Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2006, 02:40 AM   #61
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

NFL | Rowan does some work at Pro Day
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:57:54 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Wisconsin CB Levonne Rowan measured a height of 5-11 1/4 and a weight of 198 pounds at his Pro Day. He ran the 40-yard dash with a time of 4.31 seconds and performed in position drills.


NFL | J. Orr Pro Day update

Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:54:18 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Wisconsin WR Jonathan Orr measured a height of 6-1 5/8 and a weight of 196 pounds at his Pro Day. He ran the 40-yard dash twice with a time of 4.41 seconds while finishing the short shuttle in 4.29 seconds, the long shuttle in 11.19 seconds, and the three-cone drill in 7.07 seconds. He measured a 39-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-8 broad jump.


NFL | O. Daniels only does position drills at Pro Day
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:53:45 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Wisconsin TE Owen Daniels measured a height of 6-3 1/4 and a weight of 250 pounds at his Pro Day. He stood on his numbers from the NFL Combine and only performed position drills.


NFL | Calhoun Pro Day update
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:52:46 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Wisconsin RB Brian Calhoun measured a height of 5-9 and a weight of 204 pounds at his Pro Day. He ran the 40-yard dash with a time of 4.38 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.04 seconds, the long-shuttle in 11.03, and the three-cone drill in 6.83 seconds. He measured a 38-inch vertical jump.


NFL | M. Bernstein Pro Day update

Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:52:05 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Wisconsin FB Matt Bernstein measured a height of 6-0 1/2 and a weight of 260 pounds at his Pro Day. He ran the 40-yard dash with times of 4.80 seconds and 4.90 seconds while finishing the short shuttle in 4.27 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.25 seconds. He measured a 33 1/2-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot-10 broad jump while completing 25 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.



M bernstein is the best blocking FB this draft, O Daniels is in the 9-12 range of TEs (will be drafted near the 5th). Orr is in the 3rd-4th round range. he's a tall fast guy (with TERRIBLE shuttle time) that's never really gotten it all together at once yet (and maybe he never will). Rowan put up a killer time, but even that probably won't be enough to get him drafted. He's way down the CB list, but anyone with a 4.3 has a good chance at a camp invite.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-27-2006, 02:46 AM   #62
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012
I live about 40 mins from the NIU campus, so I got to see this guy play a bit. His playing speed isn't as impressive as his numbers indicate, but I think he'd be a decent seventh round pickup.
yeah, 40 times are really pretty flawed. Thats why so many track guys get in the NFL and just suck it up. Running in shorts is a lot different than running in pads while exhausted and trying to read an offense/defense on the fly while also getting pushed around. Slow mental reactions and limited football experience knocks most of the track guys out within the first two years.

Of course, sometimes you get guys like Moss who are also football players.

It's kind of ironic that most of the people in this list are there for 40 times, but in the workout blurbs they don't have video of the drills to watch or anything of the like, so all you get are heights weights and 40 times... which also accounts for the lack of OL/DL guys.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #63
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

thatguy,thanks again for all the up to date draft stuff
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:57 AM   #64
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
NFL | Calhoun Pro Day update
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:52:46 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Wisconsin RB Brian Calhoun measured a height of 5-9 and a weight of 204 pounds at his Pro Day. He ran the 40-yard dash with a time of 4.38 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.04 seconds, the long-shuttle in 11.03, and the three-cone drill in 6.83 seconds. He measured a 38-inch vertical jump.
These are very solid numbers for a RB. Does this solidify his position as the 6th Rb off draft boards?
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #65
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012
These are very solid numbers for a RB. Does this solidify his position as the 6th Rb off draft boards?
it can't hurt, but i think maurice drew is still #6 and he'd be #7, and i think that's justified. That's an amazing shuttle time though, a full 2/10ths faster than his combine run.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:48 AM   #66
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Steelers | Team could still select a running back in the NFL Draft
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:33:20 -0800

Joe Bendel, of the Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher said the Steelers would not rule out going after a running back in the NFL Draft, despite the fact RBs Willie Parker, Duce Staley and Verron Haynes are returning.

pittsburg always wants another back
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:56 AM   #67
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Dolphins | Team will not tolerate contract holdouts
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:03:12 -0800

Jeff Darlington, of the Palm Beach Post, reports Miami Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga will not be tolerant about contract holdouts. Huizenga said, "I personally am going to insist that that person we sign has got to be in camp to start. It doesn't do us any good to pick somebody and then not have them get to camp. That's going to be very important to us." He did not specifically name RB Ronnie Brown, who held out for the first three weeks of training camp in 2005, but did suggest that his late arrival helped lead to the team's 3-7 start.


