Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


So... The Government is Shut Down...

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #91
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,464
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So I'm down in Nags Head fishing in a tournament and a large section of the beach was shut down because its considered a national park. All the beaches around the park did just fine without the governments leadership not sure why they think we need them to go to the beach in the first place. F*ck the Federal Government it can stay shut for all I care. I'm tired of them acting as they can control us 24/7. Maybe other people will realize they don't need the government to hold their hand for everything they do.
FD, I was suppose to go camping in the national park this weekend obviously canceled cause of the shutdown. But you cant privatize national parks because the next thing you know it would go all to hell.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #92
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Its a beach like all other beaches that are not federal parks. They even were blocking people from going up to the Wright Brother Memorial. I can see the museum but this is just a memorial on a hill.
What if someone wants to commit a crime at the memorial? Vandalize the memorial? We need personnel to be watching such spots but those folks are all out of jobs. That's why parks and memorials stay closed.

Don't you lock the doors of your house when you are not going to be at home? Same idea.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #93
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,353
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Obama already sad he would not negotiate so why go.

On one thing he said he would not negotiate ,he also said he would listen to anything and that he would welcome an open dialog.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #94
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,353
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
It was actually two things. Obama care and the debt ceiling but he has no problem with delaying the parts of Obama care as he wants. The Rep agreed to vote if Obama would implement the entire law as passed but he refused.


There is no such thing as Obama Care .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #95
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Really that's your argument. The WWII memorial has no doors its open unguarded 24/7 and the beach I was talking also has no doors. I guess someone could steal a shell or two.
My guess is that the memorial and the beach both have security in the form of park rangers who check in on them from time to time.

But even more, you can't shut down some federal landmarks and leave others open. And there definitely are federal landmarks which can be vandalized, serve as crime locations, etc.

It's the Tea Party which caused this situation. Take your frustration up with them.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #96
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,353
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
It's the Tea Party which caused this situation. Take your frustration up with them.


While I agree 100% with you , no Republican will ever admit that it is ,their motto is blame the black man .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #97
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
While I agree 100% with you , no Republican will ever admit that it is ,their motto is blame the black man .
Some non-Tea Party Republicans also blame the Tea Party and agree with you that the Tea Party is patently racist. Some.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #98
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That's such a crock of shit. Usually its the racist that point the finger first.
I am hardly the first to make that observation.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #99
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,464
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Rallier tells Obama to ‘put the Quran down’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up," said Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, a conservative political advocacy group.

When the right aligns themselves with wackos like this I just shake my head. This guy is a flat out nut.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #100
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Rallier tells Obama to ‘put the Quran down’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up," said Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, a conservative political advocacy group.

When the right aligns themselves with wackos like this I just shake my head. This guy is a flat out nut.
I cannot understand the Obama-is-a-Muslim argument. It was wrong 6 years ago, it's wrong now. Where have those people been? It seems some people really do live under rocks.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #101
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,586
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Chris Van Hollen Busts GOP For Secretly 'Altering' Law To Facilitate The Shutdown (VIDEO) | Liberals Unite




Quote:
Late in the evening on September 30, 2013, the House Rules Committee Republicans changed the Rules of the House so that the ONLY Member allowed to call up the Senate’s clean CR for a vote was Majority Leader Eric Cantor or his designee — all but guaranteeing the government would shut down a few hours later and would stay shut down. Previously, any Member would have had the right to bring the CR up for a vote.
Still think this is the Democrats doing? Don't those moderate Republicans know they are going to lose their spots in the house? Sure, some of those Tea Tards gerrymandered their district ensuring their re-election, but many are locations where they could (and probably will) be voted out.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #102
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Chris Van Hollen Busts GOP For Secretly 'Altering' Law To Facilitate The Shutdown (VIDEO) | Liberals Unite






Still think this is the Democrats doing? Don't those moderate Republicans know they are going to lose their spots in the house? Sure, some of those Tea Tards gerrymandered their district ensuring their re-election, but many are locations where they could (and probably will) be voted out.
Moderate Republicans have gone along out of fear of the Tea Party's deep pockets. The fear is that an angry TP will run someone hard at them in next year's Republicans primaries. It's elephant-on-elephant squabbling.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #103
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,353
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That's such a crock of shit. Usually its the racist that point the finger first.

....and who have you been blaming since day one ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #104
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,017
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

So... Who thinks we're heading towards default?

House can't put together a bill that the other Republicans can agree on. Personally, I think it'll be resolved if not by tomorrow then by Wednesday. But man, it looks like more and more Repubs are trying to cut off their nose to spite their face.

But does the default happen? Ye? Nay? They're cutting it awfully close...
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #105
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,353
Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
So... Who thinks we're heading towards default?

House can't put together a bill that the other Republicans can agree on. Personally, I think it'll be resolved if not by tomorrow then by Wednesday. But man, it looks like more and more Repubs are trying to cut off their nose to spite their face.

But does the default happen? Ye? Nay? They're cutting it awfully close...

I do , I look at the news every night read the papers every morning and all I see and read about is total dysfunction . I for one believe that all of them ...YES ALL OF THEM ....are just to plain stupid to know what in the hell they are doing .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37027 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25