Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Domestic terrorism

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,412
Domestic terrorism

While everyone is all fired up and paranoid over refugees and ISIS, meanwhile our own brand of terror continues to be a problem and yet the media never wants to call it what it is (white Christian terrorism) and our politicians never do anything about it.

And you can't tell me attacks on a Planned Parenthood aren't in part fueled by irresonsible GOP rhetoric. They need to step up and take some responsibility.

And how the heck does a guy shoot up a PP including shooting 5 cops and end up being taken alive, while a black man with a knife walking away from police ends up getting shot 16 times in cold blood? It's a F'd up world we live in.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #2
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Domestic terrorism

I assume your just slinging shit to see where it splatters?
ISIS? Paranoia.......?


State Department issues worldwide travel alert - CNNPolitics.com
GOP responsible for PP attacks? really?
I have an interesting philosophy. Maybe we hold people accountable for their own action..what say?
As far as the white christian terrorists. It's probably the liberal media covering up for them, right?
For me, I'll throw the switch on all they asses. Christian...Peace loving Muslim....Donald the Duck terrorist.....
I am a equal opportunity executioner.....
Nice to see this on the main page again
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #3
The Starter
 
Hijinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,961
Re: Domestic terrorism

Rachel Maddow did a story the other night about ties Ted Cruz has with violent Anti-abortionists.

Cruz ducks questions about radical religious right endorsement | MSNBC

Also I love how yet again the crazy right says we can't talk about gun control because it would be "using a tragedy." Except this nation has a gun tragedy every day.
__________________
This is my signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,124
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
While everyone is all fired up and paranoid over refugees and ISIS, meanwhile our own brand of terror continues to be a problem and yet the media never wants to call it what it is (white Christian terrorism) and our politicians never do anything about it.

And you can't tell me attacks on a Planned Parenthood aren't in part fueled by irresonsible GOP rhetoric. They need to step up and take some responsibility.

And how the heck does a guy shoot up a PP including shooting 5 cops and end up being taken alive, while a black man with a knife walking away from police ends up getting shot 16 times in cold blood? It's a F'd up world we live in.
Whoooaaa...
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #5
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,124
Re: Domestic terrorism

Domestic terrorism been here since the the country was born...and the comparison vs foreign terrorism is Apple and oranges. Anti abortions nuts...nothing new. I would agree our government and this adminstration isn't doing enough to keep the country safe against either.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #6
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
Rachel Maddow did a story the other night about ties Ted Cruz has with violent Anti-abortionists.

Cruz ducks questions about radical religious right endorsement | MSNBC

Also I love how yet again the crazy right says we can't talk about gun control because it would be "using a tragedy." Except this nation has a gun tragedy every day.
We have a people problem.....
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #7
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,412
Re: Domestic terrorism

Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Made Comment About 'No More Baby Parts': Sources - NBC News
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #8
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,457
Re: Domestic terrorism

It drives me nuts how we are having this nationalism movement occurring when there is a genuine reason for concern for Syrian refugees. The vetting process in the U.S. is sound there is no reason to backburner it. When Cubans or those fleeing Nazi Germany fled and became refugees we welcomed them and in both of those incidents we were at war with an ideology we feared.

On the flip side please stop calling this white terrorism just call it domestic terrorism.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #9
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,412
Re: Domestic terrorism

It would be nice if we did start calling our own terrorists, it's what they are. Not gunman, or thugs, straight up terrorists.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:45 PM   #10
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
It drives me nuts how we are having this nationalism movement occurring when there is a genuine reason for concern for Syrian refugees. The vetting process in the U.S. is sound there is no reason to backburner it. When Cubans or those fleeing Nazi Germany fled and became refugees we welcomed them and in both of those incidents we were at war with an ideology we feared.

On the flip side please stop calling this white terrorism just call it domestic terrorism.
It may not make you feel as warm and fuzzy as you think......

