Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Pics For Sharing & Debating

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #361
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,489
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #362
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,051
Even though most every religious knock offends me I will say a few things:
1) I am glad JR started this thread because I can enjoy the pics for sharing thread alot more
2) I am glad that this thread is able to exist and not fall down many thousand different slippery slope type pitfalls.
3) I am glad we are able to have these type threads and not fear govt or religious persecution for any of the beliefs stated or dismissed.

Overall this thread could easily go in the best and worst thread.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 01-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #363
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 11:59 PM   #364
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 12:15 AM   #365
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #366
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,192
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Everything you say is wrong. God exists. I win.

Now, where is your living room? I have to take a dump.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #367
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,192
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post

Theists say - "I believe God exists beyond our ability to prove God's existence, I disagree with your way of finding God"

Atheists say - "No God exists and you can't prove God's existence using the circular logic I require for proof."
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #368
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,313
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Those who sitting around looking for proof of god have already failed. The fact you can sit, see and consciousnessly think is the proof.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #369
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,421
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The fact you can sit, see and consciousnessly think is the proof.
proof of what? evolution?
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #370
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,489
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Those who sitting around looking for proof of god have already failed. The fact you can sit, see and consciousnessly think is the proof.
Uhh...you can say that about anything. Proof of Bigfoot. Spiderman. Lochness Monster. Etc....
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #371
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,192
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Uhh...you can say that about anything. Proof of Bigfoot. Spiderman. Lochness Monster. Etc....
Well, if we had tangible proof of Bigfoot, Spiderman or the Loch Ness Monster sitting somewhere contemplating the existence of God, we would have proof their existence.

While I would not phrase it the way he did nor do I entirely agree with the sentiment, I think the critique off base. As I understand Chico's statement, it is "Our existence and ability to have conscience thought is proof of a being beyond our comprehension being the cause of our creation". I don't think it is the "If I can think of it, it exists" argument you seem to be criticizing. [Chico, if I misstate your assertion I apologize].
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #372
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,192
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Those who sitting around looking for proof of god have already failed. The fact you can sit, see and consciousnessly think is the proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
proof of what? evolution?
The existence of an ability to legally purchase marijuana.

I mean ... have you ever really looked at your hand??
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #373
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,192
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #374
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,192
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

... and yes, I am fully aware of Mr. Russell's views on my church service attendance. Doesn't change my belief in the accuracy of his statement.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #375
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,192
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28058 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25