Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2007, 07:11 PM   #31
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
if portis went down again this year and we did this trade we'd have to rely on rock and nemo to carry the load...yikes

No, if Portis goes down the FO will do another one of their TJ Duckett deals and next year's draft we'll be like we are now, trying to figure out how we're going to get those draft picks back. We need another WR like we need a hole in our heads.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-31-2007, 07:16 PM   #32
Special Teams
 
JankySpanky80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 267
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

CJ is amazing but i don't see us getting him. Whoever gets him will get a boost right away regardless of the WR's they have on their roster.
__________________
JANK-e SPANK-e
JankySpanky80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:57 PM   #33
Special Teams
 
SkinsFanSince91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 368
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I don't love the trade but I would do this before the Briggs trade.
Most definitely!!!

That being said this trade will more than likely be one that does happen on draft day. However, the fact remains that we still dont have any other first day picks than the 6th overall. This trade would potentially give us CJ and a 3rd rounder.

Cant beat that with a bat!!

We'd be hearing "Campbell to Johnson. Touchdown!!!" for years to come!!
__________________
Without Struggle, there is no progress!

Jason Campbell is our guy! Lets RIde!!!

HAIL TO THE SKINS!!!
SkinsFanSince91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:02 PM   #34
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

if we did this trade, and got the 3rd, it wouldn't surprise me if we took a running back to replace betts with that 3rd rounder...everyone wants to trade down so badly but it doesn't mean we will address the defensive line
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:46 PM   #35
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFanSince91 View Post
We'd be hearing "Campbell to Johnson. Touchdown!!!" for years to come!!
Because hearing "Campbell to Moss" just doesn't turn you on anymore? Novelty value gone?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:52 PM   #36
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

campbell to robert johnson i think he meant
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:52 PM   #37
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,316
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if Joe Gibbs trades Ladell Betts. I mean like drop-jaw shocked. I don't care how enamored he is with Calvin Johnson, I can't see him doing that. He loves Betts way too much.

I don't see this one happening.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:35 PM   #38
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,518
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
First of all we need him, so how could that possibly be the perfect time to trade him?

What do you have a magic ball....his value will "NEVER" be higher? That makes no sense.
first off, his numbers from last season were terrific. he signed a 5 year contract, at a low number. this makes him very appealing to alot of front office people. at the most, his numbers could only rise a small amount this season. people look at betts as a stud right now. he has no where to go but down. if that makes no sense, then explain to me, when getting about 8-10 carries a game, his value will grow?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:44 PM   #39
Special Teams
 
JankySpanky80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 267
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

Betts isn't going anywhere and niether is Portis. Gibbs has already stated that you have to have 2 good RB's in the NFL anymore. Don't believe all the Hype that you hear and wait to see on draft day.
__________________
JANK-e SPANK-e
JankySpanky80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:54 PM   #40
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
first off, his numbers from last season were terrific. he signed a 5 year contract, at a low number. this makes him very appealing to alot of front office people. at the most, his numbers could only rise a small amount this season. people look at betts as a stud right now. he has no where to go but down. if that makes no sense, then explain to me, when getting about 8-10 carries a game, his value will grow?
I know we only gave him 5 mil in guarenteed money, but if we traded him, we'd have to eat all of it.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:13 AM   #41
Special Teams
 
Crat92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nashville,TN
Age: 40
Posts: 474
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

Hell yeah trade the FUMBLER! JC to CJ, now that has a nice ring to it!
__________________
BEWARE THE MIDDLE............LaRON LANDRY IS LURKING!
Crat92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:18 AM   #42
Special Teams
 
TenandSix:Unacceptable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 323
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

The most interesting side to this trade would be the effect on the players drafted in the top six. It all would come down to what happens at 1 and 2, but if we take CJ at three then the Bucs probably won't take a QB nor would Arizona. Cleveland could potentially add a low salary, high quality RB in Betts, and take Quinn or Russel at 6 while paying less for taking them later. We would end up with the best player in the draft. That trade looks like it could be potentially great for both teams. Although I imagine we might have to sweeten the pot a bit.

And trust me, with CJ our passing game would be so solid for years to come that it wouldn't matter as much if what our RB stuation was. Back up running backs are easy to come by. We might not find one as good as Betts this year, but who cares? You can't have everything. CJ helps our offense out year after year if healthy. On top of that he would REALLY benifit JC who is the future of our franchise. Sounds too good to be true.

True elite WR's, like QB's and CB's, are very hard to come by and give your team an edge. I think the skins have been guilty of overvaluing RB and LB for a long time. The real priority ranking in football is QB, LT, WR/CB, then OL/DL. The addition of CJ would have us looking very good in all those areas, except DL. Next year we could be in postion to go after d-linemen and make a serious run at the SB. This is the perfect time to help Campbell as well. This will most likely be the most crucial year in his development. I not only love this trade but it could potentially save the franchise.
TenandSix:Unacceptable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:26 AM   #43
Special Teams
 
Crat92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nashville,TN
Age: 40
Posts: 474
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenandSix:Unacceptable View Post
The most interesting side to this trade would be the effect on the players drafted in the top six. It all would come down to what happens at 1 and 2, but if we take CJ at three then the Bucs probably won't take a QB nor would Arizona. Cleveland could potentially add a low salary, high quality RB in Betts, and take Quinn or Russel at 6 while paying less for taking them later. We would end up with the best player in the draft. That trade looks like it could be potentially great for both teams. Although I imagine we might have to sweeten the pot a bit.

And trust me, with CJ our passing game would be so solid for years to come that it wouldn't matter as much if what our RB stuation was. Back up running backs are easy to come by. We might not find one as good as Betts this year, but who cares? You can't have everything. CJ helps our offense out year after year if healthy. On top of that he would REALLY benifit JC who is the future of our franchise. Sounds too good to be true.

True elite WR's, like QB's and CB's, are very hard to come by and give your team an edge. I think the skins have been guilty of overvaluing RB and LB for a long time. The real priority ranking in football is QB, LT, WR/CB, then OL/DL. The addition of CJ would have us looking very good in all those areas, except DL. Next year we could be in postion to go after d-linemen and make a serious run at the SB. This is the perfect time to help Campbell as well. This will most likely be the most crucial year in his development. I not only love this trade but it could potentially save the franchise.
Well said.
__________________
BEWARE THE MIDDLE............LaRON LANDRY IS LURKING!
Crat92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #44
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,789
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

I would love to have CJ, but at that cost...not sure. I dont think we can afford to give up betts with the history of Portis so far. I dont think he has ever played a full season. Betts and Portis forming a pretty good tandem outweighs the option of not having betts. who is going to back up Portis? I would love to have CJ, they need to think of another deal.
if this is done, we then have to find a backup RB and we address nothing on D at all.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #45
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,030
Re: Thoughts on Potential Draft Trade With Cleveland!!!

wow the redskins realy know how to back stab a player. I cant believe they made Leddel Betts sign for millions less and now they want to trade him. Great message to send the players. Wait till Cooley is asked to take less, to be a Redskin.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28014 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25