Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Late round DT

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
PSUskinsfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: the port, PA
Age: 29
Posts: 692
Late round DT

If we look towards a DT to help stuff the run late in the draft here are a few monsters we should keep in mind that will be available....

LaRon Harris NW Oklahoma St.....
former high school all american
transfer from University of Tennessee
6'3" 345lbs, 33 reps of 225, 33.5 inch verticle jump
* did a back flip after his pro day workout!!!

Walter Thomas NW Mississippi JC..
transfer from Oklahoma State
6'5" 370lbs...looks like he doesn't fit into his pads
reportedly runs a 4.8-4.9 40
dominated at the JC level

Paul Soliai Utah...
6'4" 344lbs
played in JC for 2 years before going to Utah
35 tackles 2 sacks his senior season

Keith Jackson Arkansas..
6'1" 305lbs....a little undersized
Over 70 tackles each of his last two seasons

Jay Alford PSU...
6'3" 304lbs
Hell of a player in college, very underrated
Great pass rusher for a DT-8 or more sacks in each of his last 2 seasons
__________________
R.I.P. ST
21.....never forgotten
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: Late round DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUskinsfan11 View Post
LaRon Harris NW Oklahoma St.....
former high school all american
transfer from University of Tennessee
6'3" 345lbs, 33 reps of 225, 33.5 inch verticle jump
* did a back flip after his pro day workout!!!
If I saw a 345 pounder do this, I would literally sh*t myself!

Nice work with the information. I've been looking around at some potential late rounders, too.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Late round DT

If the Redskins were trying to field a gymnastics team or add large men to their cheerleading corps, I'd be impressed with the "back-flipper". The problem here is that the Skins play football and the usefulness of a defensive lineman who can do a backflip is really - REALLY - minuscule.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
Special Teams
 
Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burke, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 270
Re: Late round DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUskinsfan11 View Post
If we look towards a DT to help stuff the run late in the draft here are a few monsters we should keep in mind that will be available....

Jay Alford PSU...
6'3" 304lbs
Hell of a player in college, very underrated
Great pass rusher for a DT-8 or more sacks in each of his last 2 seasons
very underrated player i hope we pick him up
__________________
"He can run like Jerry Rice and hit like Night Train Lane" 21
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Late round DT

Are these 6th and 7th round guys? If so, I think with Golston, Montgomery, Demetric Evans, and Ryan Boschetti, the depth guys are basically taken care of -- and that's all anyone should expect with players at that stage of the draft.

We need viable starters at this position. But if we're able to amass some more picks and one of these guys is still there, why not? Take one just to be sure. I'm all about stacking up the D-line.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
724Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 3,507
Re: Late round DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
If the Redskins were trying to field a gymnastics team or add large men to their cheerleading corps, I'd be impressed with the "back-flipper". The problem here is that the Skins play football and the usefulness of a defensive lineman who can do a backflip is really - REALLY - minuscule.
Think about it: this guy (Jay Alford) gets tied up at the line by two o-linemen. The RB, say Julius Jones, runs right by him. Mr. Alford simply does a backflip and lands on top of poor Mr. Jones, thus effectively stopping a potential big gain. Just one of the secret ingredients to our Super Bowl recipe.
__________________
"I hope I'm getting better. I hope you haven't seen my best." - Jim Zorn
724Skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Late round DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
Think about it: this guy (Jay Alford) gets tied up at the line by two o-linemen. The RB, say Julius Jones, runs right by him. Mr. Alford simply does a backflip and lands on top of poor Mr. Jones, thus effectively stopping a potential big gain. Just one of the secret ingredients to our Super Bowl recipe.
With a back-flipping man over three bills, that would effectively stop Jones' career.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #8
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Late round DT

370 and runs a 4.8? i don't think that's right, he'd never go that low. mario williams ran 4.7 at 290 and that caused everyone to ooh and aah.

PSU's DT is worth a flyer though. he's under rated.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Late round DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
370 and runs a 4.8? i don't think that's right, he'd never go that low. mario williams ran 4.7 at 290 and that caused everyone to ooh and aah.

PSU's DT is worth a flyer though. he's under rated.

He might have done a 4.8 on ST stolen ATV, with ST in hot pursuit with a .45? Are you kiddin
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

Last edited by skinsfan_nn; 03-15-2007 at 05:56 PM. Reason: nunyabus
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:31 AM   #10
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Late round DT

alford is probably a 4th rounder :/ means we'll need to get a late 3rd/early4th round pick to get him.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21585 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25