Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #31
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

The biggest reason Brian Mitchell was cut was because of Darrell Green's enormous influence over Dan Snyder. Green didn't want him around anymore, and what Green wanted, Green got.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #32
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The biggest reason Brian Mitchell was cut was because of Darrell Green's enormous influence over Dan Snyder. Green didn't want him around anymore, and what Green wanted, Green got.
I never knew this. Do you know the reason why Green wanted him gone SS?
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #33
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I never knew this. Do you know the reason why Green wanted him gone SS?
They always had issues in the locker room. Green thought Mitchell talked too much, he thought the younger players were starting to listen to B-Mitch more than him (which is true), and Green thought Mitchell was a bad influence on the newer generation of Redskins. And Green was getting upset that Mitchell's charity work was starting to get recognition, and he thought it was upstaging his own and he (Green) was losing his status as the most charitable person on the team. Mitchell didn't have a problem with Green really as much as Green did with Mitchell.

I mean it's true that Snyder and Cerrato were enticed by the appeal of Deion, but actually letting Mitchell go was largely influenced by Green.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #34
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They always had issues in the locker room. Green thought Mitchell talked too much, he thought the younger players were starting to listen to B-Mitch more than him (which is true), and Green thought Mitchell was a bad influence on the newer generation of Redskins. And Green was getting upset that Mitchell's charity work was starting to get recognition, and he thought it was upstaging his own and he (Green) was losing his status as the most charitable person on the team. Mitchell didn't have a problem with Green really as much as Green did with Mitchell.

I mean it's true that Snyder and Cerrato were enticed by the appeal of Deion, but actually letting Mitchell go was largely influenced by Green.
Darrell Green= 20 year face of the franchise, NFL's fastest man, 1st ballot HOF, perennial all-pro, pivotal to our 1987 super bowl run, etc.

vs.

Brian Mitchell= Loud mouthed Special Teams player, solid return man, never more than a third down running back!

Who should the franchise have sided with? Besides, I have a hard time believing that Darrell Green was petty about charity work recogintion. That seems a little far fetched...imo.
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #35
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,526
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They always had issues in the locker room. Green thought Mitchell talked too much, he thought the younger players were starting to listen to B-Mitch more than him (which is true), and Green thought Mitchell was a bad influence on the newer generation of Redskins. And Green was getting upset that Mitchell's charity work was starting to get recognition, and he thought it was upstaging his own and he (Green) was losing his status as the most charitable person on the team. Mitchell didn't have a problem with Green really as much as Green did with Mitchell.

I mean it's true that Snyder and Cerrato were enticed by the appeal of Deion, but actually letting Mitchell go was largely influenced by Green.
Dang. I did not know any of this. Pretty sad.

If this is true, why is B. Mitch. angry with the Redskins so much, when his anger really should be targeted at Green? I'm not doubting you SS, just asking.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #36
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Man View Post
Darrell Green= 20 year face of the franchise, NFL's fastest man, 1st ballot HOF, perennial all-pro, pivotal to our 1987 super bowl run, etc.

vs.

Brian Mitchell= Loud mouthed Special Teams player, solid return man, never more than a third down running back!

Who should the franchise have sided with? Besides, I have a hard time believing that Darrell Green was petty about charity work recogintion. That seems a little far fetched...imo.
No denying Green's enormous impact on the field. And his charity work is extremely commendable, but he definitely had/has a dark side to him. Mitchell has a "tell it like it is" somewhat uncivilized manner that doesn't appeal to people. I get annoyed by him myself. And there are some unsavory aspects about his character as well. But he probably shouldn't have been dismissed quite the way he was.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #37
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Dang. I did not know any of this. Pretty sad.

If this is true, why is B. Mitch. angry with the Redskins so much, when his anger really should be targeted at Green? I'm not doubting you SS, just asking.
Well, Mitchell is generally a somewhat combative person. But he's not as upset with the Redskins as people seem to think, I mean he did come back and retire with them.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #38
Impact Rookie
 
Eknox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 528
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
I was watching NFL Network and Solmon Wilcox gave the Draft Grades for the NFC East since 2004.
1. NY Giants: A Drafted 19 starting players.
2. Eagles : B Drafted 14 starting players.
3. Cowboys: A Drafted 17 starting players.
4. Redskins : D Drafted 9 starting players.

