Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #46
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,487
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Not meaning to piss on your thread but he ran over Notre Dame for crying out loud. They might have the worst defense in the history of Div. 1 football. That was one of the worst displays on tackling I've ever seen. Gerhart is not going to be running over NFL LB's. Let's go get some linemen before we draft a RB. I'd be more than happy with Mason, Cartwright and a speed back. As for Harbaugh I'd say we pass cause he doesn't have any NFL coaching experience. Does he? No more college cocahes!
I guess Oregon, USC and all the other Pac-10 teams Defenses suck too? As for coaching experience, his dad was a Western Kentucky coach, brother is Ravens coach, played in the NFL for many years and tutored players, this guy has winner written all over him. Mark my words, someone will take a chance on him and will be very glad they did.

Coaching career

During his final eight seasons in the NFL (1994-2001), Harbaugh was an NCAA-certified unpaid assistant coach under his father, Jack, at Western Kentucky University. Serving as an offensive consultant, he scouted and recruited high school student-athletes throughout several states including Florida, Indiana and Illinois. He was involved in recruiting 17 players on WKU's 2002 Division I-AA national champion team. His father was a football coach for 18 years, including 14 years as head coach at WKU.

Harbaugh was an assistant coach with the Oakland Raiders in 2002-2003. In 2002 he was an offensive assistant coach, and in 2003 he was the quarterbacks coach.

Prior to the 2004 season, Harbaugh was named head football coach at the University of San Diego. In his first year, he directed the Toreros to an overall mark of 7-4, including 5 straight wins to end the season. The following year, the team improved to 11-1 and won the 2005 Pioneer Football League Championship. In 2006, USD again went 11-1 winning their second consecutive Pioneer League title in the process.

On December 18, 2006, Harbaugh was named the head football coach at Stanford University, replacing Walt Harris. Harbaugh's father, Jack, was Stanford's defensive coordinator from 1980-1981, while Harbaugh attended Palo Alto High School, located directly across the street from Stanford Stadium.[1]

Harbaugh stirred some intra-conference controversy in March 2007, when he was quoted as saying rival-USC coach "Pete Carroll's only got one more year, though. He'll be there one more year. That's what I've heard. I heard it inside the staff." Upon further questions, Harbaugh claimed he had heard it from staff at USC. The comment caused a rebuke from Carroll.[2] At the Pacific 10 Conference media day on July 26, 2007, Harbaugh praised the Trojans, stating "There is no question in my mind that USC is the best team in the country and may be the best team in the history of college football." The declaration, especially in light of his earlier comment, garnered more media attention.[3][4] Later in the season, Stanford defeated #1 USC 24-23 with a touchdown in the final minute. With USC being the favorite by 41 points, it was statistically the greatest upset in college football history. Although Stanford lost to USC in 2008, Harbaugh and the Stanford Cardinal upset USC at home again with a score of 55-21 on November 15 2009. [5] Stanford's 55 points are most ever scored on USC in Trojan history. It was Pete Carroll's first November loss as coach of the Trojans.

In January 2009, Harbaugh was confirmed to have been interviewed by the New York Jets for the head coach position[6], although the job was eventually offered to Rex Ryan[7].
[edit] Head coaching record
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #47
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Gerhart is solid, but here's another guy who could be a strong mid-round pick for us



Anthony Dixon Stats, News, Photos - Mississippi State Bulldogs - NCAA College Football - ESPN
0 fumbles for his career too. Looks like a prospect.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #48
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I guess Oregon, USC and all the other Pac-10 teams Defenses suck too? As for coaching experience, his dad was a Western Kentucky coach, brother is Ravens coach, played in the NFL for many years and tutored players, this guy has winner written all over him. Mark my words, someone will take a chance on him and will be very glad they did.

Coaching career

During his final eight seasons in the NFL (1994-2001), Harbaugh was an NCAA-certified unpaid assistant coach under his father, Jack, at Western Kentucky University. Serving as an offensive consultant, he scouted and recruited high school student-athletes throughout several states including Florida, Indiana and Illinois. He was involved in recruiting 17 players on WKU's 2002 Division I-AA national champion team. His father was a football coach for 18 years, including 14 years as head coach at WKU.

