Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #181
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

Sometimes I watch Tebow and I think this could really change the sport. Other times I see him and I think sure he'd be nice to have on the team as some sort of hybrid back but I'd rather have Clausen, McCoy, or Robinson as my QB
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #182
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Listening to Tony Dungy on Espn today. When asked who would be his pick of any QB avaliable in the upcoming draft, his reponse was "Tim Tebow. He is a superior leader, smart, adequate passer and adds a running threat. Quality team guy and character".
This may be an option worth thinking about for the Skins as he may not command a high draft pick. Our line for some time will not be All-pro and our FRANCISE qb may not be available for a year or two?
Tebow can buy time in and out of the pocket. He adds the running dimension. And we can adopt our own version of the Wildcat, until some of our components come together during the "rebuilding of the Redskin empire".
During the turn-around, he may be the stop-gap answer

Didn't Dungy draft some horrible QB's in Tampa, like Shaun King? Did he draft Dilfer too? Worse than that he continued to play Shaun King.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #183
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,444
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

He may have, but.............he knows a thing or two about talent and....Winning
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #184
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

I really like Tebow and he has all of the intangibles (which is really skills that can't be measured by stats or easily analyzed with x and o's) of a great nfl qb. BUT he currently wouldn't be a good fit for the redskins because of his quarterbacking style - unless the redskins rebuild the offense around him (which could be an option, if you have the patience to rebuild the offense).

You have to assume that his style of play will not change coming out of college. This is the style he is used to and will lean on when he runs into problems. If you prefer an offense that has a quarterback which looks to run the ball, then Tebow should be your number 1 pick.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #185
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

Today Tebow broke Herschel Walker's SEC rushing TD record (50), and set the all time rushing yardage record in the SEC (2,567). Stomped on UGA yet again. Oh, and by the way, he threw a pair of TDs, one of which was a perfect touch pass to the corner of the endzone where only Riley Cooper could haul it in. My boy can ball.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #186
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Didn't Dungy draft some horrible QB's in Tampa, like Shaun King? Did he draft Dilfer too? Worse than that he continued to play Shaun King.
Didnt he also build one of the NFL's alltime laughingstocks into a SB winner? Ill let him slide on King.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #187
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Today Tebow broke Herschel Walker's SEC rushing TD record (50), and set the all time rushing yardage record in the SEC (2,567). Stomped on UGA yet again. Oh, and by the way, he threw a pair of TDs, one of which was a perfect touch pass to the corner of the endzone where only Riley Cooper could haul it in. My boy can ball.
That's why we need to draft Tebow to be our next running back...and then trade him in a year for like 8 draft picks and 4 players
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #188
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Sometimes I watch Tebow and I think this could really change the sport. Other times I see him and I think sure he'd be nice to have on the team as some sort of hybrid back but I'd rather have Clausen, McCoy, or Robinson as my QB

yea, i'm with you smoot. personally,i like McCoy.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #189
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

i dont really like tebow, as a matter of fact i dont like many players who are hyped this much, but he is an amazing player and would be great for our team. id love if we drafted him.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #190
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Listening to Tony Dungy on Espn today. When asked who would be his pick of any QB avaliable in the upcoming draft, his reponse was "Tim Tebow. He is a superior leader, smart, adequate passer and adds a running threat. Quality team guy and character".
This may be an option worth thinking about for the Skins as he may not command a high draft pick. Our line for some time will not be All-pro and our FRANCISE qb may not be available for a year or two?
Tebow can buy time in and out of the pocket. He adds the running dimension. And we can adopt our own version of the Wildcat, until some of our components come together during the "rebuilding of the Redskin empire".
During the turn-around, he may be the stop-gap answer we need
I think that it has more to do with their shared faith honestly.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #191
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,444
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I think that it has more to do with their shared faith honestly.
Tony has the credentials that would suggest otherwise.....
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #192
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

I really don't know, but the boy can play some football.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #193
Special Teams
 
twinskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 141
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

Hellllllllll no
twinskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #194
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinskinsfan View Post
Hellllllllll no
That's constructive.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #195
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,390
Re: Tebow: Is he the Redskins solution?

I am all about getting Tebow because he could fall to the second round or low first we could trade up and get him spend our high first on a O lineman
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39022 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25