Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Russell to the skins?

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 05:06 AM   #106
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,523
Re: Russell to the skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% PURE WHOOP ASS View Post
heres an idea, trade portis to 3rd spot move up above the hated Buc's take calvin johnson, then with our 6 pick, we take adrian peterson, that would be worth it, plus can you imagine the look on grudens face........ priceless
just what we should do, take 2 players we dont need
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 AM   #107
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,396
Re: Russell to the skins?

aa and espy for bly? jeez, its NOT ever going to happen... maybe you guys are idding (i hope so) but if not, be aware that the broncos are very very close to the cap and arch's contract is very unfriendly after this year, plus they don't need him, cause he's injury prone or he just flat out sucks, your call.

think about it, a #1 corner for a punt protector? no one's that stupid.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:18 AM   #108
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Russell to the skins?

JLC killed it in his blog and speculated that Gibbs may even kill it publicly.

This is a rumor started by Russell's agents to boost his value.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:54 AM   #109
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,481
Re: Russell to the skins?

It's one thing for the national media to get all caught up in this Jamarcus Russell rumor, they don't cover our team all that closely and don't know exactly how much everyone in-house loves Jason Campbell. But it's an entirely different thing for REDSKIN FANS to actually buy into this rumor, especially Redskin fans on this site. As a fan base, we are supposed to be smarter than other fan bases around the league. And specifically at the Warpath, we are supposed to be smarter than fans at other Redskin sites. This is where we come to have KNOWLEDGABLE discussion about the Redskins. But buying into a rumor like this just shows how little you know.

If you bought into it, consider yourself scolded.

Redskins Insider
Schneed10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #110
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Russell to the skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It's one thing for the national media to get all caught up in this Jamarcus Russell rumor, they don't cover our team all that closely and don't know exactly how much everyone in-house loves Jason Campbell. But it's an entirely different thing for REDSKIN FANS to actually buy into this rumor, especially Redskin fans on this site. As a fan base, we are supposed to be smarter than other fan bases around the league. And specifically at the Warpath, we are supposed to be smarter than fans at other Redskin sites. This is where we come to have KNOWLEDGABLE discussion about the Redskins. But buying into a rumor like this just shows how little you know.

If you bought into it, consider yourself scolded.

Redskins Insider
Good post. It really amazes me how, at times, we're no different from the people that don't follow the team or have the insight we're privy to. No way in hell the Redskins could possibly show one iota of interest in Russell. To be truthful, you shouldn't have to read a JLC blogg or anything to really come to the conclusion. I'm actually surprised that this particular thread has last, what, this many pages. But I guess it really is off season.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #111
Special Teams
 
rvd420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 227
Re: Russell to the skins?

whoever thinks we are getting russell needs to stop smoking meth cause it aint happenin.
rvd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:22 PM   #112
Special Teams
 
rvd420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 227
Re: Russell to the skins?

:smashfrea we are not trading portis and we do need a tall reciever but it will be in the later rounds if we do.
rvd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #113
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 36
Posts: 1,319
Re: Russell to the skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
And specifically at the Warpath, we are supposed to be smarter than fans at other Redskin sites. This is where we come to have KNOWLEDGABLE discussion about the Redskins.

....
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:49 PM   #114
Registered User
 
100% PURE WHOOP ASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 42
Posts: 51
Re: Russell to the skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
just what we should do, take 2 players we dont need
2 players we dont need....are you serious, outside of moss/ Lioyd and randell at best is poor 2nd and 3rd receivers, antwann a great returned, but Calvin Johnson is a beast a freak of nature, and adrian peterson, is probably going to be a stud in 2 yrs, we still have Betts, and Jason Campbell will have a speedster and big target to through to, which means betts and peterson, will keep the 8 man from honest.....I LOVE PORTIS, THINK HES GREAT, but how much longer you think he will hold up, i hope forever but last year is a bad sign,........but sorr dmek25, i guess your opinion is the only one that counts
100% PURE WHOOP ASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #115
Special Teams
 
rvd420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 227
Re: Russell to the skins?

:smashfrea were more than likely trading down.we have more than one need.portis gets hurt one year and everybody thinks hes done.how sad.
portis is goin no where.
rvd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:52 PM   #116
Special Teams
 
holcknowsbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 240
Re: Russell to the skins?

wait wait, we werent there looking at russell, we are there looking at laron laundry. the falcons love this guy and they are at 10, if we show intrest in laundry then that gives us another potential trade partner. its all gamesmanship by gibbs and company......why would we want russell when we already have a guy with the same style and skills as him. its a joke so calm down fokes.
holcknowsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:43 AM   #117
Registered User
 
Crazyhorse1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 227
Re: Russell to the skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P View Post
No way. No one will touch AA's contract.
I'm hoping we can trade AA for Bly and that JaMarcus with fall to us at #6. After that, I'd like to pick up Gaines Adams in the third and Okoye in the fourth. Maybe we can pick up Calvin Johnson after that but think we might have to settle for Branch.
Crazyhorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #118
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 40
Posts: 9,534
Re: Russell to the skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse1 View Post
I'm hoping we can trade AA for Bly and that JaMarcus with fall to us at #6. After that, I'd like to pick up Gaines Adams in the third and Okoye in the fourth. Maybe we can pick up Calvin Johnson after that but think we might have to settle for Branch.
WHAT??? Adams in the 3rd??? You mean 3rd pick overall right? Cause he's a top 10 prospect. This post makes absolutely no sense...come to think of it, why am I even bother to make a reply on a pipe dream? Shame on me.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:10 AM   #119
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,523
Re: Russell to the skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% PURE WHOOP ASS View Post
2 players we dont need....are you serious, outside of moss/ Lioyd and randell at best is poor 2nd and 3rd receivers, antwann a great returned, but Calvin Johnson is a beast a freak of nature, and adrian peterson, is probably going to be a stud in 2 yrs, we still have Betts, and Jason Campbell will have a speedster and big target to through to, which means betts and peterson, will keep the 8 man from honest.....I LOVE PORTIS, THINK HES GREAT, but how much longer you think he will hold up, i hope forever but last year is a bad sign,........but sorr dmek25, i guess your opinion is the only one that counts
first off, I'm not trying to say my opinion is right, I'm am just stating it. and secondly, all 3 of those receivers are proven NFL players. we do not need another reciever. and if you watched the redskins last season, ladell betts is a fine BACK UP. i don't think any of us want our main ball carrier to fumble as much, especially in crucial times, as betts as shown a tendency to. and if we do what you want, who the hell is playing defense? i for one do not want the same cast as we had on the field last year. we already proved that doesn't work
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:13 AM   #120
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,114
Re: Russell to the skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd420
aa for bly could happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd420
just like no one would give dockery a ludicrous contract!thats proof that aa for bly could happen.
So, an unrelated transaction in which a team needing O-Line help, paid an exhorbitant amount for one of the top 3 guards on the market in a market flush with new money, IS ABSOLUTE PROOFthat a team with a hard hitting safety that is a liability in coverage (John Lynch anyone), having just traded 2 starters and a fifth round choice for a top-flight CB, will turn around and trade that CB for a third string safety that everyone acknowledges is a liability in coverage.

Why yes, the logic of your statement is irrefutable. The sun comes up every morning PROVES that cows give milk.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30230 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25