Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,341
Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

Does anyone know about this guy from Fla? He is a DE. I don't know his name but he is going to be drafted in the 1st round. Everytime I turned on a Fla. game this guy was all over the field. He just KILLED Ohio State in the national champ. game. Plus I think he is a high character guy. Is this guy on our radar?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

Jarvis Moss
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

I don't think he is on our radar.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

SI.com - Writers - Don Banks' Mock Draft: 21-32 - Thursday April 12, 2007 4:53PM

This thread belongs in the Draft Forum.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,341
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Jarvis Moss
Thank u. Dude reminds me of Charles Haley. I don' think he is a big combine workout guy but he can really get after the QB.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,436
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

draft talk belongs in the draft forum

thanks
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Does anyone know about this guy from Fla? He is a DE. I don't know his name but he is going to be drafted in the 1st round. Everytime I turned on a Fla. game this guy was all over the field. He just KILLED Ohio State in the national champ. game. Plus I think he is a high character guy. Is this guy on our radar?
Ahhh, my specialty, the Florida Gators. The DE you're referring to is #94, Jarvis Moss. At 6-6 1/2, 260 he's a beast. Very fast. He was a consensus all-american and 5-star prospect coming out of high school in Texas. He was actually the anchor on his high school's 4 X 100 relay team in track. He is light as far as D-ends go, and I have heard that some teams who run a 3-4 (especially Pittsburgh) are interested in him to use as an OLB. He's not a run stuffer, and as far as the Redskins are concerned he is too much like Andre Carter. I don't think we'll draft him (unless we are able to trade down, and even then I doubt it). But I do think he'll be a good NFL player.
I don't know about high character. He's not a bad guy, but he likes the reefer (got suspended one game this past season for failing a drug test).

Another Gator we could pick up if we some how end up with a 2nd round pick is DT Ray McDonald. He's a beast, and if he hadn't had a torn MCL his junior year he'd probably be a 1st rounder. But now he has that whole "injury prone" label.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 28
Posts: 1,954
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

i'd rather us trade down for a later pick and a 2nd, so we can draft moss.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:42 PM   #9
Camp Scrub
 
89moss89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PENNSYLVANIA
Age: 46
Posts: 29
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

According to Tim Ryan on sirus NFL radio he is not a high character guy.
89moss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,341
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Ahhh, my specialty, the Florida Gators. The DE you're referring to is #94, Jarvis Moss. At 6-6 1/2, 260 he's a beast. Very fast. He was a consensus all-american and 5-star prospect coming out of high school in Texas. He was actually the anchor on his high school's 4 X 100 relay team in track. He is light as far as D-ends go, and I have heard that some teams who run a 3-4 (especially Pittsburgh) are interested in him to use as an OLB. He's not a run stuffer, and as far as the Redskins are concerned he is too much like Andre Carter. I don't think we'll draft him (unless we are able to trade down, and even then I doubt it). But I do think he'll be a good NFL player.
I don't know about high character. He's not a bad guy, but he likes the reefer (got suspended one game this past season for failing a drug test).

Another Gator we could pick up if we some how end up with a 2nd round pick is DT Ray McDonald. He's a beast, and if he hadn't had a torn MCL his junior year he'd probably be a 1st rounder. But now he has that whole "injury prone" label.
I got him mixed up w/ the safety.. I thought it was Moss who lost his mother but as it turns out it was another player who played in the secondary.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #11
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I got him mixed up w/ the safety.. I thought it was Moss who lost his mother but as it turns out it was another player who played in the secondary.
The player who lost his mother was 1st team All-American safety Reggie Nelson. She passed away just a few weeks before the national championship. He is an EXTREMELY high character guy.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:10 PM   #12
Camp Scrub
 
SkinsFan6388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 40
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

I wouldnt mind taking Jarvis Moss, but only in a trade down situation
SkinsFan6388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan6388 View Post
I wouldnt mind taking Jarvis Moss, but only in a trade down situation

Moss will be lucky to break the TOP twenty. Very Unlikely, don't think we are interested.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #14
Impact Rookie
 
Campbell17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Age: 20
Posts: 642
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

DE is one hole that the Redskins have to fill in. We have a very respectable pass defense, which encourages opponents to run the foot ball. When is he projected to go? If he is much lower than us, I would love to trade Randle El and maybe someone else for another first round pick.
Campbell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #15
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,899
Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Does anyone know about this guy from Fla? He is a DE. I don't know his name but he is going to be drafted in the 1st round. Everytime I turned on a Fla. game this guy was all over the field. He just KILLED Ohio State in the national champ. game. Plus I think he is a high character guy. Is this guy on our radar?

kind of a tweener de/olb too maybe a better fit in a 3-4 though
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26155 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25