Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


And the idiot of the year award goes to............

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #61
Special Teams
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 468
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

anybody notice that williams only got 19.5 sacks in 3 seasons? In the ACC?
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #62
The Starter
 
PWNED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ZOMGZZZ!!111
Age: 22
Posts: 1,153
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

you gotta say though, the ACC is a high powered conference.
__________________
143 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
PWNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #63
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ
OK I agree Mario may turn out to be a great fit to Texans if he doesn't turn out to be a bust there are many games againts bad teams he didn't do squad. But for the pure economics and return of investment Bush was the right choice. Right now NO season tickes are going out fast and then you have jersey tshirt etc... coem on Texas would have recover the 6 maybe 7 million they had to over pay Bush in a month.

And NO made the right move not only for the bussines aspect but because Deuce just came back from major surgery they don't know if he will be 100%.

And for the 1 that said taht moves like this is why Great players like Witten fall to the second he fell to the Third round and we love that pick.

for me the more stupid moves came from the Bills they not only reached once (Whitner, Donte) but twice (McCargo, John) with players that should had gone so high. but I thank them because that let us pick Carpenter

And NO tried to fiend suitable trade partner before selecting bush but they say none offered anything worth the value.
Hey D'Boyz, don't you also love the fact that Dallas passed on Stephen Jackson and took Julius Jones instead?

I know I do!
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #64
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven
Hey D'Boyz, don't you also love the fact that Dallas passed on Stephen Jackson and took Julius Jones instead?

I know I do!
BURN!
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:17 PM   #65
Impact Rookie
 
CRT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rockville
Age: 51
Posts: 795
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359
Well with that they could have easily traded down with the Jets or Saints and still gotten the Brick. After the Ditka fiasco I don't think anyone will pay more than what the Giants paid for Eli Manning in regards to getting the #1 overall pick.
Sorry to say this but you are a hypocrite. You chastised Casserly for his pick and then say somthing about the Ditka deal. Remember who the Saints gave their draft to? Ths Skins, Charley Casserly who traded down and got Champ who we got Portis for. And Got the #2 pick in the next years draft which was LaVar, whom we got a ton of mileage out of.

Guess he is an idiot? My idiot would go to either Buffalo for there stupid picks or the Eagles for picking once again a DT.
__________________
16-0 for 2007
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #66
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT3
Sorry to say this but you are a hypocrite. You chastised Casserly for his pick and then say somthing about the Ditka deal. Remember who the Saints gave their draft to? Ths Skins, Charley Casserly who traded down and got Champ who we got Portis for. And Got the #2 pick in the next years draft which was LaVar, whom we got a ton of mileage out of.

Guess he is an idiot? My idiot would go to either Buffalo for there stupid picks or the Eagles for picking once again a DT.
that was the best DT in the draft and they needed the help, and they also got two quality OL starters well below value. I'd agree on the bills and add the vikings for reaching as well.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #67
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven
Hey D'Boyz, don't you also love the fact that Dallas passed on Stephen Jackson and took Julius Jones instead?

I know I do!

How that's a Burn really Julius has done more than Jackson in less games?? yeah he has been injured but he has 3 times the potential Jackson barelly made 1000 last year in 15 games

JJ almost did it in 13 and he wasn't 100% in 4 games he played, we also passed on K. Jones that draft was that a bad move also.

And sorry but JJ, Spears ( 1st round pick we got from Buffalo), and Bledsoe released because of J.P Losman ( the pick Buffalo took with our pick). is 10,000 better than just S. Jackson.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #68
Impact Rookie
 
CRT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rockville
Age: 51
Posts: 795
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
that was the best DT in the draft and they needed the help, and they also got two quality OL starters well below value. I'd agree on the bills and add the vikings for reaching as well.
But they keep on missing with picking a DT. Every year. They needed to pick a RB or dare I say a QB. When they lossed their QB last year things really went south. Ohh I forgot they upgraded in the offseason by hiring Timmy Chang and Jeff Garcia.
__________________
16-0 for 2007
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #69
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,506
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ
How that's a Burn really Julius has done more than Jackson in less games?? yeah he has been injured but he has 3 times the potential Jackson barelly made 1000 last year in 15 games

JJ almost did it in 13 and he wasn't 100% in 4 games he played, we also passed on K. Jones that draft was that a bad move also.

And sorry but JJ, Spears ( 1st round pick we got from Buffalo), and Bledsoe released because of J.P Losman ( the pick Buffalo took with our pick). is 10,000 better than just S. Jackson.
Umm... looking at NFL.com Jackson and Jones compare:

Jackson - 1046 yards rushing (254 carries) 8 TD's; 320 yards receiving (43 catches) 2 TD's

Jones - 993 yards rushing (257 carries) 5 TD's; 218 yards receiving (35 catches) 0TD's

It looks to me like Jackson was a bit more productive with less touches and is secured as the feature back this year.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #70
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,444
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT3
Sorry to say this but you are a hypocrite. You chastised Casserly for his pick and then say somthing about the Ditka deal. Remember who the Saints gave their draft to? Ths Skins, Charley Casserly who traded down and got Champ who we got Portis for. And Got the #2 pick in the next years draft which was LaVar, whom we got a ton of mileage out of.

Guess he is an idiot? My idiot would go to either Buffalo for there stupid picks or the Eagles for picking once again a DT.
I wasn't exactly criticizing Ditka. I was saying that since the Saints trading their draft away in retrospect didn't turn out good, this in turn caused the other teams afterwards to look at it and say 'well we want the #1 pick but we can't be like the saints a few years ago and trade away all our picks for one player'. I then brought up though that the bar might have been set by the Giants trading for Eli with their pick in that years draft, a 3rd rounder, and a 1st rounder the following year. Good point though concerning Casserly and his involvement with the Ditka trade.

