Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #151
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Where did you get this info? I believe whole lot of people are predicting that either Bradford or Clausen will be the first QB to be taken..
Going into the 2009 season, a lot of people thought Snead was in a position to play himself into the #1 overall pick. He was very underwhelming though, and I think he made a mistake going pro this year.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #152
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,600
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Before this year Snead was considered easily a first round pick....
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #153
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Snead had a terrible year. But he's got a low of raw talent. Someone will take a chance on him somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round. That someone could could be Shanallenahan.

When he year started Snead was projected much higher, first round even
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #154
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Where did you get this info? I believe whole lot of people are predicting that either Bradford or Clausen will be the first QB to be taken..
He was projected to be a first round QB before the ncaa college football season had begun.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #155
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

I see.. Well, I don't usually look into those kind of stuff because many things can happen through out a season..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #156
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,734
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Snead had a terrible year. But he's got a low of raw talent. Someone will take a chance on him somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round. That someone could could be Shanallenahan.

When he year started Snead was projected much higher, first round even
Snead scares me. Sure he has a lot of great physical tools, and the poor mechanics make you think that maybe if you improve the mechanics you can improve everything else, but I keep on hearing that he has a lot of trouble reading defenses and that is a deal breaker in my mind.

Personally I would much rather have Zac Robinson. However then again why go after a QB half cocked? Why not go after the best prospects available in the first round?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #157
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Snead scares me. Sure he has a lot of great physical tools, and the poor mechanics make you think that maybe if you improve the mechanics you can improve everything else, but I keep on hearing that he has a lot of trouble reading defenses and that is a deal breaker in my mind.

Personally I would much rather have Zac Robinson. However then again why go after a QB half cocked? Why not go after the best prospects available in the first round?
I think because the need on the depth chart exceeds the need on the field. There's just not much (if anything at all) behind Campbell.

To me, the argument for taking BQBA at #4 is entirely different from the one at taking BQBA at #173 (or whatever). We wouldn't be addressing the same need.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #158
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Snead had a terrible year. But he's got a low of raw talent. Someone will take a chance on him somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round. That someone could could be Shanallenahan.

When he year started Snead was projected much higher, first round even
Generally speaking, I would expect players who are supremely skilled to have their talent show through at the college level at some point, even if inconsistently over a career. Based on the available evidence, which includes a disappointing transfer, a wildly inconsistent debut season at Ole Miss, followed by a terribly disappointing one, I have only to conclude that Snead is either really, really unlucky, or not very talented.

By coming out early, he leaves that dualism unanswered, which is probably his best bet to get drafted.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #159
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,813
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I must admit that as time goes by the thought of drafting Bradford does get me excited. I think he has what it takes to be a very, very good QB. But then with the annoucement of Russ Grimm going into the HOF, I think again of how much we need a good OL. I read somewhere about how amazing it is that JC's numbers went up playing behind possibly one of the worse OL's in history. With the Hogs, it really didn't matter that we didn't have a franchise QB. And behind the Hogs, even someone like Timmy Smith could run for over 200 yards in the Super Bowl. How much better would JC be, or one of our RB's be running behind a great o-line? It would be nice for the first time in a long time, to be strong in the trenches so we could really know how strong our skill positions really are. I'm so tired of our o-line sucking and our QB getting eaten alive. Maybe it's all the talk about the Hogs lately.....I just wish we could be strong up front once again instead of being a joke.
QB is the most important position on the field. If Shanahan and Allen think Bradford is that good and can be let's say what Brees is then they simply have to take him, regardless of the situation with the line.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #160
Camp Scrub
 
bdubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 27
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

