Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #76
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'd find it hard to believe he could be as bad as AA.

hes not even close
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #77
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins009 View Post
Having a good front seven is more beneficial than having a good back seven. This is evident by examining the best defense's from last year.

1.Baltimore 2.Jacksonville 3.Oakland 4.Miami 5.Chicago 6.New England
Baltimore has talent at every postion
We all know everything on the Jaguars defense stats with the two big DT up front
Oakland, miami, chicago and New england all have BAD secondaries if you ask me. However, they are able to disguise this with excellent dlines. For the love of god pick Omobi!
Oakland's secondary was really really good. Tops in the league maybe.

But they wouldn't have made it to the top ten without Burgess and Sapp playing great football on that DL.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #78
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Oakland's secondary was really really good. Tops in the league maybe.

But they wouldn't have made it to the top ten without Burgess and Sapp playing great football on that DL.

true but i still like landry prob cause i m such a huge lsu fan
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #79
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
true but i still like landry prob cause i m such a huge lsu fan
Well, for your sake, I'm going to agree with you that he's a great safety prospect. Best in a few years.

But you can get a lot of quality safeties later in the draft. The bust rate among day 1 safeties is very low. And when you have Sean Taylor on the other side, the difference between Landry in his prime...and Eric Weddle in his prime (for example) probably isn't going to change your teams record any.

But the difference between Amobi Okoye in his prime and a player of Saleve'a current caliber could be the difference in 2-3 wins in the standings per season.

Landry will be a good to great player at the next level, but if your team already has an investment in the safety position (Sean Taylor), the smart play would be to look elsewhere.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #80
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, for your sake, I'm going to agree with you that he's a great safety prospect. Best in a few years.

But you can get a lot of quality safeties later in the draft. The bust rate among day 1 safeties is very low. And when you have Sean Taylor on the other side, the difference between Landry in his prime...and Eric Weddle in his prime (for example) probably isn't going to change your teams record any.

But the difference between Amobi Okoye in his prime and a player of Saleve'a current caliber could be the difference in 2-3 wins in the standings per season.

Landry will be a good to great player at the next level, but if your team already has an investment in the safety position (Sean Taylor), the smart play would be to look elsewhere.
yeah but i dont care who we get anymore
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #81
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

You know, another thing we might thinking is let's draft Laron Landry this year and then next off-season we sign free-agent DT Tommie Harris (who just happens to be a Rosenhaus client)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:08 PM   #82
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You know, another thing we might thinking is let's draft Laron Landry this year and then next off-season we sign free-agent DT Tommie Harris (who just happens to be a Rosenhaus client)

that would be great
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #83
Special Teams
 
TenandSix:Unacceptable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 323
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You know, another thing we might thinking is let's draft Laron Landry this year and then next off-season we sign free-agent DT Tommie Harris (who just happens to be a Rosenhaus client)
That is the kind of patient and savvy thinking I am looking for. There are a million and one ways to solidify the DL without losing LL in the process. Hell yes!
TenandSix:Unacceptable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #84
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenandSix:Unacceptable View Post
That is the kind of patient and savvy thinking I am looking for. There are a million and one ways to solidify the DL without losing LL in the process. Hell yes!

draft laron landry lets just do it
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #85
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

if we draft Landry who is your choice to adress the gaurd postition and dt position?
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #86
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,062
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
if we draft Landry who is your choice to adress the gaurd postition and dt position?

i told u stone cold steve austin and the great khali
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 PM   #87
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Roy Williams cannot cover and doesn't hit like Taylor, so I hope to God that Landry is better than Roy Williams.

Saying that Landry is the next Ed Reed is a pretty bold statement since Reed is a guaranteed Hall of Famer. If you know who the next Hall of fame players are why aren't you working for ESPN or Danny?

This team does not need a safety. Isn't Landry basically in the mold of Taylor? Taylor had great cover skills in college. Having no defensive line has made him look like he can't cover a cold. What good is it to draft an inferior Sean Taylor when we have the real thing?
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:47 AM   #88
Impact Rookie
 
memphisskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 42
Posts: 960
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim21Reaper View Post
Roy Williams cannot cover and doesn't hit like Taylor, so I hope to God that Landry is better than Roy Williams.

