Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 AM   #46
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,693
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreene28 View Post
It seems like every year there's a WR/TE whose workout makes everybody freak out like this...

2007 - Calvin Johnson
2006 - Vernon Davis
2005 - Braylon Edwards
2004 - Larry Fitzgerald / Kellen Winslow Jr
2003 - Charles Rogers / Andre Johnson

And for every Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson or Roy Williams there are plenty players like Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Bryant Johnson, Ashlie Lelie, David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner, Peter Warrick, David Boston, Michael Westbrook or Desmond Howard who are high 1st round picks that have been busts or have had disappointing careers.

If you could go back to 1996 and have the Jets # 1 overall pick.. would you choose Keyshawn Johnson? Or would you rather have Simeon Rice at 3 Ogden at 4 or a better WR Marvin Harrison at 19... How about Ray Lewis at 26. If you went back in time and told the Jets that Harrison was going to be a better WR then Keyshawn they would have called you a fool.

Back in 2005 it seemed like 75% of Skins fans out there wanted us o draft Mike Williams... (Too bad we weren't talking Shawne Merriman or Demarcus Ware). I hope this year we aren't seduced by the sexy WR at the top of the draft and trade up to pick CJ... Although if he somehow lasts to 6 we HAVE to take him!
Good post. Where is Taylor Jacobs when you need him???
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-20-2007, 01:09 AM   #47
Special Teams
 
Smurf85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 123
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

This isn't going to happen,but i want CJ bad.
Smurf85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:14 AM   #48
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

Bunch of well thought out posts on this thread so far. This is why I come here.

But even if we were to add Calvin Johnson to the roster, his biggest asset would be blocking for portis on outside runs. After all, BOTH Cooley and Moss are more dangerous than Johnson with the ball in their hands. Moss is lightning quick and Cooley runs with a bunch of power and balance.

What do we know about CJ after the catch? Not very much, that's what.

I would much rather see the ball in the hands of Moss and Cooley, and being run by Portis and Betts than going downfield with a 28% of completion to Calvin Johnson.

Because damn if it's unsucccessful and we have to punt...we are never going to catch the other team in score with our defense.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:31 AM   #49
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreene28 View Post
It seems like every year there's a WR/TE whose workout makes everybody freak out like this...

2007 - Calvin Johnson
2006 - Vernon Davis
2005 - Braylon Edwards
2004 - Larry Fitzgerald / Kellen Winslow Jr
2003 - Charles Rogers / Andre Johnson

And for every Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson or Roy Williams there are plenty players like Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Bryant Johnson, Ashlie Lelie, David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner, Peter Warrick, David Boston, Michael Westbrook or Desmond Howard who are high 1st round picks that have been busts or have had disappointing careers.

If you could go back to 1996 and have the Jets # 1 overall pick.. would you choose Keyshawn Johnson? Or would you rather have Simeon Rice at 3 Ogden at 4 or a better WR Marvin Harrison at 19... How about Ray Lewis at 26. If you went back in time and told the Jets that Harrison was going to be a better WR then Keyshawn they would have called you a fool.

Back in 2005 it seemed like 75% of Skins fans out there wanted us o draft Mike Williams... (Too bad we weren't talking Shawne Merriman or Demarcus Ware). I hope this year we aren't seduced by the sexy WR at the top of the draft and trade up to pick CJ... Although if he somehow lasts to 6 we HAVE to take him!
Some good points. In terms of busts it seem WRs are much more suscptible than others. On top of that even good WRs almost always take time to settle in. Very few come in and even make more than an average impact.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:15 AM   #50
Special Teams
 
Crat92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nashville,TN
Age: 40
Posts: 474
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

