Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Pics For Sharing & Debating

Debating with the enemy


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 04:05 AM   #436
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,394
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Pope Francis calls Internet Ďa gift from Godí

The internet, in particular, offers immense possibilities for encounter and solidarity. This is something truly good, a gift from God.


Another thing god didn't do. LOL
???
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-25-2014, 04:19 AM   #437
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,394
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
So this is your God ....

__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #438
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So this is your God ....

I'm an Atheist, I don't need one.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #439
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
An argument I was losing?!?! There you go knocking chess pieces over again. I'll probably find a steamer on my kitchen floor too.
You're trying to make Science = Religion or Religion = Science.

This will help you understand the difference:

Why Religion Is Natural and Science Is Not

Humans are naturally inclined to look to agents, their states of mind, and their actions as the bases for explanations. Such inclinations of mind importantly contribute to the attraction of religions and to the attraction of religious explanations Ė explanations not only of matters of social and psychological import but of the origins and foundational principles of the cosmos.

And

Although not typically recognized as such, the emergence of the cognitive and brain sciences over the past fifty years marks the beginning of on-going scientific enterprises that often eschew explanatory appeals to agency and intentionality in us! This is not to suggest that contemporary social, cognitive, or even brain science has ceased to refer to agents and their mental states, but only to say that the broader trend is clear within these sciences and within modern science more generally.
Critics of religion have usually underestimated the cleverness and creativity with which new generations of theologians have managed scientific challenges, but the historical pattern to which I am pointing may signal far greater challenges ahead. Accommodationist theologies that abandon all reference to agents are unlikely to have much popular appeal.

Science doesn't tell you that your choices will condemn you to a painful or pleasant afterlife dependent on your adherence to some choices made in this life. Science is pure, it has no bias.

Is that what your secondary argument was supposed to explain, JR?
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #440
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
???
It's like when a surgeon performs lifesaving surgery on someone and people call it a miracle. Give the surgeon credit for his or her hours of education and effort and let the superstitious nonsense stay in your empty little head.

I was actually baiting JR on the Internet story, but he's more sensible sometimes than I thought.
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #441
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,377
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
You're trying to make Science = Religion or Religion = Science.
Nope. Just blatantly wrong. Your inability to grasp the precepts of rhetorical logic is stunning.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #442
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,377
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
It's like when a surgeon performs lifesaving surgery on someone and people call it a miracle. Give the surgeon credit for his or her hours of education and effort and let the superstitious nonsense stay in your empty little head.

I was actually baiting JR on the Internet story, but he's more sensible sometimes than I thought.
I am the essence of sensibleness.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #443
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #444
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,744
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Is this really surprising? I think not.

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #445
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Nope. Just blatantly wrong. Your inability to grasp the precepts of rhetorical logic is stunning.
Then we'll agree that your explanation was inefficient, communication is key.

What 'just blatantly wrong' do you refer to? Construct complete, coherent sentences, please, that way you can't change direction when you get shown to be wrong.

More bait, JR. Push back!
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #446
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #447
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,377
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Then we'll agree that your explanation was inefficient, communication is key.

What 'just blatantly wrong' do you refer to? Construct complete, coherent sentences, please, that way you can't change direction when you get shown to be wrong.

More bait, JR. Push back!
LOL --

My statement was, as previously explained, intended as bait for the logically impaired. A trait that, for someone critiques others so fiercely for their failures of the same, you seem to be oblivious to in yourself.

Complete sentences? Why .. you just impose whatever meaning is convenient to your point regardless of context, ignore arguments you can't refute and, generally, pretend the rules of rhetoric are inapplicable to every pearl of wisdom you dane to share with us poor uninitiated.


lol ... always a pleasure.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 01-25-2014 at 01:00 PM.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #448
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
LOL --

My statement was, as previously explained, intended as bait for the logically impaired. A trait that, for someone critiques others so fiercely for their failures of the same, you seem to be oblivious to in yourself.

Complete sentences? Why .. you just impose whatever meaning is convenient to your point regardless of context, ignore arguments you can't refute and, generally, pretend the rules of rhetoric are inapplicable to every pearl of wisdom you dane to share with us poor uninitiated.


lol ... always a pleasure.
Your so called bait was backtracking on a statement that everyone could see as inherently incorrect.

Please pose an argument I've failed to refute.

Is that a Great Dane or deign I ask?
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #449
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

RedskinRat is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #450
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,700
Re: Pics For Sharing & Debating

RedskinRat is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29888 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25