Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 752
NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

Updated 11/25

NFL Mock Draft Database

The database now lists 84 mocks for 2009 draft.

Of those updated in November (42 Total), here is the position disbursement for the Redskins.

DE: 20 Mocks
DT: 10 Mocks
CB: 6 Mocks
OT: 4 Mocks
LB: 4 Mocks

This was approximately the same as last year, as most mock drafts, like many of us fans, know that defensive line is a weak point, but year in and year out, the Redskins fail to address it via the draft.

The more recent Mocks have the Redskins slotted between 21 and 23.

There is and will not be for sometime any kind of consensus pick for the Redskins. Look for that to begin developing around January.

We will keep the updates coming as we make them. We will also be bringing theWarpath.net some draft coverage and some interviews with some of the draft experts like the guys at Draft Tek, Scott Wright, and maybe the guys from Scout, Chris Stueber. You won't miss out here at theWarpath.net. We will; also likely try and talk with Mel Kiper from ESPN, Jason LaCanfora from the Washington Post, Mark Maske from the Washington Post, and maybe Rich Gosselin from the Dallas Morning Call.
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

I say our 1st pick whether in the 1st or 2nd round should be either a DE, LB or OL which ever position has the best player available when we pick. We need all 3 positions. Khari Campbell and Marcus Washington need to be replaced, we need a stud DE and a young G or T in the OL.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 752
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I say our 1st pick whether in the 1st or 2nd round should be either a DE, LB or OL which ever position has the best player available when we pick. We need all 3 positions. Khari Campbell and Marcus Washington need to be replaced, we need a stud DE and a young G or T in the OL.
Unfortunately, we do not have a 2nd round pick. I believe that went to Miami for Jason Taylor. Worth it eh?
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Unfortunately, we do not have a 2nd round pick. I believe that went to Miami for Jason Taylor. Worth it eh?
I meant 2nd round if we trade down from our 1st round pick.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,512
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

all picks must be lineman. i really don't care what side of the ball. so far, H.B. Blades has been an adequate replacement
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
Special Teams
 
holcknowsbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 240
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

would love me some cushing from usc......absolute stud and pure strong side linebacker who can rush the passer and line up over the tight end.......best projected pick.......we can address oline after the first round
__________________
An outstanding dad, brother, son, friend, teamate, and football player. Sean Taylor...could not respect a guy more, thank you
holcknowsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

I like Alex Mack, center, from California. Big guy who is projected to start his rookie year at center or guard. He would be a good value if picked late in the first round. Centers are'nt usually picked that high but this guy has a tremendous upside.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 752
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I like Alex Mack, center, from California. Big guy who is projected to start his rookie year at center or guard. He would be a good value if picked late in the first round. Centers are'nt usually picked that high but this guy has a tremendous upside.
Going to be interesting to see if for once this front office begins addressing both Lines. The offensive line is getting older. We can see it, we can tell. Rinehart is an obvious likely starter in the next two years. But, we need a replacement for Kendall and Jansen immediately next season. Rabach is not having his best season, but can be all right next year as long as we address Kendall and Jansen.

Defensively, please give me a legit, young pass rusher, please, oh please!
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:15 PM   #9
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by holcknowsbest View Post
would love me some cushing from usc......absolute stud and pure strong side linebacker who can rush the passer and line up over the tight end.......best projected pick.......we can address oline after the first round
I'd love Cushing too, but I've heard he may go top 10...

Being a Gator I'm pretty biased, but I'd be happy with Brandon Spikes. He can play middle or outside, and has great hands too.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #10
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 25
Posts: 1,066
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I'd love Cushing too, but I've heard he may go top 10...

Being a Gator I'm pretty biased, but I'd be happy with Brandon Spikes. He can play middle or outside, and has great hands too.
I definitely think we need to take an OLB with one of our picks. Aaron Curry would be ideal, but he will most likely be gone by our pick. I like Brandon Spikes as well, maybe Tyrone Mckenzie from USF in the 2nd round (if we trade back).
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
Special Teams
 
ChickenMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario,Ca
Age: 40
Posts: 274
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

1st round ...Peria Jerry DT Missisipi

and please no super soft Brian Cushing(Guaranteed bust, the most overrated OLB in the draft)
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #12
Special Teams
 
Larry Michael is Satan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 123
Thumbs up Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Going to be interesting to see if for once this front office begins addressing both Lines. The offensive line is getting older. We can see it, we can tell. Rinehart is an obvious likely starter in the next two years. But, we need a replacement for Kendall and Jansen immediately next season. Rabach is not having his best season, but can be all right next year as long as we address Kendall and Jansen.

Defensively, please give me a legit, young pass rusher, please, oh please!

I agree on the immediate need for OL starters. Kendall is 35 and has two arthritic knees. Say it out loud, doesn't sound good. He'd be a great backup.
I'm hoping for a guard in the first round, Duke Robinson from Okla, or Herman Johnson from LSU would both look good in B&G for 12 years or so.
Larry Michael is Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #13
The Starter
 
RMSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 25
Posts: 1,066
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
1st round ...Peria Jerry DT Missisipi

and please no super soft Brian Cushing(Guaranteed bust, the most overrated OLB in the draft)
I agree with you about Cushing. He reminds me of a more hyped Dallas Sartz.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #14
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

Ot, De, C...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #15
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: NFL Mock Draft Database Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
I definitely think we need to take an OLB with one of our picks. Aaron Curry would be ideal, but he will most likely be gone by our pick. I like Brandon Spikes as well, maybe Tyrone Mckenzie from USF in the 2nd round (if we trade back).
That Jason Taylor trade is going to come back and bite us. We're gonna need a lot of help filling holes this offseason, and a 2nd round pick is huge. I'm still annoyed we took 3 pass catchers with our first three picks this year....

We're gonna need to be fairly major players in free agency this year IMO. Anyone have a list of what significant players will be available?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27272 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25