Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football


Fantasy Tips

Fantasy Football


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #91
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Check it out
Pretty good team. I Reeeeeaaaaally wanted Arian Foster but the guy right before me drafted him in the 7th. I had the first overall pick in a snake league so going 20 spots in between consecutive picks made it a bit hard to judge when to take guys.

Where did you take MJD? He didnt get taken until the 3rd round in my league. we were all scared to death of him. To put it in perspective, one guy took the Jets defense when MJD was still on the board. he's a moron Jets fan that thinks they'll get him 20ppg.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #92
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,126
Re: Fantasy Tips

Jones-Drew in the 3rd round? In most leagues he's a top 5 pick.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #93
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Check it out
You're either in a 4 team league or you have a bunch of morons in your league. That's a sick lineup. I'm in two different 10 team leagues this year, and you have 5 guys in your starting lineup that went in the first 3 rounds in both of my leagues (Brady, Turner, MJD, R.White, Megatron).

I'm lukewarm on MJD this year, but how on earth did he fall to the 3rd round?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #94
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Fantasy Tips

My two starting lineups for week 1:

QB- Tom Brady
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB- Ronnie Brown
WR-Roddy White
WR-Wes Welker
WR/RB- Ahmad Bradshaw
TE- Antonio Gates
K- Matt Prater
D/ST- Dallas (I know, I know)

Peyton Manning
Ryan Grant
Pierre Thomas
Andre Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Tim Hightower
Vernon Davis
Rob Bironas
Pittsburgh

So in the league above where I have Brady/AP, I'm a little stuck on my flex player. I'm up in the air between Ahmad Bradshaw, Tim Hightower, and Malcolm Floyd (I also have Gates, so I'd be starting two Chargers).

So my fellow fantasy gurus- Hightower, Bradshaw, or Floyd?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #95
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Jones-Drew in the 3rd round? In most leagues he's a top 5 pick.
Not ours. His injury is worrisome. He was off my board entirely. As was Forte. He burned me last year and i'd rather have Tony Romo on my roster than him. Fitzgerald also feel very far in our draft. Someone took a kicker in the 5th. The draft was the craziest ive ever been a part of.... although one of my friends is in a league where some moron took the Texans Andre DAVIS in the first round. Thats got to be about the dumbest thing i've ever heard of.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #96
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,126
Re: Fantasy Tips

MJD is back at practice this week and said the injury is a non-issue. We'll see.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #97
Impact Rookie
 
tootergray34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 681
Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Ok, Week 1 advice (without being a homer) I have to start 2RBs. First is Michael Turner (no brainer there), second is either Matt Forte @ Detroit or Clinton Portis vs Dallas? Why does starting Portis against the Cowboys bother me?
start Forte and don't look back. Dallas Defense > Lions defense although lions will be much improved this year.
__________________
---HAIL!!!---
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #98
Impact Rookie
 
tootergray34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 681
Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Check it out
who are you drafting with? (i'm assuming children?)


enjoy the championship my man!
__________________
---HAIL!!!---
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #99
Impact Rookie
 
tootergray34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 681
Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
My two starting lineups for week 1:

QB- Tom Brady
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB- Ronnie Brown
WR-Roddy White
WR-Wes Welker
WR/RB- Ahmad Bradshaw
TE- Antonio Gates
K- Matt Prater
D/ST- Dallas (I know, I know)

Peyton Manning
Ryan Grant
Pierre Thomas
Andre Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Tim Hightower
Vernon Davis
Rob Bironas
Pittsburgh

So in the league above where I have Brady/AP, I'm a little stuck on my flex player. I'm up in the air between Ahmad Bradshaw, Tim Hightower, and Malcolm Floyd (I also have Gates, so I'd be starting two Chargers).

So my fellow fantasy gurus- Hightower, Bradshaw, or Floyd?
GO FLOYD, he'll probably be the #1 target on a pass heavy offense. just hope antonio gates doesn't theif a couple TD's from ya.
__________________
---HAIL!!!---
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #100
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,506
Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
You're either in a 4 team league or you have a bunch of morons in your league. That's a sick lineup. I'm in two different 10 team leagues this year, and you have 5 guys in your starting lineup that went in the first 3 rounds in both of my leagues (Brady, Turner, MJD, R.White, Megatron).

I'm lukewarm on MJD this year, but how on earth did he fall to the 3rd round?
Dude it's not a 4 team league......it's a 6 team league. Huge difference. I'm actually in 3 leagues this year. Each league has a different style. Two of them are 10 team leagues one of which has a ridiculous scoring system (not uncommon for players to put up 70 points in any given week). The other 10 team league is a PPR league. The 6 team league, well let's just say I wanted a league where I didn't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #101
Impact Rookie
 
johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest, DC
Posts: 599
Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
GO FLOYD, he'll probably be the #1 target on a pass heavy offense. just hope antonio gates doesn't theif a couple TD's from ya.
what he said. floyd, hands down.
__________________
fight for old dc.
johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #102
Impact Rookie
 
johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest, DC
Posts: 599
Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Dude it's not a 4 team league......it's a 6 team league. Huge difference. I'm actually in 3 leagues this year. Each league has a different style. Two of them are 10 team leagues one of which has a ridiculous scoring system (not uncommon for players to put up 70 points in any given week). The other 10 team league is a PPR league. The 6 team league, well let's just say I wanted a league where I didn't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
what is the fun in a 6 team league? everyone has a ton of sick players. where is the strategy in trying to decide between starting roddy white and miles austin? "scraping the bottom of the barrel" is the whole point of fantasy football, getting the guys that are great before they prove it. if anything, i go for larger leagues, ones in which everyone has to know their stuff to survive. i mean like 14+ leagues. thats where the waiver wire and trades really matter.
__________________
fight for old dc.
johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #103
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,126
Re: Fantasy Tips

I'm not a big fan of small leagues, or leagues with crazy scoring. A league I'm in with guys from work is totally ridiculous. You start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 flex spots, 1 kicker, 1 team D, and two IDP. And on top of that you have an 8 player bench. Needless to say the draft took forever.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #104
Impact Rookie
 
johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest, DC
Posts: 599
Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm not a big fan of small leagues, or leagues with crazy scoring. A league I'm in with guys from work is totally ridiculous. You start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 flex spots, 1 kicker, 1 team D, and two IDP. And on top of that you have an 8 player bench. Needless to say the draft took forever.
that league sounds awesome. IDP might be my favorite position to draft. depending on the scoring system, i almost always try to get our own london fletcher.
__________________
fight for old dc.
johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #105
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,126
Re: Fantasy Tips

Funny, I did grab Fletcher. He racks up a ton of tackles.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29288 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25