Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #46
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
It would suck to find such a gem and then get rid of him right away, but turning a 7th rounder into a 2nd rounder in one season is a pretty darn good return on investment I'd say.

I suppose we'd bring Doughty back and let him fight it out with Kareem Moore? Mike Green can't cover himself with blanket.

Oh man, too funny.

I'd hate to get rid of Horton, however I think it'd be a choice between Horton and Landry, and well we know who we would keep if such scenario were to occur. I agree with you GMScud, turning a 7th rounder into a 2nd round pick would be great.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #47
Impact Rookie
 
Eknox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 528
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

I read it , sounds like BS to me
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #48
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,074
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

I think I've changed my mind about trading down. I was against it, but now I think I'm for it. I just don't see anybody who we couldn't do without being available at #13. Also, the are 6-7 good OT's and 6-7 good DE's and SLB's in this draft, so we could drop down into the 20's and pick up a valuable 2nd rounder.

By trading down, there's a chance that we could pick up an OT, a DE, and a SLB in Rounds 1-3. That would be very sweet, indeed!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #49
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

There are several teams that could be ideal trade partners - NE, Detroit, Miami, Denver, maybe even Philly.

Ideally I would love a trade w/Detroit or NE. Detroit has #20 & NE has #23 plus 3 2nd rounders. Detroit's got Mayhew as GM, our old CB from the good old days. It would be sweet if he gave up #20 & 33 for our 13.

That may sound highly unrealistic, but I can see one scenario where it could happen; Detroit takes J. Smith at #1. Sanchez is available at #12, but Denver decides not to take Sanchez at 12 & they fail to make a deal w/Detroit, who offers #20 & their 3rd (65) to move up.

Suddenly, Vinny & Danny are getting offers from a few teams who want to take Sanchez at 13, offering up day 1 picks. The Skins then have the uppper hand & go w/the best offer. It is Detroit we're talking about. I could even see them giving #20,33 & 65 if they really think Sanchez is the real deal & he's available at 13. Vinny might throw in a 3rd or a late round pick to make it more palatble to their fans.

Of course this would depend on Sanchez falling out of the top 10. I think he, Orakpo & A. Smith are the 3 guys that will draw the most trading up interest. I know Orakpo's stock shot up after the combine, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the board a little later. He's got Vernon Golston written all over him.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #50
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Oh man, too funny.

I'd hate to get rid of Horton, however I think it'd be a choice between Horton and Landry, and well we know who we would keep if such scenario were to occur. I agree with you GMScud, turning a 7th rounder into a 2nd round pick would be great.
Word...we're not even that deep @ safety now so trading Horton don't make sense. On da other hand trading Kedric for a 2nd rounder, even in some package scenario w/ one of our current picks so we can move way up, that's an idea i like. We're totally covered @ DT now so Kedric is a luxury who we wouldn't miss terrible IMO.

...especially if we're lucky enough to have Raji fall to us it will be a great time to trade Kedric and get another pick.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #51
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

I just don't see a trade down scenario happening. Two years ago (2007), we owned the No. 6 pick. Brady Quinn & Adrian Peterson were still on the board when we drafted. We COULD NOT get anyone to trade into our spot.

I think teams realize it is more of a crapshoot and that the best bet is to throw as many darts against the wall as possible. I would be happy, but very surprised if we trade down.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #52
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
There are several teams that could be ideal trade partners - NE, Detroit, Miami, Denver, maybe even Philly.

Ideally I would love a trade w/Detroit or NE. Detroit has #20 & NE has #23 plus 3 2nd rounders. Detroit's got Mayhew as GM, our old CB from the good old days. It would be sweet if he gave up #20 & 33 for our 13.

That may sound highly unrealistic, but I can see one scenario where it could happen; Detroit takes J. Smith at #1. Sanchez is available at #12, but Denver decides not to take Sanchez at 12 & they fail to make a deal w/Detroit, who offers #20 & their 3rd (65) to move up.

Suddenly, Vinny & Danny are getting offers from a few teams who want to take Sanchez at 13, offering up day 1 picks. The Skins then have the uppper hand & go w/the best offer. It is Detroit we're talking about. I could even see them giving #20,33 & 65 if they really think Sanchez is the real deal & he's available at 13. Vinny might throw in a 3rd or a late round pick to make it more palatble to their fans.

