Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Mark Sanchez at 13th?

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #211
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,019
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
What better way to make other teams scared that your looking at a QB they want then to get involved in a QB trade talk and making sure it falls through due to a horrible offer. It screams of DS trying to make other teams believe we are not happy with JC and are looking for something else to make the other teams want to possibly give us better trade value when #13 comes up. If the other teams think we want him they would have to offer something substantial to sway us out of picking him and trading with the team so they can move up and take him. Hmmm. Sounds like DS.

I bet the talk with JC was all about this posturing and how he had to put on the act as well.
That would be an amazingly clever move, but I really doubt it's the case. Remember, all the reports said that the Skins made an offer that was similar to the Bears' but McDaniels didn't want Campbell as his QB.

EDIT - Maybe it's a quasi-abusive way of getting Campbell to sign a new contract on the cheap. They say "listen Jason, we were going to trade you but no one wanted you. We still believe in you even if no one else does. Since this deal and we can still make you a good player.
I'm sort of kidding, but part of me is afraid that this could be how the FO really thinks.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #212
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,083
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

If we're going to go after Sanchez then we might as well just cut bait with Campbell now (and we better stock up on more first day picks). Too bad this isn't like the NBA where you'll see something like Campbell, Moss, and Golston all traded in one deal for multiple picks and/or players.

I don't know how much true interest we have in Sanchez, to the extent that we would trade up to get him. For everyone upset we lost our 2nd rounder to the Dolphins maybe we should be happy we don't have it right now to use in a trade up for Sanchez. We definitely like those USC guys overall though. I worry though that some of the "deciders" in the organization, believe they can magically recreate a Matt Ryan season with Sanchez.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see us use/waste? a 2010 first day pick to trade up to make sure we get...someone other than Sanchez.

Plus we have Colt!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You

Last edited by SmootSmack; 04-15-2009 at 07:36 PM.
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #213
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,505
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

I really think this is just some buzz to generate interest in trading down... if we take Sanchez, I really am going to lose all hope for this front office. Its not like its a can't miss guy like Peyton Manning or something... this guy is a project too, just like Jason Campbell.... forgetting for a second that we have about a million other holes on the team, if we drafted Sanchez, it would only be 2 years before we said F--- it with him and drafted another guy....

Rumors like this should just be dismissed...but because were the Redskins... hey, Ya never know...
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #214
Special Teams
 
wordsmithgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Raleigh NC
Age: 52
Posts: 158
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

I agree. If we take Sanchez at 13 this front office is hopeless. They have no plan on building a team by degrees. I am quickly losing interest in football and I think it is mainly because of potential moves like this one. There is no coherent plan for this team. They are not grounded with any principles and just go willy nilly trying to build a team. They will not be successful with that approach. I thought they may have learned that but no.
wordsmithgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #215
Special Teams
 
DIRTEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 256
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Why waste a pick on Sanchez? Get something that you really need, like a LB, OL or PR. Next year is the year of the QB's, not this year. C'mon FO.
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #216
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Let's put it this way. If Snyder and Cerrato decided that they want to go after Sanchez why would they tell a single other person about it?

They wouldn't.

It's just bad business revealing your hand like that. Snyder is a smart businessman.

As the de facto GM all these years not so much.
Are you kidding?

Two years ago, many people on this board were freaking out, saying we already had Sean Taylor, when reports came out about this time saying the Skins were going to draft Laron Landry.

And last year about this time, even more people were freaking out, saying we've already got Anthony Mix, when reports came out saying the Skins were high on Malcolm Kelly.

We all know how that turned out. Face it. We'll most likely trade up to get Mark Sanchez. Hopefully, we can trade JC, so it at least makes some sense.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #217
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,315
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Have we worked out any other QB's? No. You'd think that if we wanted a qb we'd do due diligence and work out several of them.

We've only worked out the ONE qb who MIGHT be available at 13.

The more I think about it, the more I see a smokescreen or due diligence for a trade down.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #218
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

A draft with Sanchez in the first and Toler in the third would be a disaster. Of course I can see the press conference now.

"Vinny how come you didn't draft any O-Lineman."

"Well we got Derrick, so I'd say we improved the O-Line."

"So you basically made sure that the position last year that saw the best play was just as good this year if not better then last year?"

"Yes, and now we have more skinny guys. Besides you don't want to many of those fat guys, they'll make your health insurance premiums go through the roof."

"What about Albert Haynesworth?"

"He's so rich now he can start his own health insurance company"


"Some people say that you only care about drafting skill positions what do you say to that"

"Absoulutley not we looked at all these guys that weren't very skilled......like me"

"Yes Vinny but you don't ever draft them."

"We're....just waiting for the......the one."

"What are you reading Cosmo or something."

"Maybe"
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #219
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,083
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

I think we're going running back in the 3rd round, just a gut feeling
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #220
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think we're going running back in the 3rd round, just a gut feeling
I take it you'd like Javon Ringer in the third? I wouldn't mind drafting a guy like Jeremiah Johnson or Devin Moore with our fifth round pick.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #221
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
A draft with Sanchez in the first and Toler in the third would be a disaster. Of course I can see the press conference now.

"Vinny how come you didn't draft any O-Lineman."

"Well we got Derrick, so I'd say we improved the O-Line."

"So you basically made sure that the position last year that saw the best play was just as good this year if not better then last year?"

"Yes, and now we have more skinny guys. Besides you don't want to many of those fat guys, they'll make your health insurance premiums go through the roof."

"What about Albert Haynesworth?"

"He's so rich now he can start his own health insurance company"


"Some people say that you only care about drafting skill positions what do you say to that"

"Absoulutley not we looked at all these guys that weren't very skilled......like me"

"Yes Vinny but you don't ever draft them."

"We're....just waiting for the......the one."

"What are you reading Cosmo or something."

"Maybe"
dude, you're on a roll! The creative juices are flowing, love the Haynesworth/fat guy lines!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #222
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think we're going running back in the 3rd round, just a gut feeling
any one in particular?
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #223
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

To be honest I'm not totally opposed to taking Sanchez, but to take a DB or RB in the 3rd round as well would just be overkill. At the very least if they had signed Ray Willis none of this would have been a problem. Right now though their best option if they choose not to draft a Tackle is to sign Kwame Harris and hope like hell that he can be developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
dude, you're on a roll! The creative juices are flowing, love the Haynesworth/fat guy lines!

Thanks, I try.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #224
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If we're going to go after Sanchez then we might as well just cut bait with Campbell now (and we better stock up on more first day picks). Too bad this isn't like the NBA where you'll see something like Campbell, Moss, and Golston all traded in one deal for multiple picks and/or players.

I don't know how much true interest we have in Sanchez, to the extent that we would trade up to get him. For everyone upset we lost our 2nd rounder to the Dolphins maybe we should be happy we don't have it right now to use in a trade up for Sanchez. We definitely like those USC guys overall though. I worry though that some of the "deciders" in the organization, believe they can magically recreate a Matt Ryan season with Sanchez.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see us use/waste? a 2010 first day pick to trade up to make sure we get...someone other than Sanchez.

Plus we have Colt!
who?
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #225
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,315
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

There is only one intelligent draft strategy for the Washington Redskins:

1) use every draft pick to re-draft Colt Brennan, just for emphasis
2) cut everyone else and start Colt at every position. He's proven himself.
3) rename the team to "The Washington Colt Brennans"

Any other strategy would be pure folly.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30761 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25