Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Adrian Peterson may be the key...

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Adrian Peterson may be the key...

With the draft coming into the final hours it looks like Adrian Peterson falling to number 6 is our best chance to trade down. The question is will Peterson's recent injury scare teams away or is that good that teams will fall gaga over him like Ditka did for Ricky Williams?

SI.com - Writers - Draft deals cooking (cont.) - Wednesday April 25, 2007 4:42PM


"No. 6 Washington is another top 10 team that's willing to move down, and the best thing the Redskins have going for them is that Peterson might still be available when their turn comes. The Bills at No. 12 are one potential trade partner for Washington. Buffalo needs Peterson as a replacement for starter Willis McGahee, who it traded to Buffalo.
The Bills have an extra third-round pick obtained in the McGahee deal, and an extra seventh-round selection that they picked up from Philadelphia in the Kelly Holcomb deal.
If the Falcons, however, don't end up making a deal with Detroit at No. 2 for the right to take Johnson, they too could be tempted to move up to No. 6 to take Peterson. The thinking in Atlanta is that Warrick Dunn would probably be a Falcon just one more season, and then Bobby Petrino's backfield could feature Peterson, with Jerious Norwood used in a Reggie Bush-type role -- either split out or lined up in the slot at times. Atlanta's wish list reads Johnson, Peterson, LSU safety LaRon Landry, Penn State offensive tackle Levi Brown and Arkansas defensive end Jamaal Anderson, in that order.
No. 7 Minnesota and No. 10 Houston are two other potential trading partners for the Redskins if they control Peterson's fate, but sources I talked to said the Vikings may not be convinced that Peterson is a good fit for their West Coast offense from a mental aptitude standpoint and won't move up the board in order to take the OU star."
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2007, 10:57 AM   #2
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,899
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

I give up
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
Special Teams
 
BeastsoftheNFCeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 331
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

I thought that the vikings had a run first offense. I thought west coast was throw first.
BeastsoftheNFCeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
With the draft coming into the final hours it looks like Adrian Peterson falling to number 6 is our best chance to trade down. The question is will Peterson's recent injury scare teams away or is that good that teams will fall gaga over him like Ditka did for Ricky Williams?

SI.com - Writers - Draft deals cooking (cont.) - Wednesday April 25, 2007 4:42PM


"No. 6 Washington is another top 10 team that's willing to move down, and the best thing the Redskins have going for them is that Peterson might still be available when their turn comes. The Bills at No. 12 are one potential trade partner for Washington. Buffalo needs Peterson as a replacement for starter Willis McGahee, who it traded to Buffalo.
The Bills have an extra third-round pick obtained in the McGahee deal, and an extra seventh-round selection that they picked up from Philadelphia in the Kelly Holcomb deal.
If the Falcons, however, don't end up making a deal with Detroit at No. 2 for the right to take Johnson, they too could be tempted to move up to No. 6 to take Peterson. The thinking in Atlanta is that Warrick Dunn would probably be a Falcon just one more season, and then Bobby Petrino's backfield could feature Peterson, with Jerious Norwood used in a Reggie Bush-type role -- either split out or lined up in the slot at times. Atlanta's wish list reads Johnson, Peterson, LSU safety LaRon Landry, Penn State offensive tackle Levi Brown and Arkansas defensive end Jamaal Anderson, in that order.
No. 7 Minnesota and No. 10 Houston are two other potential trading partners for the Redskins if they control Peterson's fate, but sources I talked to said the Vikings may not be convinced that Peterson is a good fit for their West Coast offense from a mental aptitude standpoint and won't move up the board in order to take the OU star."
I think this whole Buffalo thing is just poor speculation. It doesn't make sense that a team would trade up for a RB when they dealt theirs so easily.

I think Buffalo is going to address their RB need in round 2. They will go defense with the 12th pick.

If a QB slides to 6, I could see us making a deal. If not, I think we will just have to use the pick.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:04 AM   #5
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

If there's anything that's a virtual certainty to me, it's that if we trade down to Miami's position (#9) or lower, then we will lose out on the chance for what seems to be the two defensive superstars -- Okoye and Landry.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:05 AM   #6
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I give up

Self imposed ban excluded....
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,418
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

News flash: We have a draft forum, please use it accordingly.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #8
The Starter
 
SC Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,555
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

I wouldn't mind dropping to #8 in return for Atlanta's third (#75 overall). Especially if they were moving up to take Peterson. That would probably mean Minnesota would take Landry and then Okoye would still be there (and the choice between Landry and Okoye would be made). Even if Atlanta wanted to make a move for Landry that would probably still leave the Skins with Okoye at #8 as Minnesota has Kevin and Pat Williams and really needs secondary help (Landry or Hall maybe). As long as Atlanta is not moving for Okoye I would do that deal in a second. A move to #12 could get the Bills both of Buffalo's #3's (74 and 92), but you would probably lose out on most of the top DLinemen at that point. Moving to 10 would get you Houston's #3 (73) and #4 (107). At that point you might lose Okoye to Atlanta or Miami (maybe) if both Quinn (presumably taken by Cleveland if Peterson is still on the board at #6) and Brown (probably taken by Atlanta if they didn't take Okoye, assuming also that Minnesota took Landry at #7).

Complicated, huh, and you know someone will do something unexpected. Anyway, I'd do a deal with at Atlanta for their Third if possible.
__________________
It has taken a long time, but I have finally realized that nothing I say about the Redskins will have any effect upon anything the Redskins do.
SC Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
Impact Rookie
 
hagams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Age: 34
Posts: 886
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

Awsome!!!!!!! Another draft thread.
__________________
We are always superbowl contenders in March!!! HTTR!!!!!!!!
hagams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Skins Fan View Post
I wouldn't mind dropping to #8 in return for Atlanta's third (#75 overall). Especially if they were moving up to take Peterson.
What does Atlanta need with Peterson? They already have the best running game in the league with Dunn, Norwood, and Vick.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:14 AM   #11
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,899
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Self imposed ban excluded....

i meant i give up on hoping no one else will start a draft thread untill after the draft
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,418
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

Dunn isn't getting any younger, and with a new head coach and a new offensive philosophy you never know what direction they might go in.

That said a WR or DB seems to make more sense for them.

(PS my self-imposed draft talk ban still stands. I'm not discussing specific scenarios, just adding my 2 cents about the Falcons here)
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #13
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Adrian Peterson may be the key...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post

(PS my self-imposed draft talk ban still stands. I'm not discussing specific scenarios, just adding my 2 cents about the Falcons here)
Haha you are treading buddy...
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.41937 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25