Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

The play of our front seven last year mandates we make a serious effort to address that area, so drafting for immediate need would IMO be the appropriate way to go. We need to build to defend in the NFC east against teams that love to run the ball. None of us want to witness another season where our defende was gashed up front in the running game like last year. The Giant game is still fresh in my mind when Eli Manning converted nine consecutive 3rd downs. We MUST get better against the run,and be able to establish enough of a pass-rush to get teams off the field on 3rd down. Therefore, improving the D-Line is an absolute must.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-25-2007, 04:53 PM   #17
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

Good post. I am also a fan of trading out of the 6th spot for more selections. That would ultimately assist our D-line the most. We sack threatening D-lineman on the double.
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:58 PM   #18
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I don't think Okoye would last to twelve, but if Adrian Peterson does fall all the way to us, I could see the Bills being interested.

I'm not sure who we would get at 12 if Okoye was gone. Branch, maybe? Gaines Adams?

Good post though, looks like you've done some solid research.
carriker.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:01 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

in the fifth, i'd take a shot with courtney brown (6'2" 41.5" vert 4.35 CB). fairly production corner from cal poly... might be worth a look.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:25 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
riggoraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.C. area
Posts: 179
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
The play of our front seven last year mandates we make a serious effort to address that area, so drafting for immediate need would IMO be the appropriate way to go. We need to build to defend in the NFC east against teams that love to run the ball. None of us want to witness another season where our defende was gashed up front in the running game like last year. The Giant game is still fresh in my mind when Eli Manning converted nine consecutive 3rd downs. We MUST get better against the run,and be able to establish enough of a pass-rush to get teams off the field on 3rd down. Therefore, improving the D-Line is an absolute must.
I really do not think that this going to happen, we may get one defensive lineman and that will probably it for this season even if we do trade down. We have to realize that we have 2 probable starters on the line already next season in Carter and Golston. Big Joe is not going anywhere so he will be in the rotation and so will Daniels and Griff, Montgomery and, probably Sykes. We can only have but so many defensive lineman so we will probably get ONE more. I think that all of this defensive line talk is a trickle down effect started by our fans. One fan started it, it sounded good and then everybody else just joined in and now we have Mock drafts on every Redskin message board with the Redskins taking 3-4 defensive lineman but we are not going to do that because we simply do not have the room.

I can almost assure you that after we draft that one defensive lineman that the Redskins are going to start to work on getting a player or 2 in D.C. to help us score in the red-zone.
riggoraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #21
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,362
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
great post, is there any background reason for the Bills prediction?
I could see the bills moving up because they have so many holes in their team. for the most part I've seen Amobi going to STL and so trading down with a team like the Bills would possibly still leave us in position to draft him. I would be honestly satisfied if we took either branch or okoye. I kinda like the idea of Branch moving down cause we can move down get some picks and still get him.


Thatguy with that size and speed on Courtney Brown I'd go after him as well. I haven't heard too much about him... why isn't he being talked about, what are his flaws?
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:43 PM   #22
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,362
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggoraider View Post
I think that all of this defensive line talk is a trickle down effect started by our fans. One fan started it, it sounded good and then everybody else just joined in and now we have Mock drafts on every Redskin message board with the Redskins taking 3-4 defensive lineman but we are not going to do that because we simply do not have the room.

I can almost assure you that after we draft that one defensive lineman that the Redskins are going to start to work on getting a player or 2 in D.C. to help us score in the red-zone.

I have to disagree, it's not that we don't have scoring options... We have multiple scoring options.... regaurdless of what he did last year brandon lloyd was the #1 reciever for SF when he was there.

Gibbs has said multiple times the skins are to "run the football and stop the run". I could see Branch comming here because if they made the transition of putting Golston in the starting lineup Branch would be the ideal space eater to replace Griffin eventually and match up with Golston. but the pressure that okoye could bring to the qb would help the line as well... It starts up front we have to stop the run and bring pressure from the front four~ we haven't done that for a long time...

The offense will be alot better this year; however with that better play opposing teams will be that much more aggressive offensively to try to keep up with our Offense so that is why it is important make shore the defense is top notch
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #23
Special Teams
 
riggoraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.C. area
Posts: 179
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I have to disagree, it's not that we don't have scoring options... We have multiple scoring options.... regaurdless of what he did last year brandon lloyd was the #1 reciever for SF when he was there.

Gibbs has said multiple times the skins are to "run the football and stop the run". I could see Branch comming here because if they made the transition of putting Golston in the starting lineup Branch would be the ideal space eater to replace Griffin eventually and match up with Golston. but the pressure that okoye could bring to the qb would help the line as well... It starts up front we have to stop the run and bring pressure from the front four~ we haven't done that for a long time...

