Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Mark Sanchez at 13th?

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #16
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,059
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Dude, the guy knows Matt Leinart. Personally.

Not to mention the fact that he went to USC which we all know is so close to D.C. which makes him practicly a hometown hero
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #17
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,516
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

:smashfrea
just one question, why?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Well it's high time we had SOMEBODY named Sanchez on the team.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #19
Impact Rookie
 
Zerohero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: newport news, va
Age: 35
Posts: 755
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Dude, the guy knows Matt Leinart. Personally.
Sooo true. I was living in Az when they drafted Leinart. Do you know how bad you gotta be to be the savior of the team and beat out by a washed up 40 year old Warner. Well at the time he was considered washed up.

I'll give Sanchez one thing, he seems to be more concerned bout football then Hollywood.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:10 AM   #20
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
Sooo true. I was living in Az when they drafted Leinart. Do you know how bad you gotta be to be the savior of the team and beat out by a washed up 40 year old Warner. Well at the time he was considered washed up.

I'll give Sanchez one thing, he seems to be more concerned bout football then Hollywood.
Being totally honest, the smart money is on Leinart to have the better career of the two. Hollywood or no Hollywood. He needs to get a chance obviously, and while I'm not sure that will be in 'Zona, the chances that Warner gets hurt this year are better than 50/50.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #21
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Didn't Pete Carroll say he wasn't even ready to come out? Or is that just thought of as a coach trying to keep his player?
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 AM   #22
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Didn't Pete Carroll say he wasn't even ready to come out? Or is that just thought of as a coach trying to keep his player?
Both. Carroll used objective evidence to show Sanchez that he was making the wrong decision. Reportedly, even Sanchez' parents feel he probably should have had another year. Sanchez is pretty much alone in trying to cash in.

That's the reason I suggested last year to avoid DT, guy wants a payday first, a strong career second. Sanchez, flat out, came out because he felt he could be a first round draft pick in a "weak class". If any team spends a first round pick on him, they've 1) proved him right, and 2) deserve what they have coming.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:26 AM   #23
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Both. Carroll used objective evidence to show Sanchez that he was making the wrong decision. Reportedly, even Sanchez' parents feel he probably should have had another year. Sanchez is pretty much alone in trying to cash in.

That's the reason I suggested last year to avoid DT, guy wants a payday first, a strong career second. Sanchez, flat out, came out because he felt he could be a first round draft pick in a "weak class". If any team spends a first round pick on him, they've 1) proved him right, and 2) deserve what they have coming.
I remember Carroll being pretty adamant about it. I personally want nothing to do with him and don't expect much more than a backup out of him. Supposedly he reads the field pretty well but forces things at times resulting in TO's. I think a lot of QB's could have done well with that team.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #24
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,615
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Not to mention the fact that he went to USC which we all know is so close to D.C. which makes him practicly a hometown hero
Gene Roddenberry had a vision..............
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:30 AM   #25
King of the Cage
 
Jamaican'Skin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Age: 27
Posts: 2,345
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

I thought taking a break from the site would get rid of all the dumb posts. Guess nothing has changed in 2009
__________________
Back like a spinal tap
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 AM   #26
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I remember Carroll being pretty adamant about it. I personally want nothing to do with him and don't expect much more than a backup out of him. Supposedly he reads the field pretty well but forces things at times resulting in TO's. I think a lot of QB's could have done well with that team.
Well, he completed 64% of his college passes to Staffords 58.something%. In that respect he's a better prospect. Except that, over one single season of data, who cares? That 64% is meaningless without large sample context. Then there's the talent bubble that is U.S.C.

This guy had a really good comp% in college, you know, he of the 57.3% NFL figure.

Vince Young Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

If this guy (of 54.2% fame) had been able to declare after his Sophomore year, he would have been viewed very differently as a prospect, that's for sure:

Rex Grossman Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

So basically, guys need to be good, but they also need to do it in a large sample.

I love watching Matt Stafford throw balls down the sideline, but if he only completes 58% of his passes, well, I know as an NFL GM, I can do better. In Sanchez' case, well, you probably had a better offense at USC then you'll have in the NFL, so I'm gambling a ton on that adjustment.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:35 AM   #27
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Wink Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican'Skin View Post
I thought taking a break from the site would get rid of all the dumb posts. Guess nothing has changed in 2009
No. You leaving didn't take away from the dumb posts at all. How's things down on the island?
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:45 AM   #28
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, he completed 64% of his college passes to Staffords 58.something%. In that respect he's a better prospect. Except that, over one single season of data, who cares? That 64% is meaningless without large sample context. Then there's the talent bubble that is U.S.C.

This guy had a really good comp% in college, you know, he of the 57.3% NFL figure.

Vince Young Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

If this guy (of 54.2% fame) had been able to declare after his Sophomore year, he would have been viewed very differently as a prospect, that's for sure:

Rex Grossman Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

So basically, guys need to be good, but they also need to do it in a large sample.

I love watching Matt Stafford throw balls down the sideline, but if he only completes 58% of his passes, well, I know as an NFL GM, I can do better. In Sanchez' case, well, you probably had a better offense at USC then you'll have in the NFL, so I'm gambling a ton on that adjustment.
Yeah, 65.6%. Not bad. I guess he should have pulled a Sanchez and came out then. Of course whoever drafted him high would still be kicking themselves today. Edit: I just saw he was the 22nd overall pick by the Bears.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:49 AM   #29
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Yeah, 65.6%. Not bad. I guess he should have pulled a Sanchez and came out then. Of course whoever drafted him high would still be kicking themselves today.
Technically, he wasn't allowed to leave after his Soph. year. NFL rules require three seasons out of H.S. before you can enter the draft. But yeah, like Sanchez it would have been a good career decision.

Nothing would make me happier to see Sanchez fall to the second round, but it only takes one team to make him a first round pick. I can't in good conscience predict that no team with a need at QB will be irresponsible.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:53 AM   #30
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Mark Sanchez at 13th?

I understand what you're saying Tripp and I agree. There has been a history of high "Flash in the pan" picks in the draft that have not worked out. A one year wonder is not what I'm looking for in the draft which is also why I still have some doubts about Maybin.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36588 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25