Of course this would depend on Sanchez falling out of the top 10. I think he, Orakpo & A. Smith are the 3 guys that will draw the most trading up interest. I know Orakpo's stock shot up after the combine, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the board a little later. He's got Vernon Golston written all over him.
Yeah, i could see it too. We have some holes and need some picks. If Sanchez falls, Crabtree falls, or even Stafford falls we could have some decent trade partners. I wouldn't be upset. DE seems to be pretty deep in this draft. We can get a good player late in the 1st round.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #53
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,444
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I think I've changed my mind about trading down. I was against it, but now I think I'm for it. I just don't see anybody who we couldn't do without being available at #13. Also, the are 6-7 good OT's and 6-7 good DE's and SLB's in this draft, so we could drop down into the 20's and pick up a valuable 2nd rounder.

By trading down, there's a chance that we could pick up an OT, a DE, and a SLB in Rounds 1-3. That would be very sweet, indeed!
Precisely. Well put.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #54
The Starter
 
TheSmurfs22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,077
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
GTripp!

Trade Rumors only - Hog Heaven

Chris Horton

Just speculating on this one.

Have not heard anything about him being in trade talks, but knowing how the Redskins want to approach this draft, and where they want LaRon Landry to play next year, I would not be surprised at all if they tried to get a 2nd rounder for Horton, and then resign Mike Green at the league minimum.
~~~~
I would hate to see Horton go. I think he is a good young talent who is not afraid to hit the hell out of someone. However this is the Redskins and they tend to do things that do not make sense. I love the Skins but sometimes I reallyw wonder what Vinny and Danny Boy are smoking.
TheSmurfs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #55
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,074
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nflnick11 View Post
I don't know about us being able to get a good OLB in like the third round maybe jason williams of western Illinois but DE, I doubt we could get like a maybin or ayers in the second , and sidbury would probably be too high there we could get like a Kyle Moore in the third...one things for sure, if u want a good OLman you have to get him in the first cause I the mid second to third, they'll all be gone
You may be right about the OT's but if we want a G or C somebody good will probably be there in the mid-2nd to 3rd round.

At G I like: Robinson, Levitre, H. Johnson, Urbik, and Vasquez.

At C I like: Mack, Unger, Luigs, Wood, and Caldwell.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #56
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I just don't see a trade down scenario happening. Two years ago (2007), we owned the No. 6 pick. Brady Quinn & Adrian Peterson were still on the board when we drafted. We COULD NOT get anyone to trade into our spot.

I think teams realize it is more of a crapshoot and that the best bet is to throw as many darts against the wall as possible. I would be happy, but very surprised if we trade down.
But Joe, last year we did trade down!

I think teams are more reluctant to trade up to the top 10, both because of the cost in trade (usually picks) & the huge contract they have to pay a rookie. Our pick at 13 on the other hand, is right in the middle of good value but fairly safe players that are likely starters for several years. Teams will trade up for a qb no matter what if there's a guy they want.

With numerous teams holding extra picks they can play with, I think trade offers will be there, just depends on what teams are offering. If I was a GM, I would look to trade w/the Skins because they've shown a willingness to do so. They've also shown a willingness to get suckered, but that's another story!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #57
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

In order to trade down, I think you need to ask yourself if the guy(s) you want will still be available in the spot that you are planning to trade down to. If the answer is no, then I wouldn't trade down.

If there's nobody that you think would be available that you would want at 13, then trading down is a no-brainer - but I don't that's the case.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #58
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
We need to trade down or possibly re-sign Marcus Washington. We won't be able to plug 2 or more rookies into the starting lineup with the selections we have now. Saying that, It points to the team perhaps looking to draft a DE, possibly LSU's Tyson Jackson. Why re-sign over-the-hill insurance policies Daniels and Wynn if not looking to bring youth into the fold?
cuts aren't over
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #59
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,455
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Trade down and get Eben Britton. Then take a top rate Center or OLB with the next two picks. That would be a hell of a draft day for me. Of course they'll probably take some position that I don't expect them to take within their first two picks (3 if they trade down). I'm betting on S, CB, or WR. Then we get to hear the awesome BPA argument though I don't know when all these BPA's are going to get a chance to get reps outside the scout team (see Rhinehart).
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #60
Camp Scrub
 
RedTempleSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Charlotte, N.C.
Posts: 36
Re: Do You Think We'll Trade Down In The Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Trade down and get Eben Britton. Then take a top rate Center or OLB with the next two picks. That would be a hell of a draft day for me. Of course they'll probably take some position that I don't expect them to take within their first two picks (3 if they trade down). I'm betting on S, CB, or WR. Then we get to hear the awesome BPA argument though I don't know when all these BPA's are going to get a chance to get reps outside the scout team (see Rhinehart).
I agree about trading down and I think Britton would be a good selection, but I would like to see a olb or de with the gains on the trade down. Players that have young legs who can run around, hopefully creating havoc on the defensive end for us.
RedTempleSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30023 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25