Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Tax bill

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,432
Tax bill

Letís move the tax bill talk here... one of the things I found most obnoxious about it is they tacked on drilling in the arctic. Weíre well on our way to ruining this planet, a pretty major fucking problem for everyone left or right
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #2
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,232
Re: Tax bill

They'll be dead by the time it matters. So it won't matter to them.

I find it pretty sad arctic drilling, abortion, and health care had to be mashed in, those are all issues deserving of their own platform. Another reason I hate the rider system in Congress. Unfortunately nothing will be done about it (like congressional term limits) because the people making the rules would be the people directly impacted by the rules.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:30 PM   #3
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,336
Re: Tax bill

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:40 PM   #4
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,432
Re: Tax bill

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #5
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,457
Re: Tax bill

There is very little evidence that increase/decrease in corporate taxes has a significant impact on wages. So a 1% corporate tax increases drops wages 1% at most. What happens to my wages when we have a 10% drop in corporate taxes and then increase my taxes? My wages won't be going up enough to offset that balance.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #6
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,336
Re: Tax bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
There is very little evidence that increase/decrease in corporate taxes has a significant impact on wages. So a 1% corporate tax increases drops wages 1% at most. What happens to my wages when we have a 10% drop in corporate taxes and then increase my taxes? My wages won't be going up enough to offset that balance.
There is a lot of evidence that shows lower corporate taxes doesn't translate to increased investment or higher salaries. Hell, many corporations have been using loop holes to evade taxes the past 20 years. They're stuffing cash in off-shore accounts to avoid taxes. Meanwhile, the workers are getting fucked and not seeing anything to note. The only people that make out are the stock holders, who are generally rich elite assholes to begin with.

The only way to get salaries to rise is to forcefully raise them. Supply side economics has never worked. Ever. It never ever will. Demand drives economies, and middle class america drives the demand. Give them the cash, the economy will boom. Give it to rich assholes, the economy will eventually crash. All one needs is to look at history. How fucking stupid are people? Rhetorical question.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #7
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,134
Re: Tax bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
They'll be dead by the time it matters. So it won't matter to them.

I find it pretty sad arctic drilling, abortion, and health care had to be mashed in, those are all issues deserving of their own platform. Another reason I hate the rider system in Congress. Unfortunately nothing will be done about it (like congressional term limits) because the people making the rules would be the people directly impacted by the rules.
I agree with everything you said!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:10 PM   #8
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,457
Re: Tax bill

Some of the deductions they are eliminating are flat out a war on the middle class and young people: student loan deduction, personal exemption, and state and local taxes will all hit young and middle class cohorts heavily. IMO this bill:
a. reduces college educated population in particular those at the graduate level
b. causes students who want to continue education take out more student loans to offset tax breaks
c. is counter intuitive to a conservative philosophy deducting state and local taxes allows states to have higher tax rates and therefore provide more state level services than federal services. If a state is willing to use its own money and not rely as heavily on the federal government you would think conservatives would be for it not against it.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #9
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,134
Re: Tax bill

This is a good break down of the Paul Ryan's tax bill!


https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...x-bill-n827856
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #10
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,232
Re: Tax bill

Really, our only hope is that Chico and the rest of his supporters will flip in 5 years when they realize the middle class cuts were only temporary and the corporate cuts were permanent. According to the analysis in about 5 years or so (should be just enough time for Chico to forget Trump/Congress is responsible for this) the middle class will see their taxes go up.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:41 PM   #11
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,146
Re: Tax bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Really, our only hope is that Chico and the rest of his supporters will flip in 5 years when they realize the middle class cuts were only temporary and the corporate cuts were permanent. According to the analysis in about 5 years or so (should be just enough time for Chico to forget Trump/Congress is responsible for this) the middle class will see their taxes go up.
Iím just waiting to see how the tax bill shakes out but there are certainly somethings that arenít perfect with it. Regardless, it will never be 100% to my liking because I simply donít blindly agree with whatever the right or left does.

Certainly if in the 5-6 years it doesnít do a good job, then yeah everyone should be held accountable. I hope it works, just like I hoped Obamacare would work. But it didnít work and yet nobody really wants to hold anybody accountable for that....

