Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #166
Camp Scrub
 
ibleedburgandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 17
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

I can understand saying a 1st rd DE has a strong chance to be a bust; however, the two safest positions to pick in the 1st are OT and LB. Cushing would be an awesome addition and would produce more than maybe a Maybin would, but IMO we have a much bigger hole to fill at DE than at LB.
__________________
Nukes...if that don't kill it then god don't want it dead!
ibleedburgandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #167
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedburgandy View Post
I can understand saying a 1st rd DE has a strong chance to be a bust; however, the two safest positions to pick in the 1st are OT and LB. Cushing would be an awesome addition and would produce more than maybe a Maybin would, but IMO we have a much bigger hole to fill at DE than at LB.
Cushing played a little DE for USC two years ago due to injuries on their line. Dude's a beast.

I still want Maualuga!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #168
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Rey-Rey! The Latest: Rey Maualuga, Southern California, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com Football
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #169
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Clay Matthews! The Latest: Clay Matthews, Southern California, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com Football
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #170
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
Cushing played a little DE for USC two years ago due to injuries on their line. Dude's a beast.

I still want Maualuga!!!
Cushing is a stud LB who can play all LB positions and DE. The only knock on him that I know of is durability issues. He's had various ankle, knee and shoulder injuries and some surgery. I've read that after his showing at the combine (or proday can't remember which) scouts are no longer worried about his shoulder. 30 reps of 225 lbs.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #171
Camp Scrub
 
ecupirate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 25
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Cushing is a product of roids... look at pics from him in high school, till his surgery, till now... obvi fishy
ecupirate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #172
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecupirate08 View Post
Cushing is a product of roids... look at pics from him in high school, till his surgery, till now... obvi fishy
Yeah...because most guys finish puberty before HS and college.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #173
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Matthews was a 166 lb. LB/TE as a freshman. He's now a 240 lb. LB.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"

Last edited by 53Fan; 03-20-2009 at 03:03 PM.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #174
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Matthews was a 166 lb. LB/TE as a freshman.
In highschool?

I was 147 lbs as a freshman, 170 as a senior, and 4 years later I was 205. And I was not a professional athlete or heavy into lifting during that 4 year span. I was in the Army though so there was physical exercise. That was a 21% increase in weight and mass over 8 years.

Brian Cushing had a 35% increase, but he was playing football and lifting heavy while in college. It is not much of a stretch to see those type of gains when you are working hard.

Hell, nowadays (12 years later) I'm pushing 230, but I need to get back to 195-205...beer hasn't been kind to me.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #175
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
In highschool?

I was 147 lbs as a freshman, 170 as a senior, and 4 years later I was 205. And I was not a professional athlete or heavy into lifting during that 4 year span. I was in the Army though so there was physical exercise. That was a 21% increase in weight and mass over 8 years.

Brian Cushing had a 35% increase, but he was playing football and lifting heavy while in college. It is not much of a stretch to see those type of gains when you are working hard.

Hell, nowadays (12 years later) I'm pushing 230, but I need to get back to 195-205...beer hasn't been kind to me.
No, at USC. You can gain a lot of weight when you're undersized and trying to be a starter at LB at a major program. I think it's more a case of hard work than steroids. I hear ya. It wasn't that kind to me either.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #176
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
In highschool?

I was 147 lbs as a freshman, 170 as a senior, and 4 years later I was 205. And I was not a professional athlete or heavy into lifting during that 4 year span. I was in the Army though so there was physical exercise. That was a 21% increase in weight and mass over 8 years.

Brian Cushing had a 35% increase, but he was playing football and lifting heavy while in college. It is not much of a stretch to see those type of gains when you are working hard.

Hell, nowadays (12 years later) I'm pushing 230, but I need to get back to 195-205...beer hasn't been kind to me.

Actually it is more of a 44% increase (that's 6% shy of half his body mass- 74 divided by 166 ). And that's 4 years. I don't know if that's normal.

Angry, you had a 39% increase (from 147 to 205), but that was 8 years.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #177
Camp Scrub
 
WildBill1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
This is an easy one for me. Alex Mack-Center-Cal. It's time to stop putting the win on the defenses shoulders all the time. Nice Thread!
Could not agree more. This guy can play guard or center. He'll be here for at lkeast 7 years and will be an all-pro by his second year.

It's not going to happen because the Skins never pick OL with their first pick. But if they did, this should be the guy.
WildBill1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #178
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Actually it is more of a 44% increase (that's 6% shy of half his body mass- 74 divided by 166 ). And that's 4 years. I don't know if that's normal.

Angry, you had a 39% increase (from 147 to 205), but that was 8 years.

Yeah, I calculated percentage from his current weight. The Army teaches interpulation rather than math. We were also taught 1 and 1 is 3...Long story. Not that either of those is a solid excuse for my incorrect calculations.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #179
Camp Scrub
 
ibleedburgandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 17
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

I'd be happy if we picked any of the following...

LB Cushing
LB Maualuga
T Oher
T A. Smith
DE Maybin
DE Jackson

All three would be an improvement from what we have now!
__________________
Nukes...if that don't kill it then god don't want it dead!
ibleedburgandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #180
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: I give you the first 12 picks, Give me your Redskins draft pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedburgandy View Post
I'd be happy if we picked any of the following...

LB Cushing
LB Maualuga
T Oher
T A. Smith
DE Maybin
DE Jackson

All three would be an improvement from what we have now!
Ugh... i still don't get the luv for Cushing. I'd take Marcus back any day of the week over him.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27724 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25