Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football


Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Fantasy Football


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2015, 01:16 PM   #16
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,671
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Folks:

Peyton Manning vs Detroit

or

Matt Ryan vs Dallas

Dallas pass D has been really good and they are at home. 5.7 YPA and 68% passer rating

Detriot is rated 24 in pass D, 9.3 YPA, 108 passer rating.

My thinking is Peyton, but Dallas offense will be limited and may be turnover prone giving Matt Ryan short fields to f*ck with.

Opinions
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Ė Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #17
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 48
Posts: 1,559
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

So its Wednesday and there is no news yet on Eddie Lacy. I need to start 2 of these 4 and with the Thursday night game (Alfred Morris) verses the Monday night game (Eddie Lacy) I'm stuck. Who do I start? Alfred Morris, Eddie Lacy, Dion Lewis, Johnathan Stewart. need 2
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #18
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 54
Posts: 10,123
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

In an injury situation, unless the indications and reports are "while still listed as questionable, he ran first team reps" or its equivalent, I follow the rule "a bird in the hand." AlfMo may not have the upside of a healthy Lacy, but he offers guaranteed points - who knows, he may still a TD or two. Until Jones takes it over, Morris is going to get good touches and good yards.

My choice would be D. Lewis and AlfMo.
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:45 PM   #19
The Starter
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 1,013
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
So its Wednesday and there is no news yet on Eddie Lacy. I need to start 2 of these 4 and with the Thursday night game (Alfred Morris) verses the Monday night game (Eddie Lacy) I'm stuck. Who do I start? Alfred Morris, Eddie Lacy, Dion Lewis, Johnathan Stewart. need 2
I own Lacy and Dion too.

I'm staying away from Lacy this week, Packers are usually cautious with injuries and you (like I) have some RB depth.

In a standard league I'd go Stewart/Morris, PPR I'd go Stewart/Lewis. I think Stewart will get back on track vs. a not so good NO defense.

Morris is good for 10-12 pts. so if you want the safe play then Morris over Stewart.
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #20
The Starter
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 1,013
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Folks:

Peyton Manning vs Detroit

or

Matt Ryan vs Dallas

Dallas pass D has been really good and they are at home. 5.7 YPA and 68% passer rating

Detriot is rated 24 in pass D, 9.3 YPA, 108 passer rating.

My thinking is Peyton, but Dallas offense will be limited and may be turnover prone giving Matt Ryan short fields to f*ck with.

Opinions
Matt Ryan should have a solid game, but I think they may be running the ball with a blowout situation by the 3rd/4th quarter.

Peyton's game could turn into a shootout... he's playing a sh*tty D anyways.

Safe play is Ryan, Manning has higher upside... I'd go Manning.
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:27 PM   #21
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 54
Posts: 10,123
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

2 RB's a Flex from:

Morris v. NYG
D. Lewis v. Jax
L. Bount v. Jax
Gio Bernard v. Balt.
J. Maclin v. GB
K. Wright v. Ind.

Leaning towards Morris, Lewis and Gio (one of the three being the flex)

Thoughts?
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #22
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 48
Posts: 1,559
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
So its Wednesday and there is no news yet on Eddie Lacy. I need to start 2 of these 4 and with the Thursday night game (Alfred Morris) verses the Monday night game (Eddie Lacy) I'm stuck. Who do I start? Alfred Morris, Eddie Lacy, Dion Lewis, Johnathan Stewart. need 2

So I was able to pick up James Starks, so I think I'll go Dion Lewis and Lacy or Starks depending on the injury report. At least I have an option on Monday no matter what. I'm hesitant to start Alfred and kinda bummed as a fantasy owner that I have him. I think after the Rams game Matt Jones is about to take over as the lead back. Its great as a Redskins fan, but a bummer as an Alfred Morris Fantasy owner.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:30 PM   #23
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 48
Posts: 1,559
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
Matt Ryan should have a solid game, but I think they may be running the ball with a blowout situation by the 3rd/4th quarter.

Peyton's game could turn into a shootout... he's playing a sh*tty D anyways.

Safe play is Ryan, Manning has higher upside... I'd go Manning.
As tempting as Matt Ryan is this week, I do not see the Falcons running the ball weather they are ahead or behind. The don't have Tevin Coleman this week and D Freeman is a joke. Matt Ryan will be passing if the Falcons are up by 10 or down by 10. Besides the Cowboy Defense is pretty good against the run.