Speaking of Obamacare...the graphs of opioid deaths and spike prescription drug addiction as Obamacare went into effect....really interesting stuff that predictably no one wants to talk about. Correlation? Yeah certainly a story there that media has avoided.


Look, I aint mad at yíall, just trying to give you something to think about. These issues are not cut and dry or easy. Glad we have a forum to discuss

Last edited by Chico23231; 12-09-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #12
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,134
Re: Tax bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Iím just waiting to see how the tax bill shakes out but there are certainly somethings that arenít perfect with it. Regardless, it will never be 100% to my liking because I simply donít blindly agree with whatever the right or left does.

Certainly if in the 5-6 years it doesnít do a good job, then yeah everyone should be held accountable. I hope it works, just like I hoped Obamacare would work. But it didnít work and yet nobody really wants to hold anybody accountable for that....

Speaking of Obamacare...the graphs of opioid deaths and spike prescription drug addiction as Obamacare went into effect....really interesting stuff that predictably no one wants to talk about. Correlation? Yeah certainly a story there that media has avoided.
So what do the people do that are taking it up the ass from the tax bill for the next 5-6 years?Why should I have to cover the rich or corporations?

Obamacare did work,are there problems ,yes,but fix the problems don't dump the whole thing!

Chico, what fucking flavor of kool/aid are you drinking to even suggest that Obamacare had anything at all to do with a spike in drug addiction.You pull a trump move by making a suggestion that's not true at all and then blame the media for not covering something you made up? WTF???
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #13
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,146
Re: Tax bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So what do the people do that are taking it up the ass from the tax bill for the next 5-6 years?Why should I have to cover the rich or corporations?

Obamacare did work,are there problems ,yes,but fix the problems don't dump the whole thing!

Chico, what fucking flavor of kool/aid are you drinking to even suggest that Obamacare had anything at all to do with a spike in drug addiction.You pull a trump move by making a suggestion that's not true at all and then blame the media for not covering something you made up? WTF???
G1 I laughed pretty hard at your opening line. Nice one.

Obamacare worked for very, very few and didnít do what it was supposed to do. Iím not gonna get into, but keep thinking everything is fine with it.

G1, look at the spike of opioid deaths during the obama adminstration and the addiction issues we have today. It certainly didnít start in the obama adminstration but the healthcare legislation may have intensified and expanded the issue. Iíve read a couple things about the issue, but itís certainly been overlooked largely by the media...I just wonder why?
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #14
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,232
Re: Tax bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Iím just waiting to see how the tax bill shakes out but there are certainly somethings that arenít perfect with it. Regardless, it will never be 100% to my liking because I simply donít blindly agree with whatever the right or left does.

Certainly if in the 5-6 years it doesnít do a good job, then yeah everyone should be held accountable. I hope it works, just like I hoped Obamacare would work. But it didnít work and yet nobody really wants to hold anybody accountable for that....

Speaking of Obamacare...the graphs of opioid deaths and spike prescription drug addiction as Obamacare went into effect....really interesting stuff that predictably no one wants to talk about. Correlation? Yeah certainly a story there that media has avoided.


Look, I aint mad at yíall, just trying to give you something to think about. These issues are not cut and dry or easy. Glad we have a forum to discuss
You are right, it's never as cut and dry as we want it to be. I'm not happy about the rise of opoid deaths either, or the rise of fentanyl, or the fact that prescription drugs seem to be the gateway to heroin abuse and everyone ignores it because script drug companies are basically untouchable now. Just not sure what the solution to it is because as long as healthcare continues to be a profitable industry like everything else in America, it will be a problem.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #15
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,134
Re: Tax bill

No ,he isn't .Chico isn't even in the same ballpark.He wants to blame someone ,anyone and so it's Obamacare and the media ,he is no different than trump.As for the media you're dead wrong on that I know they have been writing stories for years and nothing has happen. Opiods ...while tragic and sad are just the next best thing in the drug war that has been going on for years. Do I need to post the articles about dead friends and children of dead friends to prove my point?


Please enlighten me on how making sure as many Americans as possible can have health care can be responsible for the opiod crises?

Chico, ACA = Affordable Care Act ,it did what it meant to do,insure more Americans then ever before,please show me where I say it's fine? I'll wait.
Short of a Universal Health System it was better than what we had.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.19370 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25