Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Most Likely First Round Bust

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #61
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,759
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Since I started the thread I will return now to...Vontae Davis. They say the guy refuses to be coached. That is an NFL kiss of death. He'll end up being burned more times than a church candle.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #62
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,419
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Since I started the thread I will return now to...Vontae Davis. They say the guy refuses to be coached. That is an NFL kiss of death. He'll end up being burned more times than a church candle.
I do not remember where I read this , but at the combine , he was very fast , but was about as stiff as a MLB in his hips . This is one guy Im glad we did not pick !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:09 AM   #63
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post

I don't like the Beanie Wells pick much.
Why? I think he will do very well for Arizona. Will be a 1000 yard back very soon for them.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #64
Camp Scrub
 
pick-ups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 31
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Yeah Vontae is very raw as far as a CB
pick-ups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #65
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,707
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Odds should be on Stafford but I like his intangibles as well as the fact that he gets to throw to Calvin Johnson who's one of the few recievers in the league that can make a QB good as opposed to the other way around.

Heyward Bey though is my choice. Poor QB play, average production in college, average route running ability, need I say more?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:43 AM   #66
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,953
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Going with Sanchez. Eager to see how the tackle from Baylor plays as well. Matt Stafford has the talent of an expansion team around him(exception of C. Johnson), so him not performing wouldnt be a surprise, but not entirely his fault.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #67
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,563
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Going with Sanchez. Eager to see how the tackle from Baylor plays as well. Matt Stafford has the talent of an expansion team around him(exception of C. Johnson), so him not performing wouldnt be a surprise, but not entirely his fault.
I was thinking the same thing. For the first tackle chosen, in the market he played in, I think he'll be a bust by his draft status only. Sure, he might start, but selected that high I can't see him being a linchpin of a line.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #68
The Starter
 