I still vote Peyton. I see Peyton saying "screw the coach's plan" He will be in the shotgun passing to Sanders and Thomas the whole game. After last Thursday night, he knows, we know and everyone knows that works.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #24
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,671
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
2 RB's a Flex from:

Morris v. NYG
D. Lewis v. Jax
L. Bount v. Jax
Gio Bernard v. Balt.
J. Maclin v. GB
K. Wright v. Ind.

Leaning towards Morris, Lewis and Gio (one of the three being the flex)

Thoughts?
If you are PPR, then Id go:

Morris, Maclin and K.Wright. I hate New England Running back because of how Hoodie changes it up. Baltimore is tough on the run, so Bernard is out right off the bat.


Thanks for the opinions with the peyton, matt ryan...im going with Peyton.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Ė Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #25
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 29
Posts: 13,458
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
i always have that problem where i start the wrong guys and leave a billion points on my bench.
Yup.

Drafted Peyton and Romo as my backup. Week 1 started Manning: gave me 5 points, Romo on the bench had 20. Lost by 5 points. Week 2: started Romo: Romo gets injured in the 3rd after scoring 7 points, Manning had 20 on the bench. Lost by 5 again. Luckily this week I don't have a choice but to start Manning.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #26
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 17,210
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

i feel you mooby. i always draft the right players for the year and then start the wrong ones week after week. it's depressing. a draft grade that said i'd go 13-1 is already 0-2 (i know those things aren't great, but still). just a terrible start.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:58 AM   #27
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 54
Posts: 10,123
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Okay. So here is my FF roster (QB, 2 RB, 2WR, Flex: RB/WR/TE, K, D, 5 bench slots):

QB: Brady, Brees
RB: AlfMo, G. Bernard, Arian Foster, Dion Lewis, L. Blount
WR: D. Thomas, A. Brown, J. Maclin, K. Wright
TE: T. Eifert
D: Arizona
K: A. Vinaterri.

My general theory is to get a good QB, load up on the best RB's and WR's I can, and play the match-ups for TE's, D's, & K's as they are unpredictable and, generally, outside of 1 or 2 exceptions (Gronk, Seattle for example), are interchangeable and streaming them as necessary is fine. Plus, as positions go, they vary markedly and unpredictably from season to season. I rarely draft or carry doubles on those positions.

My problems with the current roster are:

(1) I need to cut someone to stream a K, TE and D through the season. Not sure who I would chop as I see only Brady, Brown and Thomas (and Foster when he returns) as "must" starts.
(2) I don't see any real trade value here except the "must" starts and, for them, given their value to me, I don't see anyone giving me value for them or how trading any of them will improve my team - I just don't see how I can "win" any trade involving them; likely, it just makes the roster weaker.
(3) The rest of my team is flawed but not without value.
- Brees will be back but is really not an elite QB1 anymore. Although he will undoubtedly have one or two games later in the season where he puts up some elite points, he mostly likely will be barely average for the rest of the year (plus my need for him is pretty much gone after Week 4 and Brady's bye)
- My remaining RB's are true hit or miss and solidly in the RB 2/3 range: Morris's is losing value as we speak and may be relegated to the bench by the middle of the year ... unless he's not, who knows? Lewis/Blount are each good for points (league is ppr) but which to start when? Gio is a barely there RB3/Flex but, again, feel like I cut him and he is off waivers PDQ b/c he makes points.
- Wright looks like a solid WR3 flex guy from here on out, just makes me nervous in Tenn. He seems pretty boom or bust. Maclin looked like a steal before the season but then Alex Smith became Alex Smith again in the regular season and makes Maclin, like most of my team, a low to middling point producer who will rarely "Zero Out" and is likely to have an occasional, randomly unpredictable big game.

None of the guys who I would be willing to trade (Brees, Blount, Lewis, Bernard, Morris, Maclin, Wright) would likely get me anything better anywhere else (i.e. trading a RB to improve WR, TE, D).

So, I think I have to cut someone ... who do you cut and why.

[BTW, 3/4's of the league is on the Warpath ... so there you go folks, I laid it out for you. If you see a trade that helps us both - particularly if you are at the end of the waiver priority, I am open to it. I'm not an idiot (so, please no "here's my RB2 and bench guy for A. Brown" offers) but happy to make something happen if you can find a way to benefit both of us].
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #28
The Starter
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 1,013
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Okay. So here is my FF roster (QB, 2 RB, 2WR, Flex: RB/WR/TE, K, D, 5 bench slots):

QB: Brady, Brees
RB: AlfMo, G. Bernard, Arian Foster, Dion Lewis, L. Blount
WR: D. Thomas, A. Brown, J. Maclin, K. Wright
TE: T. Eifert
D: Arizona
K: A. Vinaterri.