THAT is a smart man. Contract holdouts typically lose the most important weeks of training camp (and their right to a good first impression), lose their position battles by default, and end up losing 8 weeks of what could have been a productive year. Ramsey's holdout (and the frustration it caused) very easily could have helped his current backup status, and its a pretty common story of stunted and late blooming careers. Of course, the holdout makes sense if its the only payday you'll be getting (total bust) or you get hit with a serious injury early on.... but usually its a squabble for 60-70k that can end up costing millions.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:58 AM   #68
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Browns | Savage flexible on draft
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:32:23 -0800

Patrick McManamon, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage said the team will be flexible with the 2006 NFL Draft. Savage said, "If you go back to what I said a few months ago, we were last in sacks, last in run defense, last in red-zone scoring. So anything that would help in those areas we would consider." It does not seem likely the team would go offense with their first pick, but Savage did not dismiss the idea. Texas QB Vince Young and USC RB LenDale White are two possibilities to be available for the Browns with their No. 12 overall draft choice.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:03 AM   #69
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
Browns | Savage flexible on draft
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:32:23 -0800

Patrick McManamon, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports Cleveland Browns general manager Phil Savage said the team will be flexible with the 2006 NFL Draft. Savage said, "If you go back to what I said a few months ago, we were last in sacks, last in run defense, last in red-zone scoring. So anything that would help in those areas we would consider." It does not seem likely the team would go offense with their first pick, but Savage did not dismiss the idea. Texas QB Vince Young and USC RB LenDale White are two possibilities to be available for the Browns with their No. 12 overall draft choice.
PFT reported a day or two ago that the Titans WILL take Vince Young if he's still there at no. 3. This makes a lot of sense, but in any case, I don't see anyway that he could slip past 7.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:11 AM   #70
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012
PFT reported a day or two ago that the Titans WILL take Vince Young if he's still there at no. 3. This makes a lot of sense, but in any case, I don't see anyway that he could slip past 7.
me either, yet the dolphins (at 16) had private meetings with him... the dolphins have talked to about 20 QBs though... I think they might be writing a book at this point.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #71
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Bills | Ngata may not fit team's defensive scheme; may look elsewhere
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:04:50 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills will not be able to address their needs on either the offensive or defensive line with the eighth overall pick in the NFL Draft in April. Oregon DT Haloti Ngata does not look like a good fit for the new defensive system being adopted by Bills head coach Dick Jauron. Several scouts and personnel directors from around the league say Ngata is not a fit for the "Tampa Cover 2" style, because he is a 345-pound lineman whose strength is occupying two gaps on the line. Other observers feel the No. 8 overall pick is too early to draft the second best offensive tackle in the draft, USC OT Winston Justice. The Bills may need to turn their attention to the secondary or linebacker. Bills general manager Marv Levy would not comment specifically on Ngata or other defensive line prospects, but he acknowledged the nose tackle can't be solely a hole-plugger.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #72
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
Bills | Ngata may not fit team's defensive scheme; may look elsewhere
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:04:50 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills will not be able to address their needs on either the offensive or defensive line with the eighth overall pick in the NFL Draft in April. Oregon DT Haloti Ngata does not look like a good fit for the new defensive system being adopted by Bills head coach Dick Jauron. Several scouts and personnel directors from around the league say Ngata is not a fit for the "Tampa Cover 2" style, because he is a 345-pound lineman whose strength is occupying two gaps on the line. Other observers feel the No. 8 overall pick is too early to draft the second best offensive tackle in the draft, USC OT Winston Justice. The Bills may need to turn their attention to the secondary or linebacker. Bills general manager Marv Levy would not comment specifically on Ngata or other defensive line prospects, but he acknowledged the nose tackle can't be solely a hole-plugger.
Two Words: Brodrick. Bunkley.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #73
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012
Two Words: Brodrick. Bunkley.
I'm really up on him too.

Ngata is more of a classic NT, which are hard to find. Someone with a 3-4 is going to love him.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:44 AM   #74
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

holmgren (HC - seahawks ) said they'd probably be drafting a WR in the 3rd round or below today. darrel jackson (their #1 WR) is still out with a knee injury.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:01 PM   #75
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,289
Re: New Thread for Pro Day/Daily KFFL draft news

Titans | Adams wants No. 3 pick to be used for QB
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:08:58 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams wants the team to use the No. 3 overall pick of the 2006 NFL Draft for a quarterback of the future. "We ought to get a pretty good quarterback out of this draft," said Adams. "Drafting No. 3, we ought to get a pretty good quarterback in that spot right there. ... I hope we get a guy who can be our leader for about 10 years. It's time for that, I think."
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37101 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25