Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2 possible db's in draft

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #16
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,340
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
seriously, when someone tells me every player from their school is absolutely amazing, it doesn't really help persuade.
What are the chances anyone has seen the players on their team more than the fans of the team itself? If you're looking for an honest assessment of the skills of a player, who better to ask than the people who watched every single game that player has played in?

By your reasoning, anything you had to say about Fred Smoot should be completely discounted by, let's say, the Vikings fans when they were looking to pick him up off of free agency? Does that make sense? Wouldn't you know more about Smoot's strengths and weaknesses than a Seahawks fan or a Bears fan?

By way of another example, maybe the Panthers should have paid more attention to our "biased" opinion of Rod Gardner.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #17
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,495
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

schooled!
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #18
Camp Scrub
 
RTerps2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: FT Lauderdale Florida
Age: 43
Posts: 33
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

AC will not be there when we pick the kid from pENN STATE IS TO slow
RTerps2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21
What are the chances anyone has seen the players on their team more than the fans of the team itself? If you're looking for an honest assessment of the skills of a player, who better to ask than the people who watched every single game that player has played in?

By your reasoning, anything you had to say about Fred Smoot should be completely discounted by, let's say, the Vikings fans when they were looking to pick him up off of free agency? Does that make sense? Wouldn't you know more about Smoot's strengths and weaknesses than a Seahawks fan or a Bears fan?

By way of another example, maybe the Panthers should have paid more attention to our "biased" opinion of Rod Gardner.
way to misread the post. there are certain guys called "homers" and listening to them is a bad idea cause they generally think everything is great. sometimes its hard to tell whos who when i see PSU in the name and PSU players are always the first (and sometimes the only) people that are brought up. sorry.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #20
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,340
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
way to misread the post. there are certain guys called "homers" and listening to them is a bad idea cause they generally think everything is great. sometimes its hard to tell whos who when i see PSU in the name and PSU players are always the first (and sometimes the only) people that are brought up. sorry.
Um, huh? The other PSU fan on here brought up three other non-psu names.....not just a Penn State player. I also didn't see him saying that "everything is great" with all PSU players.....or even with Anwar Phillips for that matter. He recognized that Anwar would make a good nickel CB or eventually a solid #2 CB. How is that raving about how great Anwar is? Looks to me more like a reasonable analysis of his ability based on first-hand observations made while watching the player in action. So who is really the one misreading posts here?
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #21
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staylor21
Carrs numbers are similar to those of two highly recruited prospects, Chad Jackson and Santonio Holmes. And Carr led the ACC in td's, a conference that has Sinorice Moss, and Calvin Johnson.

G YDS YDS/G TD
Chad Jackson 12 900 75 9
Santonio Holmes 12 977 81.4 11
Greg Carr 9 618 68.7 9
*notice the three more games they have as well.

and Holmes had 2tds vs Minn, 2tds vs Ill, 1td vs Ind, 5 out of 11 in bottom of Big Ten, and 1td vs Miami(OH).
and Jackson had 3tds vs Wyoming, 1td vs Louis, tech, 1td vs Vandy, and 1td vs SC, average SEC teams.
Though he may have only started 9 games, the official ncaa stat database on him says he played in 11 games (recording a tackle in one game where he had 0 catches and getting 0 in another game as well).
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDet...=234&player=89

minn was a winning team and holmes had 124yds and 1 td vs ND and 73 and a TD vs texas. carr only had 3 good games andd they were ALL against terrible teams. holmes didn't go shrinking violet any time someone good came to play.

jackson is going high mainly on his 40 time, but he was more consistant last year and those average SEC teams are much more impressive than wailing on a 1 and 10 last place duke team.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #22
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21
Um, huh? The other PSU fan on here brought up three other non-psu names.....not just a Penn State player. I also didn't see him saying that "everything is great" with all PSU players.....or even with Anwar Phillips for that matter. He recognized that Anwar would make a good nickel CB or eventually a solid #2 CB. How is that raving about how great Anwar is? Looks to me more like a reasonable analysis of his ability based on first-hand observations made while watching the player in action. So who is really the one misreading posts here?
apparently you are. I said sometimes its hard to tell if someone is homering or giving an honest assessment, i apologized if i mistook.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #23
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