My general theory is to get a good QB, load up on the best RB's and WR's I can, and play the match-ups for TE's, D's, & K's as they are unpredictable and, generally, outside of 1 or 2 exceptions (Gronk, Seattle for example), are interchangeable and streaming them as necessary is fine. Plus, as positions go, they vary markedly and unpredictably from season to season. I rarely draft or carry doubles on those positions.

My problems with the current roster are:

(1) I need to cut someone to stream a K, TE and D through the season. Not sure who I would chop as I see only Brady, Brown and Thomas (and Foster when he returns) as "must" starts.
(2) I don't see any real trade value here except the "must" starts and, for them, given their value to me, I don't see anyone giving me value for them or how trading any of them will improve my team - I just don't see how I can "win" any trade involving them; likely, it just makes the roster weaker.
(3) The rest of my team is flawed but not without value.
- Brees will be back but is really not an elite QB1 anymore. Although he will undoubtedly have one or two games later in the season where he puts up some elite points, he mostly likely will be barely average for the rest of the year (plus my need for him is pretty much gone after Week 4 and Brady's bye)
- My remaining RB's are true hit or miss and solidly in the RB 2/3 range: Morris's is losing value as we speak and may be relegated to the bench by the middle of the year ... unless he's not, who knows? Lewis/Blount are each good for points (league is ppr) but which to start when? Gio is a barely there RB3/Flex but, again, feel like I cut him and he is off waivers PDQ b/c he makes points.
- Wright looks like a solid WR3 flex guy from here on out, just makes me nervous in Tenn. He seems pretty boom or bust. Maclin looked like a steal before the season but then Alex Smith became Alex Smith again in the regular season and makes Maclin, like most of my team, a low to middling point producer who will rarely "Zero Out" and is likely to have an occasional, randomly unpredictable big game.

None of the guys who I would be willing to trade (Brees, Blount, Lewis, Bernard, Morris, Maclin, Wright) would likely get me anything better anywhere else (i.e. trading a RB to improve WR, TE, D).

So, I think I have to cut someone ... who do you cut and why.

[BTW, 3/4's of the league is on the Warpath ... so there you go folks, I laid it out for you. If you see a trade that helps us both - particularly if you are at the end of the waiver priority, I am open to it. I'm not an idiot (so, please no "here's my RB2 and bench guy for A. Brown" offers) but happy to make something happen if you can find a way to benefit both of us].
I would be doing my best to sell high on Maclin right now to someone hurting for a WR. He's had his best two games for the rest of the season these past two weeks. Maybe package Maclin & Bernard (who I think will fade due to Hill in these next few weeks) for 1 really good player. If you want to hold on to Bernard then use Blount as a throw in. If you just need to cut one I'd cut Blount, you can't start him over any of your other backs with confidence - and you own the best back in that backfield (Lewis).
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #29
The Starter
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 1,013
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Just traded Spiller & Stevie Johnson for Moncreif & Joique Bell (throw in) in my 20 team league. Needed a legit WR3...

My roster as of now is:

QB: Brady
RB: Lacy
RB: D. Lewis
WR: Sanders
WR: J. Matthews
WR: Moncreif
TE: Ebron

BN: Boldin
BN: Sproles
BN: Owen Daniels
BN: Joique Bell
BN: Stefon Diggs

DST / K: (Streaming week to week)

Grabbed Diggs yesterday. I think he could end the year being somewhere between last years OBJ and Allen Robinson. 6'0, 4.46 40-time, very fluid and quick. Minnesota doesn't have any half decent receiver past Mike Wallace. 6 catches for 87 yards on 10 targets last week against a tough Denver secondary. He could/should pass up Charles Johnson and every one else on that depth chart. Worth a look in deep leagues.

Feeling pretty good about my team. Started 2-2 but the losses were due to some pretty unlucky matchups. Yahoo predicts me to go undefeated for the rest of the season.
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #30
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 29
Posts: 13,458
Re: Fantasy Football 2015 Thread

Anyone else 0-4 despite scoring the 2nd most points in the league so far? If I don't win the next two I'm playing out the string. Got 150 points last week and lost by 20, got 185 the week before and lost by 10.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.17711 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25