Harbaugh was an assistant coach with the Oakland Raiders in 2002-2003. In 2002 he was an offensive assistant coach, and in 2003 he was the quarterbacks coach.

Prior to the 2004 season, Harbaugh was named head football coach at the University of San Diego. In his first year, he directed the Toreros to an overall mark of 7-4, including 5 straight wins to end the season. The following year, the team improved to 11-1 and won the 2005 Pioneer Football League Championship. In 2006, USD again went 11-1 winning their second consecutive Pioneer League title in the process.

On December 18, 2006, Harbaugh was named the head football coach at Stanford University, replacing Walt Harris. Harbaugh's father, Jack, was Stanford's defensive coordinator from 1980-1981, while Harbaugh attended Palo Alto High School, located directly across the street from Stanford Stadium.[1]

Harbaugh stirred some intra-conference controversy in March 2007, when he was quoted as saying rival-USC coach "Pete Carroll's only got one more year, though. He'll be there one more year. That's what I've heard. I heard it inside the staff." Upon further questions, Harbaugh claimed he had heard it from staff at USC. The comment caused a rebuke from Carroll.[2] At the Pacific 10 Conference media day on July 26, 2007, Harbaugh praised the Trojans, stating "There is no question in my mind that USC is the best team in the country and may be the best team in the history of college football." The declaration, especially in light of his earlier comment, garnered more media attention.[3][4] Later in the season, Stanford defeated #1 USC 24-23 with a touchdown in the final minute. With USC being the favorite by 41 points, it was statistically the greatest upset in college football history. Although Stanford lost to USC in 2008, Harbaugh and the Stanford Cardinal upset USC at home again with a score of 55-21 on November 15 2009. [5] Stanford's 55 points are most ever scored on USC in Trojan history. It was Pete Carroll's first November loss as coach of the Trojans.

In January 2009, Harbaugh was confirmed to have been interviewed by the New York Jets for the head coach position[6], although the job was eventually offered to Rex Ryan[7].
[edit] Head coaching record
He'll be a NFL coach sooner or later. I'll bet your bottom dollar.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #49
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,700
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I can't believe that someone is going to pick this guy in the first or second round to play QB. Amazing.
I still can't believe that he, not Darren McFadden, won the Heisman.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #50
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Gerhart is solid, but here's another guy who could be a strong mid-round pick for us



Anthony Dixon Stats, News, Photos - Mississippi State Bulldogs - NCAA College Football - ESPN
Big, Big Dixon fan. I think he's the next big -time runner in the NFL.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #51
Camp Scrub
 
redskin4n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 20
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trample the elderly View Post
i was just about to e-mail you. Man your boy is a beast. When he ran over those lbs i thought i was going to knock over the christmas tree. My dog is still pissed.
lmao
redskin4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #52
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

That Dixon run is all effort, kinda reminds me of this classic

YouTube - Reggie Brooks TD
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #53
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
That Dixon run is all effort, kinda reminds me of this classic

YouTube - Reggie Brooks TD
Brooks looks like a human pinball in that clip. Great effort!
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #54
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Clausen would need a way better situation than we could offer him to be successful. So much of his success at Notre Dame was throwing jump balls into obvious mismatches.

Clausen is virtually certain to be one of the first two QBs taken, and I have to imagine he'll go to a team that can offer him more help than we can.

It's really all Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow in the first round (Tebow though is going between the 23rd and 32nd pick, so he probably shouldn't concern us), and then in the second, I'd look at Pike or Lefeveour.
Big fan of Tony Pike. I'd really like to snag him, as long as we're not running a WCO in the coming years.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #55
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Both Pike and Lefevour are Brian Kelly quarterbacks, and best suited for a vertical offense. But they'd do just fine in a WCO as well.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #56
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,194
Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Big fan of Tony Pike. I'd really like to snag him, as long as we're not running a WCO in the coming years.
i love pike, but he is fragile he needs a good line, but damn does he look good back there he kicked ass this weekend with 6 tds in his first game back, i have been saying pike will be a great nfl qb for a while and i hope we get him in the second round or 3rd if he falls that far, he is legit
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29471 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25