GET THIS GUY HE IS A CAN'T MISS PRODUCT! If he falls to the 6th pick(doubt it!). We could trade some of the other 6 WRs.
__________________
BEWARE THE MIDDLE............LaRON LANDRY IS LURKING!
Crat92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:33 AM   #51
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
What do we know about CJ after the catch? Not very much, that's what.
Any VA Tech fans want to comment on Calvin Johnson's ability after the catch? I seem to remember him making some memorable plays against the good ol' Hokies when the met GA Tech last season . . . and that was with Reggie (are you kidding me?) Ball at QB. Still think DLine is the way to go, but man I really can't see why anyone is calling Johnson 'overhyped'. He put up great numbers in college, that is he has done it on the football field, and his workout numbers are out of this world (4.35 40, 43 in vert., 11' 7" broad jump) those numbers equal tremendous explosion . . . this is no Mike Williams folks lets be clear on that.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:13 AM   #52
Camp Scrub
 
CooleyFan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

CJ is a sweet player, and any team that lands him is going to immediately improve. I would love the skins to draft him, but we cant in our current situation. The only thing Im hoping for is that another NFC East team doesnt make the move to land him themselves...
CooleyFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #53
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,224
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

Quote:
Where is Taylor Jacobs when you need him???
TJ dropped to the 2nd round in the draft because of his workout. Not sure what you're getting at.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #54
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
Any VA Tech fans want to comment on Calvin Johnson's ability after the catch? I seem to remember him making some memorable plays against the good ol' Hokies when the met GA Tech last season . . . and that was with Reggie (are you kidding me?) Ball at QB. Still think DLine is the way to go, but man I really can't see why anyone is calling Johnson 'overhyped'. He put up great numbers in college, that is he has done it on the football field, and his workout numbers are out of this world (4.35 40, 43 in vert., 11' 7" broad jump) those numbers equal tremendous explosion . . . this is no Mike Williams folks lets be clear on that.
btw, that was a VERY smooth 4.35, not one of those deals where a guy over runs and ends up falling at the end because he was leaning so far forward.

the thing would be, if you've got moss, CJ, an cooley (with portis), who's the #2 cover? 6'4" CJ with size and speed? portis would have soo much more room to run, and CJ would give you great blocking and have a chance to be as good as he could be (since there would be enough other players to keep defenses from double teaming).

DL is obviously a bigger need, but CJ would make any of the 32 NFL teams better offensively, and he'd probably put up good numbers his first year.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #55
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,711
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

That guy is a beast. Maybe this is just more postering, sorta like how we were in love with J. Russell. This guy will be long gone before #6 so don't expect him to be a Skin. Still want to see a draft day trade were we can get one or two first day picks.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #56
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% PURE WHOOP ASS View Post
Finally a reasonable man! portis would have a probowl year, because JC would have his choice of weapons......cooley, moss, johnson, randle el, and portis, hell, we can pick up some decent FA to fill the DL,
Of course, the other question (apart from need) is what exactly the Redskins could possibly give up to move up from #6 to #2 (which is a huge jump). Lets not forget (as I know no one has) that the Skins don't have any other first day picks. So we have what? The #6 pick, a first rounder next year, an aging Shawn Springs . . . maybe throw in an autographed Joe Gibbs football, one of the three Vince Lombardi trophies on display at the Park (who needs three, come on, thats just decadent and the Lions haven't won a championship since 1956), a Sonny Jurgensen throw-back jersey, plus Redskins One and maybe we've got a deal . . .
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #57
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

yeah, well, i really don't think we're moving up and i don't think it'd be a good idea anyways. if he falls though i'd at least consider him, but i know our DL is in a bad way right now.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #58
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 26
Posts: 1,066
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

I don't know about you guys but it seems like the stupidity of trading up to get C.J. is more like a Steve Spurrier move rather than a Joe Gibbs move if you ask me.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #59
Special Teams
 
JankySpanky80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 267
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

its looking more and more like if C.J. is still on the board at #2 the skins will make a trade with Detroit. Detroit doesn't need a WR (nor do the Skins) and a 1st rounder this year and a 1st rounder next year plus a couple of players. C.J. will be a star in this league for years to come. The guy is naturally talented. If the Skins do find a way to get him i willing to bet he would push Moss to No. 2 right away.
__________________
JANK-e SPANK-e
JankySpanky80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #60
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,376
Re: RUMOR: Skins looking to trade up for C.J.

Make NO mistake about it, I want to buy the VIPER.......................BAD. However, the SUV will far better serve our needs, and lead to better results
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28855 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25