Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #31
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,614
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

There was also this

Navy investigating three football players on charges of sexual assault

And I agree with Schneed
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #32
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
They are on the forefront because the media chose to put them there.
Did the media make you aware of this or did multiple plantiffs call you up?
And they have been forced into a much more delicate situation regarding all this because our PC congress said they have to.
Blah blah blame it on the media.

If the military had their shit in order they wouldn't be in the news.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #33
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,996
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
They are on the forefront because the media chose to put them there.
.

Dead wrong! They are in the forefront because the Victims are fighting back!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #34
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,240
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Blah blah blame it on the media.

If the military had their shit in order they wouldn't be in the news.
I'm not blaming it on the media, nor did I say that or imply that.
C'mon Matthew, I thought you were bigger than that.
This kind of thing happens across the board.
You're currently bashing the military because its currently the popular thing to do.
No entity in America has their shit in order regarding this.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,240
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Dead wrong! They are in the forefront because the Victims are fighting back!
A lot of rapists outside the military are convicted regularly.
So your point is crap.
And I will reiterate that the media put them in the forefront.
So your view of what the "forefront" is, is what cccn.com TELLS you it should be.
You fall in line nicely.....
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 06-05-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,996
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
A lot of rapists outside the military are convicted regularly.
So your point is crap.
And I will reiterate that the media put them in the forefront.
So your view of what the "forefront" is, is what cccn.com TELLS you it should be.
You fall in line nicely.....

God you hate to being wrong!LOL
If the victims were not fighting back and being the good little soldiers the Military wanted ....you wouldn't know crap about any of this.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,996
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
And Matty, I know this is not at all, not even remotely, your intention. But I'd just like to say that our military is amazing and deserves all the thanks and faith in the world for the job they do.

Hopefully they succeed at changing the sexual abuse culture as well as they succeed in protecting our nation and interests.


This!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #38
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,240
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
God you hate to being wrong!LOL
If the victims were not fighting back and being the good little soldiers the Military wanted ....you wouldn't know crap about any of this.
I dont doubt that it happened nor do I doubt that charges are being filed.
I also dont doubt that its a poplular topic because the media chose to make it popular.
Some of you are just bashing the military because you are eating what they are feeding you.

Yes I agree this issue is bad...its bad in the military.
Its also worse in the private sector.
So why single out the military?
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #39
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I'm not blaming it on the media, nor did I say that or imply that.
C'mon Matthew, I thought you were bigger than that.
This kind of thing happens across the board.
You're currently bashing the military because its currently the popular thing to do.
No entity in America has their shit in order regarding this.
What?

You just said it's an issue because the media is making it one. Sounds like blaming the media to me. Maybe you should be more clear with what you're saying or implying.

I'm not bashing the military because its "popular", I'm bashing them because they dropped the ball big time. Just like Penn St. and plenty of others.

Is this just a non story to you? I'm really not understanding what we're even going back and forth about.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop

Last edited by Mattyk; 06-05-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #40
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,240
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
What?

You just said it's an issue because the media is making it one. Sounds like blaming the media to me. Maybe you should be more clear with what you're saying or implying.

I'm not bashing the military because its "popular", I'm bashing them because they dropped the ball big time. Just like Penn St. and plenty of others.

Is this just a non story to you? I'm really not understanding what we're even going back and forth about.
I am blaming the media.
For hyping it.
Its an issue across the board. The ball is dropped everywhere.
So yes, it should be a non story because they are singling out the military.
Is today the military's turn to get beat up over it?
When do we bash other entity's that have have this issue.
Because all of the private sectors do.

And as I stated before - its harder to control in the military because >>> see all the stuff I have already posted above.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #41
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

there's certain areas of concern. where i was, it really wasn't an issue.

everyone's heard about something at the academy, and there's a reason for it. there are issues there.

if you get stuck in a deployment with people you don't know and you're one of the 5% of females in that situation... there's an issue of not having people looking out for you.

the leadership where i was took that and safety stuff very very seriously, and we didn't have those kinds of problems (and our unit was pretty big and 95% male and on year round deployments of some sort), so i can only speak of things i've heard second hand from others where that may not have been the case.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #42
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I am blaming the media.
For hyping it.
Its an issue across the board. The ball is dropped everywhere.
So yes, it should be a non story because they are singling out the military.
Is today the military's turn to get beat up over it?
When do we bash other entity's that have have this issue.
Because all of the private sectors do.

And as I stated before - its harder to control in the military because >>> see all the stuff I have already posted above.
Singled out my ass. This isn't some mom and pop operation it's the f'ing military. Big organization + big scandal = big news. C'mon man.

Was Penn St singled out?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #43
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,214
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

AlvinWalton in this thread is burying himself worse than GiantOne in the gun threads.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,240
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Singled out my ass. This isn't some mom and pop operation it's the f'ing military. Big organization + big scandal = big news. C'mon man.

Was Penn St singled out?
Yes its big news, not denying that at all.
Big news is whatever the media decides it should be.
Singled out.....big time......and you guys eat it up like whip cream on pie.
Yes, Penn state was singled out because it made for an awesome story.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #45
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,240
Re: Has anyone else completely lost faith in the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
AlvinWalton in this thread is burying himself worse than GiantOne in the gun threads.
When the back of your ears finish drying you can reply again.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28114 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25