I would like to know how a 4.6 guy will be able to keep up with a WR that runs a 4.27... no matter how much faster "he plays over his 40 time" it limits his versatility and upside, as does being 5'11 with a 35" vert (compared to taylor or other corners that are taller have 40"+ verts).
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:08 PM   #24
Camp Scrub
 
Staylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas, PA
Age: 29
Posts: 31
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
Though he may have only started 9 games, the official ncaa stat database on him says he played in 11 games (recording a tackle in one game where he had 0 catches and getting 0 in another game as well).
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDet...=234&player=89

minn was a winning team and holmes had 124yds and 1 td vs ND and 73 and a TD vs texas. carr only had 3 good games andd they were ALL against terrible teams. holmes didn't go shrinking violet any time someone good came to play.

jackson is going high mainly on his 40 time, but he was more consistant last year and those average SEC teams are much more impressive than wailing on a 1 and 10 last place duke team.

haha this is fun, another point on my side of this is that Carr didn't have a Matt Leinahrt type qb throwing him the ball either. He had yet another FSU freshman, Drew Weatherford, throwing the ball. Look out for the 'Noles in the near future!
Staylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:10 PM   #25
Camp Scrub
 
Staylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas, PA
Age: 29
Posts: 31
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

by the way im a FSU fan, although I go to PSU. I would def. rather Cromartie, I was just throwin his name out there because he shot down the FSU wr's in the Orange Bowl.
Staylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:21 PM   #26
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,340
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staylor21
by the way im a FSU fan, although I go to PSU.
WHAT??!!!! HOW COULD YOU??!!! That just hurts me to read.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staylor21
haha this is fun, another point on my side of this is that Carr didn't have a Matt Leinahrt type qb throwing him the ball either. He had yet another FSU freshman, Drew Weatherford, throwing the ball. Look out for the 'Noles in the near future!
weatherford is actually a pretty good freshman qb. not nearly as good on TD/int as the other two had, but his yardage is better and it looks like the ball is spread more evenly... still when carr comes out i doubt he'll get any notice unless he can step up when the competition isn't crap.

speaking of 6'6", next year the 2nd punter taken will be 6'6"... not relevent, but really strange. the #1 WR taken in 2007 might be 6'5"-6'6" Jeff S from ND though.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #28
Camp Scrub
 
Staylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas, PA
Age: 29
Posts: 31
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
weatherford is actually a pretty good freshman qb. not nearly as good on TD/int as the other two had, but his yardage is better and it looks like the ball is spread more evenly... still when carr comes out i doubt he'll get any notice unless he can step up when the competition isn't crap.

speaking of 6'6", next year the 2nd punter taken will be 6'6"... not relevent, but really strange. the #1 WR taken in 2007 might be 6'5"-6'6" Jeff S from ND though.
I agree with you on Smardjza, or whatever, being number one, and in 2010 the number wr taken will be none other than 6'6" Greg Carr, that is if he doesn't leave early. And yeah Weatheford is good, just tryin to prove my point he was an experienced freshman throwin the ball to Carr, and he did a good job, most yards in the country I believe as a freshman.
Staylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #29
Camp Scrub
 
JBartell05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

With the second rd pick the skins should take the best player of need available (LB or DB).

Maybe they can get that LB from Alabama. What are your thoughts gents?
JBartell05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:52 PM   #30
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: 2 possible db's in draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBartell05
With the second rd pick the skins should take the best player of need available (LB or DB).

Maybe they can get that LB from Alabama. What are your thoughts gents?
whic one? ryans or roach?

ryans is great, but he won't be there when we pick. roach will probably be there in the 5th, but he's a 4.95 guy, which really hurts his usefulness. at that speed, roach can't cover in man and he can't rush the passer very well either. In the 5th there's better prospects than him.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.47554 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25