Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #46
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
A kicker in the 5th? Gotta wonder about that logic.
Yeah, it's almost like drafting a punter in the 6th... oh wait...
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #47
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,985
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah, it's almost like drafting a punter in the 6th... oh wait...
Except we didn't have a good punter when we did that. They basically just totally wasted a pick. They may as well have drafted me.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #48
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah, it's almost like drafting a punter in the 6th... oh wait...
Well at least we had the need for one. Dallas doesn't need a new kicker. At least not bad enough to justify using a 5th rounder.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #49
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Except we didn't have a good punter when we did that. They basically just totally wasted a pick. They may as well have drafted me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Well at least we had the need for one. Dallas doesn't need a new kicker. At least not bad enough to justify using a 5th rounder.
I know, I know, I just like to poke fun at the Durant Brooks pick.

Dallas had a head scratching draft, and a big part of it was a function of how much they overpaid for Roy Williams. That LB they got with their first pick could be alright, but apparently he's more of a workout guy than a football player.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #50
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

effin cowherd is sitting here saying that the cowboys are drafting for depth, had a great draft, will have at least 6 contributors, said they will be so much better than last year, even if they don't make the playoffs, cowboys didn't need to draft any stars.. umm they weren't in position to, unless they traded up, did he watch their war room feed? then he was bitching about skins fans e-mailing him

made fun of us for picking early instead of waiting the picks out.. but I heard we did talk about trade down scenarios, his bitch ass wasn't in the war room
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,960
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
effin cowherd is sitting here saying that the cowboys are drafting for depth, had a great draft, will have at least 6 contributors, said they will be so much better than last year, even if they don't make the playoffs, cowboys didn't need to draft any stars.. umm they weren't in position to, unless they traded up, did he watch their war room feed? then he was bitching about skins fans e-mailing him

made fun of us for picking early instead of waiting the picks out.. but I heard we did talk about trade down scenarios, his bitch ass wasn't in the war room
Quit listening to that clown already. You can count on him doing anything he can to rile Redskins fans up. Everyone has panned the Cowboys draft so why would he do anything but the contrary other than just to get people's dander up? Save your brain cells man, listen to some jazz or something for those couple of hours. Your brain will thank you.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #52
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Quit listening to that clown already. You can count on him doing anything he can to rile Redskins fans up. Everyone has panned the Cowboys draft so why would he do anything but the contrary other than just to get people's dander up? Save your brain cells man, listen to some jazz or something for those couple of hours. Your brain will thank you.
was flipping through the channels and first thing I heard was Redskins, so naturally I stayed there.. but yes, as much as I can try not too be too big of a homer, cowherd is a turd
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #53
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Teams talk throughout the draft, not just when they are on the clock. And of course they talk prior to the draft and line up possible trade scenarios. That's what makes Cowturd's take today even more laughable.

In addition, wasn't this the quickest first round in a long time? I guess a lot of teams drafted "too quick".

Cowturd = retard.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #54
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,985
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Cowherd is actually the defintion of Olberman's Worst Person on the Planet. No exaggeration, my 5 year has better insights into sports than he does. As long as he is employed by ESPN they should be ashamed.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #55
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Cowherd is actually the defintion of Olberman's Worst Person on the Planet. No exaggeration, my 5 year has better insights into sports than he does. As long as he is employed by ESPN they should be ashamed.
He's still the only one praising the Cowboys' draft, everyone else is saying it was horrible, didn't fit what they needed, etc.. heh
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #56
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Yeah the consensus seems to be that Dallas had a bad draft, yet Cowtard loves it. Figures.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #57
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,985
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Projecting out accurately is impossible so grading drafts is for the birds to me but with Dallas you can look past projecting and make a factual statement that they drafted someone, used an asset of great scarcity, on a player who has no chance to make the team. Zero. You don't draft a kicker when you already have an established one. There are two positions on the team that are singular positions in need of no depth or youth, punter and kicker. You draft one when you don't have a good one. When you do have a good one you don't draft another one. This isn't a philosophy this is a freaking fact. That is the dumbest draft pick in the history of football. No exaggeration. If they actually have a camp competition and Folk "loses" then we can all welcome our new kicker.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #58
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah the consensus seems to be that Dallas had a bad draft, yet Cowtard loves it. Figures.

LOL...he must know something about the Michael Irving TV reality show,were the winner gets a spot on the Cowboys roster for camp.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #59
Special Teams
 
DIRTEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 256
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

I thought Green Bay had a nice draft. We should pay attention to their waiver wire for OL.
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #60
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Around The League: Whose Draft Was Most Impressive?

As is the case almost every year, the Eagles, Giants, and Patriots appear to have had excellent drafts. My biggest surprise is that Scott Pioli didnt appear to have as good of a draft as i had assumed he would and the Bengals may have had the best draft of all... but then none of these players have stepped on the field. For all we know Orakpo will be the biggest bust ever and that projected UDFA safety the Raiders took in the 2nd will be defensive rookie of the year.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26978 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25