The offense will be alot better this year; however with that better play opposing teams will be that much more aggressive offensively to try to keep up with our Offense so that is why it is important make shore the defense is top notch
I am not opposed to getting Okoye, in fact, I would love to see him in burgandy and gold but it is all this other dreaming that I am reading about that is not going to happen because we do not have the wherewithal to pull those type of miracles off.

The F.O. has addressed the linebacker, corner and safety positions this offseason to where, if Springs is coming back, that they are probably not going to do anything else with those three positions. After drafting one lineman we will be, probably, be looking at our defense for next season. I just hope that we stay healthy this season, if so we are not going to have a bad defense.

I agree, that we are a run the football team, we were like #4 in the league last season on the ground but we were like 20th in scoring so we are going to have to do something about getting the ball in the end zone and I think that that will be worked on with a middle round pick, if we can get one higher than 5. If not we will probably use our 5th round pick for improvement because after last season I do not know how much confidence Gibbs and Saunders has in Lloyd .
riggoraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:58 AM   #24
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I could see the bills moving up because they have so many holes in their team. for the most part I've seen Amobi going to STL and so trading down with a team like the Bills would possibly still leave us in position to draft him. I would be honestly satisfied if we took either branch or okoye. I kinda like the idea of Branch moving down cause we can move down get some picks and still get him.


Thatguy with that size and speed on Courtney Brown I'd go after him as well. I haven't heard too much about him... why isn't he being talked about, what are his flaws?
probably that he's just not that great, but he'd be competing with ade jimoh, so it's not like he has to be a world beater to help right away. and he could be pretty good on teams as well. the whole hope is that insanely overpaid and overqualified coaching staff can figure out how to turn him into a useable starter. if it doesn't happen, a teams/4th corner for a #5 wouldn't be a terrible use of the pick.

some else mentioned two starters on the DL being set with carter and golston? do you mean griff and no one else? carter is very one dimensional, and golston is no better than a #3 until he proves otherwise. If we got a DT and a DE in the first two rounds, that would be a GREAT draft, cause we really need at least one of each right now.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 AM   #25
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
carriker.
Yeah, him.




Ok, I'm better now.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #26
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,362
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

riggo that is why I hope Campbell progresses this year if he can utilize ALL of our weapons on Offense we'd be hard to stop
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:41 PM   #27
Camp Scrub
 
Douglil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

I represent Prince Prempeh - Here is some information from the Prince's Pro Days. Hope your draft wishes come true.

Doug Lilly


Prince Prempeh
Marist College
Agent Douglas Lilly
D.O.B. 8/8/85
COLLEGE POSITION: WR/ PRO POSITION WR
JERSEY #39(Junior/Senior Years); #85(Freshman/Sophomore Years)
__________________________________________________ ______


Best Testing Numbers @ Army, Albany & Private Workouts
Height: 6'3@, Weight: 198 lbs., Arm 32, Hand 9
Broad Jump 104, Vertical Jump 35.5
10 Yd. 1.59 20 Yd. 2.72 40 Yd. 4.50
3 Cone 7.20

Team Attending Workouts
Eagles, Giants, Vikings, Packers, Colts, Bears, 49ers,

Prince also participated in the East Coast Bowl.
The following teams attended the East Coast Bowl:
Cardinals, Redskins, Jets, Colts, Ravens, Browns, Falcons, Panthers, Saints, 49ers, Texans
Douglil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #28
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,893
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

Wow, an actual agent on our site. That's kinda cool

Welcome to the board!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #29
Camp Scrub
 
davelavarra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vicenza, Italy
Age: 38
Posts: 52
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

Where did you get the information about the Bills involved in our pick?
It would be an interesting scenario, we need some extra picks in later rounds and we can trade down and still find something for our needs.
If we go to n. 12 overall Alan Branch and Jamaal Anderson might be there, so Adam Carriker. I don't think that Adams and Okoye will be around.
At this point, I hope they trade down for real.
__________________
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS FOREVER!!
davelavarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:31 PM   #30
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,362
Re: Diehardskin2982 presents "My Skins Draft Strategy"

I wrote this a while ago and the buzz on Okoye has made him a top 6 pick so ur right in thinking that he won't be there at 12.

I figured the buffalo trade because they need a running back bad. Also there may be an option for a trade with Greenbay if Peterson fallls... but right now I have no idea what are we gonna do
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30494 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25