Administration officials have acknowledged that checking the accuracy or authenticity of documents provided by refugee applicants against foreign government records can be especially difficult involving countries that don't cooperate with the U.S. government, such as Syria. It can also complicate U.S. efforts to check foreign government records for local arrests or lesser bureaucratic interactions, such as bank records, business licenses or civil filings. "We do the best we can with the information we have," one U.S. official said.—FBI Director James Comey told Congress weeks ago that the FBI sees a risk with Syrian refugees and "we will work hard to mitigate it." He said the biggest challenge is that a background check is as only as good as the information available. "That's the challenge we are all talking about, is that we can only query against that which we have collected. And so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home but ... there will be nothing show up because we have no record on that person," Comey said.


Things to know about Syrian refugees and the vetting process - US News
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:42 AM   #11
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,457
Re: Domestic terrorism

Interesting Hog. I was listening to "On Point" two Wednesdays ago and they were talking to someone from NSA that was saying differently. I would not be surprised if this is the case of one hand not talking to the other i.e. not knowing what or where to send the information at hand.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #12
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Domestic terrorism

Syrian refugees not welcome in 31 U.S. states - CNN.com

New York: 'Virtually no vetting'
A senior White House security official attempted to allay concerns about the vetting of Syrian refugees.

Refugees wait for a boat to a new life
5 photos: Refugees wait for a boat to a new life
On NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday, White House Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes said, "We have very extensive screening procedures for all Syrian refugees who have come to the United States. There is a very careful vetting process that includes our intelligence community, our National Counter Terrorism Center, the Department of Homeland Security, so we can make sure that we are carefully screening anybody that comes to the United States."

New York Rep. Peter King, speaking on Fox News, cast doubt on Rhodes' comments.

[I]"What he said about the vetting of the refugees is untrue. There is virtually no vetting cause there are no databases in Syria, there are no government records. We don't know who these people are."[/I]

It would be interesting to know how many Syrian refugees have been denied access as a result of the.....vaunted vetting process.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:26 PM   #13
The Starter
 
Hijinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,961
Re: Domestic terrorism

Do these idiot GOP governor know they have ZERO say in US immigration policy or are they brain dead?
__________________
This is my signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:07 PM   #14
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,455
Re: Domestic terrorism

My professor from college, who i still keep in touch with, recently posted this article on his FB and it really makes you think:

The Christian Terrorist Movement No One Wants To Talk About | ThinkProgress

Lots of folks are quick to point out how violent the Muslim religion supposedly is, but doing some research it seems that radical Christians are at least on par with some of the incidents that have occurred. For all of the goodness contained within, the Bible is a decidedly horrifying and violent book, with many in-depth recountings of mass murder, rape, etc.. People will argue the "new testament vs Old testament", but it makes no difference.

I am not against people having religion or going to church, etc, but i guess the argument could be made that in the USA, we are slowly seeing hate groups / supremacists rise up and do what they are doing in the name of Christianity.

Matty is correct -the crazy Christians that do that stuff within the USA - need labeled terrorists, because thats what they are.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:12 PM   #15
The Starter
 
Hijinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,961
Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Syrian refugees not welcome in 31 U.S. states - CNN.com

New York: 'Virtually no vetting'
A senior White House security official attempted to allay concerns about the vetting of Syrian refugees.

Refugees wait for a boat to a new life
5 photos: Refugees wait for a boat to a new life
On NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday, White House Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes said, "We have very extensive screening procedures for all Syrian refugees who have come to the United States. There is a very careful vetting process that includes our intelligence community, our National Counter Terrorism Center, the Department of Homeland Security, so we can make sure that we are carefully screening anybody that comes to the United States."

New York Rep. Peter King, speaking on Fox News, cast doubt on Rhodes' comments.

[I]"What he said about the vetting of the refugees is untrue. There is virtually no vetting cause there are no databases in Syria, there are no government records. We don't know who these people are."[/I]

It would be interesting to know how many Syrian refugees have been denied access as a result of the.....vaunted vetting process.

Dude don't quote Peter King like he is knowledgeable. He is the same racist who after the Boston bombings, said all Muslims should be put under surveillance.
__________________
This is my signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.17129 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25