Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


One QB in the Draft, One Out

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 752
One QB in the Draft, One Out

Mocking the Draft: Bradford Staying at Oklahoma | DC Pro Sports Report -- Sports news, stats and analysis from the capital of the free world
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
Special Teams
 
cdskins26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 350
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Sanchez declared today, I like him a lot do you think he would be worth going for?
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,008
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Sanchez declared today, I like him a lot do you think he would be worth going for?
Why? :smashfrea
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Why? :smashfrea
If we drafted Sanchez, the day JC throws his first interception next season, someone will start a thread saying he should be benched in favor of a Brennan-Sanchez rotation. They will form like Voltron and save the Redskins.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If we drafted Sanchez, the day JC throws his first interception next season, someone will start a thread saying he should be benched in favor of a Brennan-Sanchez rotation. They will form like Voltron and save the Redskins.
Actually, it probably wouldn't take an interception, and probably not even the conclusion of the offseason, for someone to suggest that.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,854
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Sanchez is nowhere near ready for the NFL. His decision-making is his biggest flaw- he tries to force things where they shouldn't go. The Skins need to stay away from him. His family, his teammates and his coach all told him to stay (not just for selfish reasons). Pete Carroll made a poignant statement:

“Mark’s chance to increase his value and become the top player in college football next year would have been worth $10-$20 million or more — likely more,” Carroll said. “One more year of running a team is almost priceless, so he lost the chance to fully prepare himself and become the very best he could be before going to the NFL. That’s why there’s a 62 percent failure rate for underclassmen quarterbacks.”

The only player Pete's been wrong on (in terms of advising an underclassmen to stay) has been Lofa Tatupu...
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
Camp Scrub
 
gully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 22
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Sanchez shouldn't be on our radar. The fact that Bradford decided to stay in probably says a lot about how much he doesn't want to end up on the Lions.

He most likely would have gone in the top 10 if not top 3, so it hurts us now that Detroit gets to pick one of the top players we covet (non-QB).
gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

This poor guy, regardless of the team his nickname through rookie year will be... Dirty Sanchez.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
Camp Scrub
 
#21Taylor4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montgomery County, Md
Age: 38
Posts: 20
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

I have a better idea. Why don't we draft some OL that aren't near 40 years of age, and groom Campbell into the signal caller most of us believe he'll become?

Sanchez. Pfft!
#21Taylor4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Sanchez is nowhere near ready for the NFL. His decision-making is his biggest flaw- he tries to force things where they shouldn't go. The Skins need to stay away from him. His family, his teammates and his coach all told him to stay (not just for selfish reasons). Pete Carroll made a poignant statement:

“Mark’s chance to increase his value and become the top player in college football next year would have been worth $10-$20 million or more — likely more,” Carroll said. “One more year of running a team is almost priceless, so he lost the chance to fully prepare himself and become the very best he could be before going to the NFL. That’s why there’s a 62 percent failure rate for underclassmen quarterbacks.”

The only player Pete's been wrong on (in terms of advising an underclassmen to stay) has been Lofa Tatupu...
Pretty much my thoughts on his decision. The fact that his coach gave him the same advice I would have makes me think he's going to have a pretty short NFL career.

I have him as my No. 6 QB in the draft, but he probably shouldn't be that high.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Pretty much my thoughts on his decision. The fact that his coach gave him the same advice I would have makes me think he's going to have a pretty short NFL career.

I have him as my No. 6 QB in the draft, but he probably shouldn't be that high.



Who do you have thats entering the draft ahead of him??
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #12
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
[/b]

Who do you have thats entering the draft ahead of him??
1. Graham Harrell, TTU
2. Matthew Stafford, Georgia
3. Nate Davis, Ball St.
4. Josh Freeman, KSU
5. Mike Reilly, Central Washington
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #13
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,418
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
This poor guy, regardless of the team his nickname through rookie year will be... Dirty Sanchez.
Poor bastard!!

Urban Dictionary: dirty sanchez
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #14
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,498
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

Huge mistake. He only started one year. He played well but it was apparent that he still needs more snaps under center. Not sure what the hell Sanzhez is thinking.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #15
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: One QB in the Draft, One Out

No, next years class is going to be terrific if we need a QB. Teebow, Bradford, and McCoy means if we suck we might get a shot at one of them. I do not think the Skins are going to resign JC if he doesn't step up his game in '09. I say that since you know JC is going to ask for more $$$$$$$ and unless he is great next season, Vinny and co and going to say bye bye like Casserly did to Gus. Sure JC is better than Gus, but not by a whole lot, with the exception of his TD/INT ratio.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26558 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25