Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Dream Draft

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #31
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Dream Draft

I am happy we picked up Jarmon. He benefitted from learning under Phillip Daniels and if he happens to train with Daniels in the offseason he will be very strong next season.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 44
Posts: 3,392
Re: Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I am happy we picked up Jarmon. He benefitted from learning under Phillip Daniels and if he happens to train with Daniels in the offseason he will be very strong next season.

Me to, I just hope Daniels ain't back next year we need to get younger although i think he would be good in a 3-4.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #33
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Dream Draft

Jarmon is about 20-50 pounds too light in the ass to play DE in the 3-4
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #34
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,077
Re: Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Jarmon is about 20-50 pounds too light in the ass to play DE in the 3-4
If the Skins go to a 3-4 defense, the real question might be if Jarmon can play linebacker in that defense. He would have good size and skills for that position. For example, the starting OLB's in the Ravens' 3-4 defense are Jarret Johnson at 6-3, 265 and Terrell Suggs at 6-3, 260.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #35
Special Teams
 
ChickenMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario,Ca
Age: 40
Posts: 274
Re: Dream Draft

1st round#8 OT Anthony Davis(Trade w/Buffalo Bills)add 2nd Round#41
2nd Round#37 QB Tony Pike
2nd Round#41 FS Morgan Burnett
4th Round#101 DT Vince Oghobaase
5th Round#132 OG Mitch Petrus
7th Round#196 OT Tony Washington

Buffalo Coach Gailey's first priority is finding QB(Chan Gailey looking for starting QB of future for Buffalo Bills - ESPN)
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #36
Special Teams
 
LandrySlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AFGHANISTAN
Posts: 334
Re: Dream Draft

I had a dream last night that the Cardinals trade up with us to get a new QB, and we get a good tackle late in the draft!
__________________
Don't tase me bro!!!!
LandrySlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #37
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,132
Re: Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
If the Skins go to a 3-4 defense, the real question might be if Jarmon can play linebacker in that defense. He would have good size and skills for that position. For example, the starting OLB's in the Ravens' 3-4 defense are Jarret Johnson at 6-3, 265 and Terrell Suggs at 6-3, 260.
I think it depends on Jarmons ability to drop in coverage and lateral quickness to move to LB in the 3-4. He would need to drop down around 260 and he might benefit with some added quickness. In the 3-4 is London a good fit a the ILB spot?
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:12 AM   #38
Camp Scrub
 
rao2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
Re: Dream Draft

switch 1st round pick with buffalo at 9 and also get their second round pick over all number 41 and with the 9th pick select Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
__________________
Sean Taylor you will be missed forever
rao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #39
Special Teams
 
LandrySlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AFGHANISTAN
Posts: 334
Re: Dream Draft

^ I like that idea as well, and knowing how bad Buffalo needs a top QB prospect, I actually see this happening, and I am happy with those kind of results!
__________________
Don't tase me bro!!!!
LandrySlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #40
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,077
Re: Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao2 View Post
switch 1st round pick with buffalo at 9 and also get their second round pick over all number 41 and with the 9th pick select Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
If Gailey's top priority is finding a franchise QB and the guy he wants is still on the board at #4, I think we could rip the Bills for more than just #9 and #41. We should demand their third round pick as well. The chance to draft a franchise QB demands a premium.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #41
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,077
Re: Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
I think it depends on Jarmons ability to drop in coverage and lateral quickness to move to LB in the 3-4. He would need to drop down around 260 and he might benefit with some added quickness. In the 3-4 is London a good fit a the ILB spot?
On paper, no. But I would expect that he could make the transition if he must. London Fletcher is a great player. I would expect him to play well in any system.

Also, it's hard to replace the on-field leadership he provides, so I'd expect that the Redskins would want him to stay with them as a 3-4 ILB. But I wouldn't be totally shocked if he asked to be traded if the Skins drop the 4-3 as their base set. That's because he's always been a MLB in a 4-3 defense and he may not be comfortable in making the transition this late in his career.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #42
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Jarmon weighs 274, they said the main thing he needed to do was bulk up, because his bench press was very weak. that says to me that he could easily get to the 280s. I think hr could be a good fit as a DE in a 3-4.
Most 3-4 ends weigh about 300 pounds. I think it would be a lot to ask Jarmon to add 15-25 pounds. Also, if he wasn't considered strong for a 4-3 end, he'd be considered a weakling as a 3-4 end.

He's much closer in size to a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 end.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #43
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
On paper, no. But I would expect that he could make the transition if he must. London Fletcher is a great player. I would expect him to play well in any system.

Also, it's hard to replace the on-field leadership he provides, so I'd expect that the Redskins would want him to stay with them as a 3-4 ILB. But I wouldn't be totally shocked if he asked to be traded if the Skins drop the 4-3 as their base set. That's because he's always been a MLB in a 4-3 defense and he may not be comfortable in making the transition this late in his career.
Good point. Small ILB's usually don't project well in the 3-4, but there's a difference between "small" and "short". With his weight and tenacity I would imagine he'd play well. As you mentioned, whether he'd want to or not is another question.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #44
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
If the Skins go to a 3-4 defense, the real question might be if Jarmon can play linebacker in that defense. He would have good size and skills for that position. For example, the starting OLB's in the Ravens' 3-4 defense are Jarret Johnson at 6-3, 265 and Terrell Suggs at 6-3, 260.
I do not believe that he can convert. Like I have said before he has the potential to be a good DE in the 4-3 but he serves no purpose in the 3-4. He is too small to play DE and does not posess the natural skills to play LB.

Last edited by KLHJ2; 01-22-2010 at 10:46 AM.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #45
Special Teams
 
skinsfan242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 152
Re: Dream Draft

I like like Buffalo Scenario too: Here's my draft if that happens

1st round#9 Rolando McClain* ILB 6'4" 248 Alabama (Too good at 9 to pass up. Especially if we are going 3-4)
2nd Round#37 Mike Iupati OG 6'6" 330 Idaho
2nd Round#41 Kyle Calloway OT 6'7" 318 Iowa
4th Round#101 Dan LeFevour QB 6'3" 226 Central Michigan
5th Round#132 Ben Tate RB 5'11" 211 Auburn
7th Round#196 Tony Washington OT 6'7" 300 Abilene Christian
skinsfan242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.43578 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25