I'd also like to bring up that I'm a little confused about Williams sack total. throughout this thread one of my arguments has been that he got only 11 sacks in his final 2 years at NC State. However after looking at various draft profiles and hearing Mark Schlereth (or however you spell his name) he had 14.5 sacks in his senior year. At the same time Cold Pizzas Jay Crawford cited Mario Williams as having only 11 sacks in his final 23 games. I then went on the NC State website and found this.

http://gopack.cstv.com/sports/m-foot...s_mario00.html

Then I realized i should have read the years next to it. However the 1-2 punch of Crawford and skiming over this led me to believe that these were his last two seasons of college football.

I'm actually kind of surprised that no one called me out on this. This was the foundation of my argument.

So with that said, I'd like to say that I still stand by the 'Texans shoulda picked Bush bandwagon.' At the same time I will admit that Williams wasn't as bad of a pick as I thought. However with a city that got burned by the last franchise that settled there that by ignoring the cries and demands of the fans when they felt this strongly about taking Bush should have caused them to yield to the fans. Worst case scenario you get a guy that sells more tickets and makes your offense more explosive. However if Kubiack thinks he can turn anyone into a 1200 yard rusher in case Davis gets injured than more power to him. Remember though Texans fans aren't nearly as loyal as us (though they are loyal in their own right) and if Williams turns into a bust they could be facing one hell of a backlash.

In the end I have to admit giving Casserly the idiot of the year award might have been a bit premature (especially when canidates like the Bills and Kris Benson have been nominated). Only time will tell, and I will admit if Williams has a Seymour like impact then I will personally handwrite a letter to Mr. Casserly appoligizing for my harsh remarks.

So if you have anything to say give me your best shot, I've earned it.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:04 AM   #71
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

the thing about casserly is that he always knows exactly what to do.... two years after the fact

falcons + vick = 25,000 more season tickets sold. I can't think of a single defensive lineman that generates that kind of economic impact (and that's not including jerseys and caps and such). As for team needs, even though bush is a better player, they do have his spots covered fairly well (two #1 WRs, PB KR, good #1 RB, though a bit fragile).

anyways, for player stats:
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/mainpage.jsp

get them right from the source, you'll get better results (go to team reports on the right). Its throwing up an error clicking on individual players right now though hopefully it fixed soon.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:17 AM   #72
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,396
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

I think you did blow it on this one,even though I'm not high on casserly,this was kubiaks pick and charley went with it,charley said on the radio here that since he's been a gm he's never had a disagreement with a coach who their #1 pick would be,he made it sound like he pretty much picks who the coach wants for the first pick,after that there might be some disagreements on other players,he's pretty much blamed capers for the picks he's made that didnt turn out because thats who capers wanted,so even though I dont think he's an idiot for the williams pick because i dont think it was his call,his other picks and freeagent moves{philip buchanon}have sucked.he did have some good moves for the skins,I give him credit for that,but being close to the situation in houston has left me very unimpressed,now I'm starting to think that dirtbag,maybe you are right,maybe he is the idiot of the year,lol
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:04 AM   #73
Impact Rookie
 
CRT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rockville
Age: 51
Posts: 795
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359
I wasn't exactly criticizing Ditka. I was saying that since the Saints trading their draft away in retrospect didn't turn out good, this in turn caused the other teams afterwards to look at it and say 'well we want the #1 pick but we can't be like the saints a few years ago and trade away all our picks for one player'. I then brought up though that the bar might have been set by the Giants trading for Eli with their pick in that years draft, a 3rd rounder, and a 1st rounder the following year. Good point though concerning Casserly and his involvement with the Ditka trade.

In the end I have to admit giving Casserly the idiot of the year award might have been a bit premature (especially when canidates like the Bills and Kris Benson have been nominated). Only time will tell, and I will admit if Williams has a Seymour like impact then I will personally handwrite a letter to Mr. Casserly appoligizing for my harsh remarks.

So if you have anything to say give me your best shot, I've earned it.
I believe you have a better understanding of not calling Casserly an idiot but your point on Williams being the #1 is well documented. Cudos.

But really what #1 pick has succeded, they are few and far between.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ones
__________________
16-0 for 2007
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #74
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,247
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT3
I believe you have a better understanding of not calling Casserly an idiot but your point on Williams being the #1 is well documented. Cudos.

But really what #1 pick has succeded, they are few and far between.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ones
really depends on your definition of success... a lot of them lasted over 10 years and a bunch also made the HoF. and some of them (ie bo jackson) were doing very well until injuries ended their careers.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #75
The Starter
 
PSUSkinsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,340
Re: And the idiot of the year award goes to............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359
So with that said, I'd like to say that I still stand by the 'Texans shoulda picked Bush bandwagon.' At the same time I will admit that Williams wasn't as bad of a pick as I thought. However with a city that got burned by the last franchise that settled there that by ignoring the cries and demands of the fans when they felt this strongly about taking Bush should have caused them to yield to the fans. Worst case scenario you get a guy that sells more tickets and makes your offense more explosive. However if Kubiack thinks he can turn anyone into a 1200 yard rusher in case Davis gets injured than more power to him. Remember though Texans fans aren't nearly as loyal as us (though they are loyal in their own right) and if Williams turns into a bust they could be facing one hell of a backlash.
Winning games puts people in the seats too. A coach's and GM's job is to do what's best for the team. The fact that a certain player would sell more tickets might be a consideration for the owner, but should have no impact on the rest of the front office.
__________________
"Hail to the Redskins!" and "Fight on State!"
PSUSkinsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37950 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25