Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Another school Shooting Nevada

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #91
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,442
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
With the same corresponding increase in violent crime? You must be one of those wealthy elitist types that won't be exposed to the resultant carnage? Good for you!
You apparently are not aware that ad hominen arguments against the person are not logically valid arguments. The only arguments that you have made in this thread is that those who want to reduce guns are either hippies or wealthy elitists (which, by the way, I am not).

These arguments of yours are logically fallacious while they also do not reflect reality.

Please offer a real argument with real data.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #92
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,988
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Funny you call me a gun nut and I don't even own a gun.


Where did I ever say you have to own one to be one ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #93
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Yes. Well documented, too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Links?

Everything I'm reading says their presence is rare (and usually only on higher risk destinations) as there simply aren't enough of them to cover all flights.

Is there a federal air marshal on every flight

HowStuffWorks "How Airport Security Works"

About 5% of U.S. flights have undercover air marshals. - OMG Facts

Sources: Air marshals missing from almost all flights - CNN.com
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #94
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Please offer a real argument with real data.
I'm not repeating myself, you can go back and reread the various gun threads, spend some time with John Lott's book I cite as a validating source, maybe check his blog.

Oh, and be sure to register any Sasquatch you've discovered.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #95
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,096
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
I'm not repeating myself, you can go back and reread the various gun threads, spend some time with John Lott's book I cite as a validating source, maybe check his blog.

Oh, and be sure to register any Sasquatch you've discovered.
Gotta admit, i did lol at this.

Rat, why does everyone have to be an elitest or hippy who want resonable gun control? I just think the unfortuanately some dont deserve the right to bear arms and some arms should be unbearable because we as a nation abuse these powerful weapons too often.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #96
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gotta admit, i did lol at this.

Rat, why does everyone have to be an elitest or hippy who want resonable gun control? I just think the unfortuanately some dont deserve the right to bear arms and some arms should be unbearable because we as a nation abuse these powerful weapons too often.
People often resort to insults when they've got nothing else.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #97
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,988
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

People need to see this .......


Kids & Guns - YouTube
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #98
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,442
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
With the same corresponding increase in violent crime? You must be one of those wealthy elitist types that won't be exposed to the resultant carnage? Good for you!
One could reduce gun violence by taking guns off the street as a first step. Then one can tackle the violent crime.

Burglary is less of a trauma than mass shootings of kids. But if you would like to argue that you would prefer to have masses of dead kids than burglaries, go ahead. However, if you are not willing to make this argument, then you logically must recognize that reducing mass gun violence against kids is a priority and that the Australian solution responds to this.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #99
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

Most teachers have more education then cops but some find it hard that if one desired they could take traing to safely carry a gun. I also hear about hitting others but I would guess that 100% of the other people would be getting the hell out of they way and ducking from the assult in the first place.

You guys do know that Utah allows teachers to carry and I think they have been for 12 yrs now.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #100
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Burglary is less of a trauma than mass shootings of kids.
Are burglaries counted as violent crime? No. That makes your argument invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
But if you would like to argue that you would prefer to have masses of dead kids than burglaries, go ahead.
Ah, the 'Pretentious Douche' school of rhetoric! Go milk a Unicorn.

p.s. I'm from the 'E Cartman' school, myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #101
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

200 Utah educators take class on handling, having concealed gun in class - CNN.com



Anger over map of gun permit owners "Guns have no place in our schools. Period," Dennis Van Roekel and Randi Weingarten, the presidents of the two biggest U.S. teachers' unions, said in a joint statement. "We must do everything we can to reduce the possibility of any gunfire in schools, and concentrate on ways to keep all guns off school property and ensure the safety of children and school employees.

But to Clark Aposhian -- president of the Utah Shooting Sports Council, which ran Thursday's event in West Valley City -- it's a matter of giving teachers, school administrators, janitors and others the same rights, when licensed, to carry a concealed weapon in their place of work as others have.

"What we're talking about is not arming teachers," he said, contending that the approach of locking doors and hiding behind a desk "just isn't doing it anymore." "We're simply not taking away that ability of lawful self-defense within a school."

For 12 years, Utah educators have been able to do just that, even if only a small fraction do bring guns into their workplace. The state's concealed weapon law allows for a person to have, on his person or in a secure lockbox, a weapon inside a school, Aposhian said.

If they do have a loaded gun, their principals, school districts, and local police departments wouldn't even know, given the restrictions in place limiting who is told about who has a concealed weapons permit.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #102
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,442
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Are burglaries counted as violent crime? No. That makes your argument invalid.



Ah, the 'Pretentious Douche' school of rhetoric! Go milk a Unicorn.

p.s. I'm from the 'E Cartman' school, myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Once again, instead of engaging in reason, you engage in personal attack. As Matty indicated, such is the resort of those who have no argument.

Please bring a rational argument armed with data to the table or admit that you have no such argument.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #103
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Once again, instead of engaging in reason, you engage in personal attack.
Simply answer my question. Is burglary a violent crime?

If not, which we both agree it's not, why are you using a deliberately skewed measure to underwrite your argument?
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #104
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,442
Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Simply answer my question. Is burglary a violent crime?

If not, which we both agree it's not, why are you using a deliberately skewed measure to underwrite your argument?
Yes, I would argue that burglary is a violent crime. That is why I used it as an example. But I am happy to let you have your way and agree that it is not. No problem. You win that one.

So let's use your own example of assault from post 21 and paste it into my challenge:

Assault is less of a trauma than mass shootings of kids. But if you would like to argue that you would prefer to have masses of dead kids than assaults, go ahead. However, if you are not willing to make this argument, then you logically must recognize that reducing mass gun violence against kids is a priority and that the Australian solution responds to this.

So which is worse, assaults or bunches of dead kids?

If you say "dead kids," then you should support the Australian solution, because that is precisely what the Aussies stopped.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #105
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Yes, I would argue that burglary is a violent crime. That is why I used it as an example.
The legal definition would prove you wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
But I am happy to let you have your way and agree that it is not. No problem. You win that one.

So let's use your own example of assault from post 21 and paste it into my challenge:

So which is worse, assaults or bunches of dead kids?
Due to the rarity of 'bunches of dead kids' I'll go with 'assault', even though I'd compare it with rape for a more honest discussion.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30226 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25