Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #61
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,906
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins! View Post
If we pick Landry it will immediately free Taylor up to play up in the box (like having an extra LB). That will give teams trouble scheming for the defense. That is exactly the kind of thing that Greg Williams loves. We addressed and drafted DL last year. I don't doubt that Williams wants Landry.

We will know in about a week.

yes we will 8 days we will hear: "With the 6th pick in the 2007 NFL draft the Washington Redskins select LaRon Landry Safety, LSU
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #62
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Any great secondary can be destroyed by a good QB with no Pass rush on him. Landry would be awesome for our team but there are a few concerns I have if we were to pick him vs.our need (DL).

1. ST regressed this year and from all accounts I've heard and Williams defensive scheme for safeties is very complex. So do you neccesrily want a player who regressed and a rookie in the backfield calling coverages?

2. Who will play SS? FS?

3. Which position if filled with talent and youth would have a greater effect on the team as a hole, Seriously how long do u think of our dline could last with the age and history of injuries that it has on it?
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:48 AM   #63
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,906
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
Any great secondary can be destroyed by a good QB with no Pass rush on him. Landry would be awesome for our team but there are a few concerns I have if we were to pick him vs.our need (DL).

1. ST regressed this year and from all accounts I've heard and Williams defensive scheme for safeties is very complex. So do you neccesrily want a player who regressed and a rookie in the backfield calling coverages?

2. Who will play SS? FS?

3. Which position if filled with talent and youth would have a greater effect on the team as a hole, Seriously how long do u think of our dline could last with the age and history of inuries that it has on it?

To answer you're questions in order

1. yes i do taylor regressed mainly and he said this himself " I really need help in the defensive backfield no pierson, no ryan, no sean" landry perfect player to ply opposite taylor

2. They will switch off but Landry will play Free Safety most often for 2 reasons one: he is faster than taylor 2. taylor would be a better player in the box although they both would be great

3. safety cause once again youy can find a gem in the later rounds or if we would just sign ian scott already but i would prefer the safety our players will be healthy by opening day and i think that the d line will be back to the 2005 form at the end
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:53 AM   #64
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 17,463
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

What did you think of Ian Scott's play last year or in 2005 EARTHQUAKE?
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #65
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,612
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Something is up with Ian Scott. The Bengals have canceled his visit. I think I heard the Falcons were going to as well. The Bears have said they will not bring him back unlesss he signs for the minimum. It's all very strange
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #66
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,906
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
What did you think of Ian Scott's play last year or in 2005 EARTHQUAKE?
ian scott's play last year was pretty good seeing as he played sparingly i am saying we should sign him cause he would be good depth and i dont understand why we havent tried to sign a defensive lineman yet
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #67
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,906
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Something is up with Ian Scott. The Bengals have canceled his visit. I think I heard the Falcons were going to as well. The Bears have said they will not bring him back unlesss he signs for the minimum. It's all very strange

i am starting to feel that but the bengals signed his visit cause they signed michael myers and the falcons are reportedly more interested in amobi okoye than scott that's why they cancelled butifhe came for a minimum value wouldnt you want him
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #68
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Something is up with Ian Scott. The Bengals have canceled his visit. I think I heard the Falcons were going to as well. The Bears have said they will not bring him back unlesss he signs for the minimum. It's all very strange
Yeah, I figured there was a good reason why he wasn't swallowed up by somebody at this point.

Still, he's got to be better than Joe Salave'a.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #69
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Although I have been an Okoye backer from way back, I would be more than fine with Landry. As has been pointed out, top safeties have been a pretty safe pick the last few years. Teaming Landry with Taylor would create also sorts of options for the coaching staff. While Landry is faster, Taylor is no slouch and I am fine with him in coverage and that would create a real guessing game for opposing offenses.

(The times ST blew coverages, it looked to me be a mental mistake that may have occurred b/c he was trying to do too much; I rarely saw him "beat" from a purely physical point of view. Perhaps with someone he trusts on the other side, ST would not need to think so much and just play.)

While a safety generally is not going to make up for lack of pressure, perhaps with two elite safeties, their can be greater use of the safety as an extra player at one level of the field (as an extra pass rusher, lb, or cb given the skill sets involved). Last year Baltimore used Adalius Thomas all over the field, I think ST is a more gifted athelete than Thomas and could be used in a similar manner AS LONG AS there is a good safety who has the final line of defense covered. Landry seems to be that kind of safety.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #70
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
While I definitely see your point that they're another year older and another year slower, reason just refuses to let me believe their play would decline THAT part in just one season. Unless there is a significant injury, I just feel like it's more of a gradual decline and not a total drop off. Again, let me reiterate by saying that Okoye is still my top choice. I just think with our middle held down by Fletcher this year, our run defense (even if we're stuck with the same guys in the middle) will be much improved.
Well, I can only tell you what Charles Mann said on a Redskin postgame show last year. He said he got old in as short a time span as the flight from Washington to San Fransisco when he left to play for the 49ers in 1994. He said it can happen that quick.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:23 PM   #71
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

According to Mel Kiper, Landry's only glitch is pass coverage. Would that be enough to dissuade the love for Landry knowing we just got rid of a safety like that?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #72
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,906
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
According to Mel Kiper, Landry's only glitch is pass coverage. Would that be enough to dissuade the love for Landry knowing we just got rid of a safety like that?

mel kiper is a dumbass for saying that he must have not seen the landry i was watching
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #73
Camp Scrub
 
sbaughone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 72
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

roy williams sucks. let's keep him out of any comparisons.
sbaughone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #74
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,906
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaughone View Post
roy williams sucks. let's keep him out of any comparisons.

landry and taylor doesnt it sound great
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #75
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,639
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
According to Mel Kiper, Landry's only glitch is pass coverage. Would that be enough to dissuade the love for Landry knowing we just got rid of a safety like that?
I'd find it hard to believe he could be as bad as AA.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29756 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25