Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #16
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,301
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nflnick11 View Post
I'll still take smith, it's not about your performance on the combine, it's about how you perform on the field which smith is really good at, I'll also take maualuga and Oher...and for all you fans of getting a center, especially mack, don't expect us to get one, because I heard or saw somewhere that Vinny thinks rabach is fine and that we have worse needs at tackle, plus he's well awhere that rabach is one of our younger lineman...our problem is at RT and RG, at the moment... And oher and smith can play both those positions...
That's why Vinny is the village idiot!! Smith is not looking good. Why did Smith let himself go? Especially knowing that you have to perform in front of pro scouts and NFL personnel, that's inexcusable. I'm sorry, he has a big ? all over him.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #17
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

So after all this clamor about addressing the line, we may end up getting a defensive player at #13. I think people are making too much of this combine and pro day business (funny I didn't see Oher or Monroe in the top performers at the combine).
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #18
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
The fact that he showed up out of shape to the combine is reason enough for me to say no thanks. We need players that WANT to play and be their best.
I don't know that I'd say "no thanks" cut and dry but while the numbers don't concern me at all football-wise what the numbers mean mentally do. He was out of shape...he knew it at the combine and he was still out of shape today. Not that he could have really done a ton in the few short weeks but when his trainers are visibly upset then I am getting really concerned. I think with proper motivation the guy could be a stud. But who knows if he is a head case or not. Some athletes hate working out and get out of shape very easily and then come back each season and work their way back in time for the season. Some are just lazy and think they are the sh*t and get run over consitently until they're out of the league. So that's the question. Is he a big head or just a bad decision maker?

Is he Anthony Montgomery? A guy who has tools but can't seem to really push his ass hard enough to dominate.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #19
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So after all this clamor about addressing the line, we may end up getting a defensive player at #13. I think people are making too much of this combine and pro day business (funny I didn't see Oher or Monroe in the top performers at the combine).
Yeah but they also didn't universally tank.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #20
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,301
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Bill (NJ): You look at the top 10 Mel, which player do you think has the best chance to become a "bust?"

SportsNation Mel Kiper: First of all, you hope none of the guys you have in the top 10 are busts. You shouldn't have them that high if they're going to be busts. The QBs are tough. Everyone thinks the OTs are guarantees. A Malcolm Jenkins, if he turns into a safety not a CB, then that would be a disappointment, because you're drafting him as a CB. Heyward-Bey, he dropped some catchable balls. Limited production in some games this year. Clay Matthews coming out of USC was kind of a one-year wonder. Vontae Davis had several games this year where he was inconsistent. Everette Brown, a DE from FSU, not real tall, not real fast. When you're only 6-1 and only run 4.68, 4.73, usually you have to run 4.55 if you're 6-1 and a DE. Andre Smith, he mismanaged the combine. He was suspended for the last game of his career. If you're not dependable and reliable, it's hard to be a great LT in this league.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #21
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Considering our need at RT, LB, and DE, i dont see how anyone could justify drafting a CENTER at 13. Would he be an upgrade over Rabach? Sure? But Center is probably our 6th or 7th greatest need at this point and we would be fools to take a center so high. Not only would it be a huge reach to take him that High, but it wouldnt even be filling a major need.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Bill (NJ): You look at the top 10 Mel, which player do you think has the best chance to become a "bust?"

SportsNation Mel Kiper: First of all, you hope none of the guys you have in the top 10 are busts. You shouldn't have them that high if they're going to be busts. The QBs are tough. Everyone thinks the OTs are guarantees. A Malcolm Jenkins, if he turns into a safety not a CB, then that would be a disappointment, because you're drafting him as a CB. Heyward-Bey, he dropped some catchable balls. Limited production in some games this year. Clay Matthews coming out of USC was kind of a one-year wonder. Vontae Davis had several games this year where he was inconsistent. Everette Brown, a DE from FSU, not real tall, not real fast. When you're only 6-1 and only run 4.68, 4.73, usually you have to run 4.55 if you're 6-1 and a DE. Andre Smith, he mismanaged the combine. He was suspended for the last game of his career. If you're not dependable and reliable, it's hard to be a great LT in this league.
http://www.thewarpath.net/522690-post3.html (NFL Network Analyst's Top Prospects..)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Buuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnn!
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

May not lead at #13 for long...not sounding very good for Smith

SCOUT: “SMITH LOST MILLIONS TODAY”
Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 11, 2009, 4:25 p.m.

Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith’s campus workout today in front of NFL scouts was a “disaster,” according to Tony Pauline of SI.com.

Quoting an unnamed scout, Pauline writes that Smith’s lack of preparation was obvious as he was overweight. One scout called the performance, “one of the worst workouts I’ve ever seen.”

Another AFC East scout told Pauline: “He lost millions today.”

As a league source told us earlier today, Smith ran with his shirt off.

According to Pauline, comments were made about “the flab and the rolls on his body” during Smith’s 40-yard dashes as he posted times between 5.21 and 5.29 seconds.

Per the article, several scouts weren’t happy to travel a long way only to witness a bad workout. And Smith’s trainers were not pleased, either.


UPDATE: NFL.com has reported additional details on the workout, noting that Smith was 6-4 1/4, 325 pounds with 40-yard dash times of 5.28 and 5.33 seconds.

He turned in a 25-inch vertical leap, a 7-10 broad jump, a 7.88 time in the three-cone drill and bench pressed 225 pounds for 19 repetitions.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #25
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,301
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Buuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnn!
Just posting his comment since a lot of people think he's god. I still think Kiper is full of shit, I'm posting stuff about Smith cause he's gonna be a bust and we don't need anymore.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #26
Special Teams
 
Hamoskinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Samoa
Posts: 180
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

@ 13, My choices (in preference order) are
1. M Oher
2. A Smith
3. Trade down
a. Alex Mack/Eben Britton and Connor Barwin/Larry English
4. Rey Maualuga
Hamoskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #27
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

325 lbs. is the lightest Smith's been in a while

Outland Trophy winner Andre Smith works out for NFL teams - ESPN

But here's one anonymous source who thought he was ok

What to do if Alabama OT Andre Smith drops in draft ... - Inside the Bears

I don't know how many people are calling him a God, but plenty who have actually watched him play in games think he has the potential to be a dominant RG or RT
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #28
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamoskinz View Post
@ 13, My choices (in preference order) are
1. M Oher
2. A Smith
3. Trade down
a. Alex Mack/Eben Britton and Connor Barwin/Larry English
4. Rey Maualuga
I think that's what we all want to see.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:49 PM   #29
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,146
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
325 lbs. is the lightest Smith's been in a while

Outland Trophy winner Andre Smith works out for NFL teams - ESPN

But here's one anonymous source who thought he was ok

What to do if Alabama OT Andre Smith drops in draft ... - Inside the Bears

I don't know how many people are calling him a God, but plenty who have actually watched him play in games think he has the potential to be a dominant RG or RT
Well I feel better knowing that Samuals put up only 19 reps. I don't remember who said it but I once heard that until you have to bench press 225 at midfield to win the game the Bench Press will only mean so much especially when you compare it to on field production which Smith has plenty of. And while someone said earlier that we should have learned from Davis and Kelly well while I agree partially the fact remains that I think Smith is different especially since he plays a position thats a lot easier to project at the next level. Personally I'm releshing in how much Smith is falling.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #30
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Andre Smith still leads in the Database at #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Considering our need at RT, LB, and DE, i dont see how anyone could justify drafting a CENTER at 13. Would he be an upgrade over Rabach? Sure? But Center is probably our 6th or 7th greatest need at this point and we would be fools to take a center so high. Not only would it be a huge reach to take him that High, but it wouldnt even be filling a major need.
I understand what you're saying BHA but Mack WOULD make our line better in a big way. I see you did'nt have receiver as a need. If a young Jerry Rice were available would you take him anyway or pass him up?
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30711 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25