Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


H.B. Blades

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
H.B. Blades

I live in Florida, so I certainly know about the Blades family. He definitely has the pedigree. We'll see how he works out.

I personally am really annoyed that we haven't even made an effort to acquire D-line help. It's our most pressing need, and we have totally ignored it, both in free agency and the draft. Arghhhh. We better get Kris Jenkins...

Blades' profile:
NFL.com - Prospect Profiles
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: H.B. Blades

I wouldn't count on Jenkins landing in DC
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 27
Posts: 4,439
Re: H.B. Blades

the front office obviously thought that there werent any dline prospects worth picking this late. would u rather have 2 linebackers who can contribute in certain packages and on special teams or dlinement that get cut before the season?
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #4
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: H.B. Blades

I completely agree with you. Our DE position hasn't been addressed since our playoff run in 2005(save for A. Carter), which if you can remember was one of the downfalls of our defense that year. We gave their QB's way too much time to operate in the pocket.

If A. Carter goes down, what is our pass rush solution looking like? Old and Older aren't going to cut it down the stretch. The deficiency has to be address now, preferrably yesterday.
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #5
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,593
Re: H.B. Blades

I completely agree with all people who are upset that we haven't even attempt to address our d-line.. But based on Gibbs's comments, it appears that all coaches are satisfied with our d-line.. They must know something that we don't..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: H.B. Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
the front office obviously thought that there werent any dline prospects worth picking this late. would u rather have 2 linebackers who can contribute in certain packages and on special teams or dlinement that get cut before the season?
I wasn't suggesting we should have drafted a D-lineman in the place of either of these two LBs, I was just taking the opportunity to comment on the fact that we STILL haven't added any D-line help. Landry will be a great one, but it wasn't our area of biggest need, which we have done exactly NOTHING to improve.

Remember how Tiki Barber wiped his ass with our D-line week 17 last season? We let him ride off into the sunset in OUR HOUSE. As of right now we have those exact same guys up front. Adding London Fletcher alone is simply not gonna make our run-stop much more effective than it was last year. And it was AWFUL...
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #7
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 27
Posts: 4,439
Re: H.B. Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I wasn't suggesting we should have drafted a D-lineman in the place of either of these two LBs, I was just taking the opportunity to comment on the fact that we STILL haven't added any D-line help. Landry will be a great one, but it wasn't our area of biggest need, which we have done exactly NOTHING to improve.

Remember how Tiki Barber wiped his ass with our D-line week 17 last season? We let him ride off into the sunset in OUR HOUSE. As of right now we have those exact same guys up front. Adding London Fletcher alone is simply not gonna make our run-stop much more effective than it was last year. And it was AWFUL...
i agree we needed to add some dlinemen, i had hoped we would add a huge DT to clog the middle up. i was at the week 17 game and it was embarassing.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #8
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: H.B. Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
i agree we needed to add some dlinemen, i had hoped we would add a huge DT to clog the middle up. i was at the week 17 game and it was embarassing.
I'm sorry you had to witness that in person. Sheesh that was miserable.

We still could land Kris Jenkins. I hope it happens.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,705
Re: H.B. Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I completely agree with all people who are upset that we haven't even attempt to address our d-line.. But based on Gibbs's comments, it appears that all coaches are satisfied with our d-line.. They must know something that we don't..

d line wasnt healthy last year just waIT SHOULD BE BACK TO 05 FORM
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:01 PM   #10
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: H.B. Blades

What pressure did we have in the '05 season. If you remember correctly the Charger game we were up near the end of the game and we let them come back because of the picnic that Brees was having in the pocket during passing plays. Brees would spread some Dijon, then cut his sandwich in triangle fourths, and then decide between his 5th or 6th checked down reciever.

We needed DE's after the '05 season just like we need it now. A. Carter is a start he's not the end of our DE stablility.
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #11
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: H.B. Blades

They've needed defensive ends since they lost Marco Coleman! Apparently, no matter who the coach is, Washington just doesn't believe in pressure from the front four. I like Andre Carter more than most of the people on this board, but the team still needs another end and I think they need about 2 defensive tackles who can play. Just horrendous...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #12
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,593
Re: H.B. Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
d line wasnt healthy last year just waIT SHOULD BE BACK TO 05 FORM
You made a good point, guess we will find out if they can return to '05 form or not..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #13
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: H.B. Blades

I would have love to have gotten a DE but there were no stud DE in the draft (not even Gaines Adams IMO). We addressed one of our other need in picking LL.

Our secondary will be a lot healthier and faster. Our LBs will be better with Fletcher in the middle and our DL will be healthier. Not to mentions that our rookies got a lot of play time last year so we'll have quality depth in DL.

I think we will be fine.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: H.B. Blades

I know everybody says that the D Line was not healthy last year. However, I don't think Daniels, Griffin, and/or Salave'a are gonna stay healthy this year either. All of them are getting a little long in the tooth and Griffin's had injury problems his whole career. I don't think they're bad players, I just don't think they can stay healthy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #15
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: H.B. Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I live in Florida, so I certainly know about the Blades family. He definitely has the pedigree. We'll see how he works out.

I personally am really annoyed that we haven't even made an effort to acquire D-line help. It's our most pressing need, and we have totally ignored it, both in free agency and the draft. Arghhhh. We better get Kris Jenkins...

Blades' profile:
NFL.com - Prospect Profiles
Well, after the Landry pick, theres not much you can do by way of DL. Best case scenario, you get another Golston.

I really wanted Okoye, but I'll be satisfied with the Landry pick assuming two things:

1) In the 2008 draft, we invest AT LEAST two day one picks into the DL, at least one at DT.
2) If Sean Taylor continues to regress as a coverage safety, we stop making excuses, and cut his ass.

Taylor and Landry could be a very dominant safety duo for many years, but if Sean keeps biting on every semblance of play action he sees, no one will even bother to throw in Landry's direction. We need competant safety play next to Landry and if Taylor can alter his game a bit to bring it, wonderful. If he can't, get someone in there who can.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29895 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25