This is why we have know young talent at the O-Line or D-Line postions, cause we like to go after other teams veteran lineman. The Last 2 offensive line we drafted higher than the 3rd round since 2000 has to be Samuels and Jansen. Thats a D** Shame.

Anyone think we should be a more defensive mind team like Baltimore, Steelers,and Titans. If we focus mainly on our defense by strengthen our DE, and Linebackers this would give us a solid top 5 defense. Lets face it we have not had a scoring offense since maybe Nov Turner. This is just a thought guys because we just dont have enough picks to fill all the holes so lets just try to draft for our defense to keep us in games. Next year we draft strictly for the O-line. 1step and 1 year at a time. Lets be real its going to take some time to fix this mess.
Solomon Wilcox is a Redskins Hater, he almost burst out in tears when he heard how much Haynesworth was getting. I listen to him on some things and he makes a lot of sense, but when it comes to The Redskins he's bitter anyway..so f#@$ Soli....
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #39
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Can't expect a good draft grade when you do not meet your team's critical needs. I still am pissed over what the '06? draft when we drafted 2 or 3 RBs when we already had Portis, Betts, the Rock, while we were, as always, hurting for linemen and DBs for depth. I know the draft rags are saying we are going to get a DE or DT, but I think we really need our top pick to be a T or G.
Well, then you're angry over nothing. We didn't draft any RBs in 2006. Actually, we haven't drafted a RB for quite some time. We drafted 2 fullbacks in 2005. Maybe that's what you're thinking of. It's been 7 years now since we drafted a tailback - Ladell Betts in '02.

I'd like to see us draft a RB this year. I've said it before - I think guys like Javon Ringer and Kory Sheets can turn into Leon Washington/Darren Sproles type players in NFL.
__________________
Insert witty signature here

Last edited by GMScud; 04-19-2009 at 07:07 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #40
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,526
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eknox View Post
Solomon Wilcox is a Redskins Hater, he almost burst out in tears when he heard how much Haynesworth was getting. I listen to him on some things and he makes a lot of sense, but when it comes to The Redskins he's bitter anyway..so f#@$ Soli....
If I spent most of my playing career as a backup in Cincinnati, I'd be bitter, too.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #41
Impact Rookie
 
Eknox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 528
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
If I spent most of my playing career as a backup in Cincinnati, I'd be bitter, too.
Good point..
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #42
Special Teams
 
mrreddman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: alexandria va
Posts: 117
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Hey SS, I believe you all the way. Ive heard from more than enough people that know
D Green and they say he ain't all the smiling nice guy we all see on t.v.
As for B Mitch. I never knew about the beef with D Green but I know personally of some character issues with him too. That said I rooted for and loved them both as a fan of the skins and what they do off the field is their business.
mrreddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #43
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,526
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
No denying Green's enormous impact on the field. And his charity work is extremely commendable, but he definitely had/has a dark side to him. Mitchell has a "tell it like it is" somewhat uncivilized manner that doesn't appeal to people. I get annoyed by him myself. And there are some unsavory aspects about his character as well. But he probably shouldn't have been dismissed quite the way he was.
No one is all bright side and no dark side. In this case, it is sad that it had to split the team.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #44
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreddman View Post
Hey SS, I believe you all the way. Ive heard from more than enough people that know
D Green and they say he ain't all the smiling nice guy we all see on t.v.
As for B Mitch. I never knew about the beef with D Green but I know personally of some character issues with him too. That said I rooted for and loved them both as a fan of the skins and what they do off the field is their business.
Yup...unfortunately I got stuck in the middle of their off the field business on more than one occasion, not pleasant
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #45
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: NEW!! Improved Front Office Strategy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yup...unfortunately I got stuck in the middle of their off the field business on more than one occasion, not pleasant
the vagueness is killing my inner whoredom for football gossip
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35599 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25