Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Domestic terrorism

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #76
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
Oh wow!! The Mint News Press that is some well respected writing right there. You basically threw out a couple hundred word opinion piece, that doesn't site any sources on his made up "facts". All wrapped up and put of a right wing conspiracy site. BTW love this article here. It says Trump was right. People were dancing in the streets during 9/11, only it was Mossad Agents. Seems legit.
I don't think your going to be able to have this conversation.....
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďGod made certain people to play football. He was one of them.Ē Ė Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #77
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 10,164
Re: Domestic terrorism

This is not a comment on gun control which I think is such a hairy subject that we may never solve in this country but...

Guns don't cause this stuff to happen. Guns are the tool not the cause. Instead of both sides using this tragedy as a reason to bolster their case we need to focus on WHY THIS CRAP HAPPENS. I've never seen a real discussion led by adults on how to stop this stuff. It strikes me that simply getting rid a every gun (a complete impossibility anyways) is like cutting off your nose to cure congestion. We need to treat the causes not the symptoms.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:22 AM   #78
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,361
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Why would a wife drop off her own 6 mo old baby to help rectify a workplace grievance?

Wake the fuck up folk...can't bye what this president is trying to sell you. He is trying to cover his ass on the poor ass job he is doing.
I think you can lump every leader in the developed world in together, until the Paris attack security agencies through Europe, North America and Japan did not consider ISIS as a valid terror threat.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:22 AM   #79
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 54
Posts: 10,136
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
This is not a comment on gun control which I think is such a hairy subject that we may never solve in this country but...

Guns don't cause this stuff to happen. Guns are the tool not the cause. Instead of both sides using this tragedy as a reason to bolster their case we need to focus on WHY THIS CRAP HAPPENS. I've never seen a real discussion led by adults on how to stop this stuff. It strikes me that simply getting rid a every gun (a complete impossibility anyways) is like cutting off your nose to cure congestion. We need to treat the causes not the symptoms.
Oh you! Stop making sense. There is NO place for it in this thread. Please speak only in absolutes and hyperbole.
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #80
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,853
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think you can lump every leader in the developed world in together, until the Paris attack security agencies through Europe, North America and Japan did not consider ISIS as a valid terror threat.
Oh...so ignorance is an acceptable excuse?

psshhh jeez. wake up
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #81
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,361
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Oh...so ignorance is an acceptable excuse?

psshhh jeez. wake up
No I didn't say that. I whole heartedly agree with you, but you have to put them all together we are a globalized society and the global leadership needs to be held accountable. I don't think Obama has done a great job with ISIS but I think Europe and the rest of the world has done just as piss poor of a job.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #82
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,361
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Oh you! Stop making sense. There is NO place for it in this thread. Please speak only in absolutes and hyperbole.
You don't think the phrase "getting rid a every gun" is hyperbole. Who has ever said that? There is not a single politician in national office that would do this.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:55 AM   #83
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 54
Posts: 10,136
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think you can lump every leader in the developed world in together, until the Paris attack security agencies through Europe, North America and Japan did not consider ISIS as a valid terror threat.
Sorry, no. True, they were more of a regional force before Paris, but, they have long been seen as a potential threat. From a Brooking Institute Op Ed. a year ago.

Quote:
A real threat must have three attributes: intent, capability, and opportunity. Clearly, ISIS has the intent, declaring that the black flag of ISIS will fly over the White House. It also has the capability. Suicide bombers are not the most tactically advanced weapons, but their utility has been demonstrated for decades in the Middle East. That leaves opportunity, and the coalition of nations committed to defeating ISIS is in place to harden the Western target and diminish the chances of attack. Consequently, ISIS is only a threat if America stands by and lets it be a threat. When we stop fighting, however, we allow their fighters a chance to plan overseas operations and focus on a conceptual threat (the West) instead of daily threats at home.
The Big Questions on ISIS | Brookings Institution
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:56 AM   #84
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 10,164
Re: Domestic terrorism

It was obviously a phrase used for what would be the most extreme "solution".

This is the problem, there was literally nothing about anything I said that should have been taken as any type of stance on the overall subject of gun-control. I doubt you have any idea where I stand on this issue. But a simple turn of phrase used as a device brought forth a Pavlovian response. As Aaron Rodgers would say "Relax".
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #85
MVP
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 10,164
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
No I didn't say that. I whole heartedly agree with you, but you have to put them all together we are a globalized society and the global leadership needs to be held accountable. I don't think Obama has done a great job with ISIS but I think Europe and the rest of the world has done just as piss poor of a job.
I do tend to agree with this... I would say that I'd like to think the US should be out in front leading on this but alas we're not. It seems the world doesn't get much done security wise without us leading the way.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #86
The Starter
 
Hijinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 42
Posts: 1,961
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Why would a wife drop off her own 6 mo old baby to help rectify a workplace grievance?

Wake the fuck up folk...can't bye what this president is trying to sell you. He is trying to cover his ass on the poor ass job he is doing.
I was going to wash my car, but it rained today. God damn Obama, his administration just lets the clouds piss on us, because the clouds don't respect him.

Also it is his fault Firefly got canceled and I am pretty sure he kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.

And no I am not just crazy and pushing blame on a president because he wasn't who I wanted.
__________________
This is my signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #87
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 54
Posts: 10,136
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
No I didn't say that. I whole heartedly agree with you, but you have to put them all together we are a globalized society and the global leadership needs to be held accountable. I don't think Obama has done a great job with ISIS but I think Europe and the rest of the world has done just as piss poor of a job.
Okay. I agree with you. Didn't see this until after the prior post.
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #88
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,853
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Sorry, no. True, they were more of a regional force before Paris, but, they have long been seen as a potential threat. From a Brooking Institute Op Ed. a year ago.



The Big Questions on ISIS | Brookings Institution
Joe, ISIS has been on the radar of our government for a very long time and our response has been extremely poor. If you look at the history, it developed out of the insurgency/secular civil war in Iraq after the removal of Hussain. A lot of the big players were actually housed together in a large jail and were actually broken out and set free (I forget the name of the jail and I believed it happened round 2008 or 2009?). The argument that ISIS is a new thing is quite an insult to our intelligence community and state department. I think most people think this started when the new caliphate was announced...including this administration.

The Obama administration had no viable strategy developed to deal with this situation. When ISIS broke out of Syria, he sat back and did nothing.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #89
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,853
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
I was going to wash my car, but it rained today. God damn Obama, his administration just lets the clouds piss on us, because the clouds don't respect him.

Also it is his fault Firefly got canceled and I am pretty sure he kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.

And no I am not just crazy and pushing blame on a president because he wasn't who I wanted.
Im an independent and I do support some gun control issues that should be executed.

But this thread is about terrorism
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #90
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 54
Posts: 10,136
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
It was obviously a phrase used for what would be the most extreme "solution".

This is the problem, there was literally nothing about anything I said that should have been taken as any type of stance on the overall subject of gun-control. I doubt you have any idea where I stand on this issue. But a simple turn of phrase used as a device brought forth a Pavlovian response. As Aaron Rodgers would say "Relax".
^^ What he said.
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.16103 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25