's words still apply. It is sad that some of my fellow Americans do not see this.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #232
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,374
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Not me. You underestimate the threats to our young country when Franklin said those words. They were not threats of terrorism from Afghanistan, of course, but the early USA was vulnerable in terms of security. We had no navy to repel invasion and a dysfunctional army, as the Whiskey Rebellion briefly showed.

Plus, just because Franklin was not President does not make his words prima facie untrue, as you have implied. A person can say things which are true even if they don't "have the weight of the world on their shoulders."

.

The pictures compared the two ,I'm saying you can't .The Men are in two very different situations and two very different times. Since Franklin was or is not President in his time or this one his words are merely his opinion .....not fact .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #233
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,374
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Yep! (But I'm not an Obama supporter, just a heads up)
...understood, not asking for people to support but understand people are trying to do their best .What was good in 1776 might not be the same now .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #234
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,899
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Question , how many people were in this country when Ben was President and said that , think real hard about that .









Good for you , I knew you would get it . Ben never ran a country ,he could say what ever he wanted without consequence .You might want to admit times are just a tad different now from back then .
What the hell are you talking about? Franklin was one of the most famous figures of his time. What he said had resonance among the public and political figures. Whether he ran things on the federal level was irrelevant. He was constantly in the fold and a part of the decisionmaking process for most historical, political or policy events of the era. The man was also the president of Pennsylvania, so he had some understanding of the requirements of governance.

What's more, Franklin had one of the first newspapers in American history; he wasn't spreading none sense without consequence. The reason why that saying remains salient today is because people actually believed in its message, and still do.
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #235
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The pictures compared the two ,I'm saying you can't .The Men are in two very different situations and two very different times. Since Franklin was or is not President in his time or this one his words are merely his opinion .....not fact .
Of course times are different. That doesn't make what was said earlier wrong.

But the most troubling part of your post is the bolded part. Your logic, in your words, is that a President speaks words which are "fact", everyone else speaks words which are merely "opinion." Are you sure about that? That means that neither Nixon nor Clinton did anything wrong, since their claims of innocence were "facts" while their accusers only had "opinions."
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #236
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,811
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Not me. You underestimate the threats to our young country when Franklin said those words. They were not threats of terrorism from Afghanistan, of course, but the early USA was vulnerable in terms of security. We had no navy to repel invasion and a dysfunctional army, as the Whiskey Rebellion briefly showed.

Plus, just because Franklin was not President does not make his words prima facie untrue, as you have implied. A person can say things which are true even if they don't "have the weight of the world on their shoulders."

Franklin's words still apply. It is sad that some of my fellow Americans do not see this.
It IS indeed......
Times change...principles do not. Or....should not.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is online now  
Old 06-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #237
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

If anyone was looking for signs of the Apocalypse, then the concord between Lotus and I should be enough to unnerve anyone.

I am concerned that GiantOne has the same voting rights and representation as others on this forum yet continues to display an abject abeyance of intellect on so many topics.

This can't be Tomfooolery and Shenanigans as your past posting prove you're not that funny. Are you just here as a Giants ploy to lower the average IQ of the best Redskins site on the Interwebs, GiantOne? Confess!
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #238
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,374
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Of course times are different. That doesn't make what was said earlier wrong.

But the most troubling part of your post is the bolded part. Your logic, in your words, is that a President speaks words which are "fact", everyone else speaks words which are merely "opinion." Are you sure about that? That means that neither Nixon nor Clinton did anything wrong, since their claims of innocence were "facts" while their accusers only had "opinions."

LOL , hope you didn't pull a muscle while stretching your interpretation of what I said. So you disagree that when a President speaks his words are question examine more closely or carry more weight then another citizen ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #239
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,374
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

[QUOTE=Lotus;1012184]Of course times are different. That doesn't make what was said earlier wrong.

QUOTE]


Wrong, maybe not for his time but as I have said before you can not compare the two and that's what I was discussing .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #240
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,374
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
.

This can't be Tomfooolery and Shenanigans as your past posting prove you're not that funny. Are you just here as a Giants ploy to lower the average IQ of the best Redskins site on the Interwebs,!
No , you pretty much have taken care of that.

So much for the debating part or discussion .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.

Last edited by Giantone; 06-17-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Giantone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29105 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25