Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football


Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Fantasy Football


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #46
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,758
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

I have a problem in one of my leagues, for one RB position I have to chose between:

David Wilson, Monte Ball, Giovani Bernard, and Ben Tate.

My thinking in my draft was to load up in the end on rookie break out canidates because that kinda how the draft fell to me. My other RB position is fine, Trent Richardson.

Should I wait for one guy to emerge? I thought one would be now between preseason and camp.

I'm also thinking about trading my starting TE, Jimmy Graham and one of those RB for a solid starting RB. Right now my back up at TE is sleeper Jordan Cameron, who went ape shit first game with 9 catches for 108 and a TD.

Advice please.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #47
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,687
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

If I had to start one, I would go with Wilson. Yes, he fumbled but they really don't have any option but him at the RB position at this point. Jacobs may vulture some TD's but Wilson is the guy who will get them yards.

At the same time, if you can grab a solid back from a trade of Graham and (Back of tradee's choice), I would do so in a heartbeat. Cameron will be an excellent option.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #48
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,758
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
If I had to start one, I would go with Wilson. Yes, he fumbled but they really don't have any option but him at the RB position at this point. Jacobs may vulture some TD's but Wilson is the guy who will get them yards.

At the same time, if you can grab a solid back from a trade of Graham and (Back of tradee's choice), I would do so in a heartbeat. Cameron will be an excellent option.
Yeah this week Im gonna put Wilson in the starting line up out of those and wait 1 more week. If I dont see results Im gonna start the trade requests. Thing is you really cant wait to long, season is short.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #49
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Considering Wilson is about all the Giants have, he will play until he fumbles. You have to take the chance on him.

Bernard WILL take over in Cincy later in the year, but he's not start-able just yet.

Tate wouldn't be a bad play if you can't stomach starting Wilson. Their coach said it's an even split between he and Foster on carries right now. They're trying to pace Foster's carries and keep him healthy and Tate is good enough to start for any team except Minnesota and Houston. He'd give Morris a run for the job here. He's that good but since he's on a team with Foster, we don't get to see it.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #50
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,758
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Yeah Im keeping Tate because Foster could go down at any second and had naggy injuries all camp. Houston has an outstanding OL, whoever runs behind it is going to be very productive.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #51
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,687
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Alright, I have one for you. Standard scoring league. Flex position question.
RB1, 2: Morris, D. Murray
WR1, 2: J. Nelson, A. Green

Flex options:
S. Smith (WR) @ Buffalo
R. Mathews @ Phil

I also have as possibitlities:
Hankerson @ GBay
A. Jeffrey (WR) v. Minn
M. Brown (WR) v. Clev

At the flex, it seems obvious that it is either Smith or Mathews but Hankerson may be playable there too.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #52
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,687
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Also, I have L. Bell on my roster picked him up on waivers just before week 1. Wondering, in light of latest news if he is worth stashing.

We have a 5 player bench adn Smith & Mathews are my primary Flex plays & bye subs so one will be sitting while the other plays (or both play and one of my starters is occupying the bench b/c of the bye). Eventually, Bell is my 4th back if someone goes down or possible Flex play. I like the potential on the of my other bench players (Hank, Jeffrey, Brown) and will ultimately need a replacement spot when the bye rolls around for QB, D and TE (I am carrying only one of each).

I am pretty sure I should just hold Bell and lose one of Brown/Jeffrey/Hankerson if (a) something better comes along; or (b) I need the spot for a bye player. Don't think Bell is going to light anything up even when he does come back but it's looking like he will be the starter from day 1 on his return and starting backs are hard to come by.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #53
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,758
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Alright, I have one for you. Standard scoring league. Flex position question.
RB1, 2: Morris, D. Murray
WR1, 2: J. Nelson, A. Green

Flex options:
S. Smith (WR) @ Buffalo
R. Mathews @ Phil

I also have as possibitlities:
Hankerson @ GBay
A. Jeffrey (WR) v. Minn
M. Brown (WR) v. Clev

At the flex, it seems obvious that it is either Smith or Mathews but Hankerson may be playable there too.
Nobody is consistent enough in the "possibilities" catogory, so they are out. With the flex position, its all about finding the best option most likely to score a td. I think S. Smith is that best possibility between the 2. Right now in one of my leagues im starting Matthews in a flex spot. I dont think he is a bad option because he will have opportunity to gain yards. The problem with Matthews is Woodhead and another RB (Brown?) are getting touches too.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #54
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,758
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Also, I have L. Bell on my roster picked him up on waivers just before week 1. Wondering, in light of latest news if he is worth stashing.

We have a 5 player bench adn Smith & Mathews are my primary Flex plays & bye subs so one will be sitting while the other plays (or both play and one of my starters is occupying the bench b/c of the bye). Eventually, Bell is my 4th back if someone goes down or possible Flex play. I like the potential on the of my other bench players (Hank, Jeffrey, Brown) and will ultimately need a replacement spot when the bye rolls around for QB, D and TE (I am carrying only one of each).

I am pretty sure I should just hold Bell and lose one of Brown/Jeffrey/Hankerson if (a) something better comes along; or (b) I need the spot for a bye player. Don't think Bell is going to light anything up even when he does come back but it's looking like he will be the starter from day 1 on his return and starting backs are hard to come by.
Id hold on to Bell over M. Brown for sure. Bell should be their No 1, its all about getting the No 1 options in RB and WR positions for fantasy.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #55
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,687
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Id hold on to Bell over M. Brown for sure. Bell should be their No 1, its all about getting the No 1 options in RB and WR positions for fantasy.
Yup. Pretty much came to the same conclusion as I was typing. At the same time, I am thinking Brown is going to make some waves, pretty sure my byes don't require me to bench more than two at any point so I should never need to dip to far down. At the same time, I think he takes over for T. Smith as the No. 1 option in the passing game by midseason. Flacco has raved publicly and privately about him and, with J.Jones down, Brown has a real shot at breaking out (like Colston so many years ago). Keep him on your watch list.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #56
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,542
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

I have Wilson as well and am putting him back in my line up. He'll get going. Too good of a talent to keep on sucking and fumbling his career away.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #57
Impact Rookie
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 839
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

20 team PPR league

Riley Cooper, Mohamed Sanu, Austin Pettis - who's the odd man out?

Sanu & Cooper are my 4th & 5th receivers, Pettis is a free agent.
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #58
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,758
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
20 team PPR league

Riley Cooper, Mohamed Sanu, Austin Pettis - who's the odd man out?

Sanu & Cooper are my 4th & 5th receivers, Pettis is a free agent.
Cooper is def in. I like Sanu over pettis
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #59
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,758
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

Who are your big pickups at rb this week? Lucky enough to get Moreno on 2 teams and will be starting him vs Oakland.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #60
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Thread

starks and mcgahee were up in a couple leagues. i dont think WM is a good start this week (assuming he passes the physical), but starks could be.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31792 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25