Saying that Landry is the next Ed Reed is a pretty bold statement since Reed is a guaranteed Hall of Famer. If you know who the next Hall of fame players are why aren't you working for ESPN or Danny?

This team does not need a safety. Isn't Landry basically in the mold of Taylor? Taylor had great cover skills in college. Having no defensive line has made him look like he can't cover a cold. What good is it to draft an inferior Sean Taylor when we have the real thing?
I agree with just about everything outside of Roy Williams' hitting ability, the guy can thump with the best of them. Three years ago I thought he killed Coles, I think that was when LC decided he didn't want to be a Skin anymore. It wasn't the short patterns, it was the short patterns in front of Roy Williams. ST produces the same fear factor, I'll take ST because once upon a time Taylor could actually cover.

As for LL, we draft him and maybe teams don't go deep with the success they did last year. But we still can't stop the run or pressure the passer, and if you give NFL qbs time they will find someone open.

It's gonna be interesting, that's for sure.
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:01 AM   #89
Special Teams
 
holcknowsbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 240
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

couple things here,

1-drafting on need gets you a average at best corner in carlos rogers when you could have had a shawne merriman. drafting on talent gives you a jason campbell, remember we were "set" at qb with brunell and ramsey. you should never draft on need, you draft on talent.

2-mel kiper is an idiot if he thinks landrys pass coverage is a weakness, this guy has played every postion in the secondary and at a high level in the effing sec. the recievers are not exactly bad in the sec.

3-someone mentioned all the top defense had great front sevens and not great back sevens. well first off that is a lie because if you think that new englands back seven is not better then thier front seven, you dont watch football. baltimore has one of the best secondaries in the league, and remember back seven includes roughly half of the front seven. oaklands defensive line looks much like ours does. i would say the only defenses on there that your argument may hold true is chicago and miami but i think at best your evidence suggests that it is a stalemate btw front sevens and back sevens.

4- based on what will be available at 6, we should take either landry or okoye, in that order. they are saying landry maybe gone at 4 to tampa. but if landry is there he is a cant miss prospect and even for all your haters who want to draft on need, think of this real good and tell me i am not right...........who plays safety next year for us right now! people are saying peirson prelou or PP. are you effing kidding me, when has that guy been a starter in the nfl for one and two this guy blew his knee out last year, so ask edgerian james if he was 100 percent the year after his knee, or lavar for that matter....the other hot thing is moving sean springs to safety right! so you want smoot and rogers at corner....both of whom are number two corners at best in this league. rogers is a busted draft pick anyone taken 9 should be a shut down corner and he never will be. smoot has to reprove his worth. so you want to take our best corner back that we have on the roster and move him to safety???? outragous...sounds like you are thinking like the front office you critic so much. you dont take your best corner and put him at safety you just dont do that.....so that will help you figure out who we should take at number 6.....LARON LANDRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins009 View Post
Having a good front seven is more beneficial than having a good back seven. This is evident by examining the best defense's from last year.

1.Baltimore 2.Jacksonville 3.Oakland 4.Miami 5.Chicago 6.New England
Baltimore has talent at every postion
We all know everything on the Jaguars defense stats with the two big DT up front
Oakland, miami, chicago and New england all have BAD secondaries if you ask me. However, they are able to disguise this with excellent dlines. For the love of god pick Omobi!
__________________
An outstanding dad, brother, son, friend, teamate, and football player. Sean Taylor...could not respect a guy more, thank you
holcknowsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #90
Impact Rookie
 
4mrusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 559
Re: My final argument for Drafting LaRon Landry

This speculation and rumor-mill junk is killing me. Please, could someone speed the draft up. If do not pick-up a top tier D-lineman in the draft, we can only hope for one in free agency. But I fear that we have missed the boat on that.
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29449 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25