TheSmurfs22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,165
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup's Uncle View Post
I think Matthew Stafford is gonna get killed in Detroit. He's my bust pick.
~~~~~
That is my pick too. He is going to be eating a lot of turf.
TheSmurfs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #69
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

My picks

Top 5 Easy one's

1.- Matthew Stafford I just don't see it.. in all the college film I've seen he was just OK. he might end up being that Just OK but for the 1st pick he will never live up to the hype

2.- H-B Talk about a reach the guy wasn't even projected to be picked in the first round but Al doesn't think straight when he see's speed. Stupid pick the kid has no hands.

3.- Josh Freeman people get in-love with the new thing in the NFL no way he was worth a first round pick the kid is a Q.Carter waiting to happen.

4.- Vontae Davis no hips stiff as a rock they guy will get burned as a regular baisis

5.- Tyson Jackson smells like another Vernon Gholston another twinner LB that we ddin't knew nothing about until the combine. Over Hyped not too much production.

Special Bonus

Brian Orakpo look guys it didn't had too do anything with you guys picking this dude I didn't liked the player since I watched him and saw all the highlights and other reports. I see a guy with tons of talent not too much motivation just looking for the big Payday... for me he reminds me of Ebenezer Ekuban of Dallas or other players that looked like freaks of nature that could destroyed the other opposition but didn't... The fact is that at Texas he took a lot of plays off couldn't beat good LT and wasn't great Against the Run I said thsi before the draft in other boards before the pick came. Know that I'm going to get trashed but hey I always tell yo uguys like I See it I'm not goignt to stop now.

2nd round pick I like.

Maualuga, Rey -Cin I still don't know how Cushing and Matthews went before this guy he was the LB corps of USC for me he was the best ILB in the draft and he might be the next Rey Lewis to bad he got Cin as a home but man he was a freak at college and showed all the explosion you want in your ILB.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #70
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,759
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
My picks

Top 5 Easy one's

1.- Matthew Stafford I just don't see it.. in all the college film I've seen he was just OK. he might end up being that Just OK but for the 1st pick he will never live up to the hype

2.- H-B Talk about a reach the guy wasn't even projected to be picked in the first round but Al doesn't think straight when he see's speed. Stupid pick the kid has no hands.

3.- Josh Freeman people get in-love with the new thing in the NFL no way he was worth a first round pick the kid is a Q.Carter waiting to happen.

4.- Vontae Davis no hips stiff as a rock they guy will get burned as a regular baisis

5.- Tyson Jackson smells like another Vernon Gholston another twinner LB that we ddin't knew nothing about until the combine. Over Hyped not too much production.

Special Bonus

Brian Orakpo look guys it didn't had too do anything with you guys picking this dude I didn't liked the player since I watched him and saw all the highlights and other reports. I see a guy with tons of talent not too much motivation just looking for the big Payday... for me he reminds me of Ebenezer Ekuban of Dallas or other players that looked like freaks of nature that could destroyed the other opposition but didn't... The fact is that at Texas he took a lot of plays off couldn't beat good LT and wasn't great Against the Run I said thsi before the draft in other boards before the pick came. Know that I'm going to get trashed but hey I always tell yo uguys like I See it I'm not goignt to stop now.

2nd round pick I like.

Maualuga, Rey -Cin I still don't know how Cushing and Matthews went before this guy he was the LB corps of USC for me he was the best ILB in the draft and he might be the next Rey Lewis to bad he got Cin as a home but man he was a freak at college and showed all the explosion you want in your ILB.
My understanding is that KC intends Jackson exclusively as a hand-down 3-4 DE, not as a tweener.

It is likely good for us to get a reality check regarding Orakpo. However, leaving the Redskins FO out of it, your views on him are not widely shared among non-Redskins evaluators. We'll see.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #71
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
My picks

Top 5 Easy one's

1.- Matthew Stafford I just don't see it.. in all the college film I've seen he was just OK. he might end up being that Just OK but for the 1st pick he will never live up to the hype

2.- H-B Talk about a reach the guy wasn't even projected to be picked in the first round but Al doesn't think straight when he see's speed. Stupid pick the kid has no hands.

3.- Josh Freeman people get in-love with the new thing in the NFL no way he was worth a first round pick the kid is a Q.Carter waiting to happen.

4.- Vontae Davis no hips stiff as a rock they guy will get burned as a regular baisis

5.- Tyson Jackson smells like another Vernon Gholston another twinner LB that we ddin't knew nothing about until the combine. Over Hyped not too much production.

Special Bonus

Brian Orakpo look guys it didn't had too do anything with you guys picking this dude I didn't liked the player since I watched him and saw all the highlights and other reports. I see a guy with tons of talent not too much motivation just looking for the big Payday... for me he reminds me of Ebenezer Ekuban of Dallas or other players that looked like freaks of nature that could destroyed the other opposition but didn't... The fact is that at Texas he took a lot of plays off couldn't beat good LT and wasn't great Against the Run I said thsi before the draft in other boards before the pick came. Know that I'm going to get trashed but hey I always tell yo uguys like I See it I'm not goignt to stop now.

2nd round pick I like.

Maualuga, Rey -Cin I still don't know how Cushing and Matthews went before this guy he was the LB corps of USC for me he was the best ILB in the draft and he might be the next Rey Lewis to bad he got Cin as a home but man he was a freak at college and showed all the explosion you want in your ILB.
You mean the DE we drafted to play LB? I dont know if you could call him a bust when he is transitioning to a LB, he is more of a "project".
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #72
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,393
Talking Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

I would say the most likely first round "bust" would be the Cowgirls. They haven't won a playoff game in....12 or 13 years right? Of course that's assuming they even get that far.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"

Last edited by 53Fan; 06-29-2009 at 11:31 PM.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #73
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
You mean the DE we drafted to play LB? I dont know if you could call him a bust when he is transitioning to a LB, he is more of a "project".
The thread is most likely to bust and players that are transitioning from De to LB are most likely to bust also specially if they haven't shown they have that type of agility.

Example. NYG Mathias Kiwanuka he was a DE moved to LB in the 4-3 not the 3-4 like Okampo and he has been bad to average at least. his best year came this past one when he played a lot of downs as DE because of Ozi Injury... but still not 1st round pick numbers.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #74
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

I can't get upset w/DBoyz for his prediction of Orakpo. Fact is, predicting a 1st round DE will be a bust is about a 50/50 proposition. So many of them don't pan out or are just avg, so it's not as if he's making some bold prediction.

But the real reason I can't say too much about it, is that I had my doubts about Orakpo during the draft coverage. I watched him play some, but not a great deal. He never seemed a really dominant player. The one thing that's grown on me about him though is his IQ & character. Don't underestimate that, smart guys have foresight & will more than likely realize what they need to do to be successful.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #75
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Most Likely First Round Bust

Mark Sanchez.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37848 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25