I think we should trade away the pick -- one of these guys will be there later in the round
bdubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #161
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I must admit that as time goes by the thought of drafting Bradford does get me excited. I think he has what it takes to be a very, very good QB. But then with the annoucement of Russ Grimm going into the HOF, I think again of how much we need a good OL. I read somewhere about how amazing it is that JC's numbers went up playing behind possibly one of the worse OL's in history. With the Hogs, it really didn't matter that we didn't have a franchise QB. And behind the Hogs, even someone like Timmy Smith could run for over 200 yards in the Super Bowl. How much better would JC be, or one of our RB's be running behind a great o-line? It would be nice for the first time in a long time, to be strong in the trenches so we could really know how strong our skill positions really are. I'm so tired of our o-line sucking and our QB getting eaten alive. Maybe it's all the talk about the Hogs lately.....I just wish we could be strong up front once again instead of being a joke.
I 100% agree with you. I keep thinking "Man Bradford sure would look good in a Skins uniform, and he looks like the real deal." Then I see fans posts and comments about this guy who say he has a glass shoulder and he played in a QB friendly system offense. Then I, like you, see that a good OL is needed for most NFL teams, except Indy, Pittsburgh, and kind of New Orleans. The reason why those teams have bad OL's and succeed is because they have the right QB back there who knows when to get rid of the ball. Which then makes you wonder, is Bradford the right QB that can get rid of the ball quickly? Who knows/then again why would you want to see if your QB's are getting slammed to the ground and Bradford has a fragile shoulder, then again on another flip side Brees really, really messed up his shoulder and he has been getting hit to the ground, but still seems to be doing just fine to me.

Thats why I think that Shanahan will make the right decision with whatever he and Bruce Allen do. We know Shanahan has been able to get good OLineman throughout the draft, but he's always needed to get a good QB. I think he'll continue this trend, and draft Bradford, then draft OLineman throught the draft and free agency. I don't know if he'll have the patience to develope a guy like Dan LeFeavor or Zac Robinson or Mike Kafka and groom him to be our QB of the future. I honestly don't care who we draft whether its a QB or an OL, just as long as its not a position we don't need.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #162
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

It's not like if we draft Bradford that we are going to ignore the Oline. We still have free agency, trades, and picks in rounds 2,4,5 and 7 to address the line. The line will be addressed,it's just a matter of how.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #163
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
It's not like if we draft Bradford that we are going to ignore the Oline. We still have free agency, trades, and picks in rounds 2,4,5 and 7 to address the line. The line will be addressed,it's just a matter of how.
I just don't understand how you could justify taking a QB at #4 (being a weak QB class according to pundits) and ignoring the disgusting play by the offensive line last season.

Given the success of first round tackles over the past few seasons, to me taking a QB with that #4 is not an option. If Okung is not available at #4, then the next best solution is to trade down and get more picks and still pick up a tackle with the first rounder.

Honestly, with the uncapped year free agency is going to be pretty bad, and most of your young talented players are going to be RFAs. Trading picks for players is something that I don't want to see happen in this team for a loong time. And to me saying "we'll take care of the line with the later rounds" sounds a lot like Vinny Cerrato.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #164
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I just don't understand how you could justify taking a QB at #4 (being a weak QB class according to pundits) and ignoring the disgusting play by the offensive line last season.

Given the success of first round tackles over the past few seasons, to me taking a QB with that #4 is not an option. If Okung is not available at #4, then the next best solution is to trade down and get more picks and still pick up a tackle with the first rounder.

Honestly, with the uncapped year free agency is going to be pretty bad, and most of your young talented players are going to be RFAs. Trading picks for players is something that I don't want to see happen in this team for a loong time. And to me saying "we'll take care of the line with the later rounds" sounds a lot like Vinny Cerrato.
1.) I never said that we should take a QB at #4.
2.) Just because it's a weak QB class doesn't mean that Bradford isn't worthy of a top ten pick (He would have been the #1 QB off the board last year if he didn't return to school)
3.)If Okung is gone and we can't trade back who do you select?
4.)Cerrato didn't really address the line with later picks, he always seemed to go for LB's and speacial team players in the later rounds.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #165
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
1.) I never said that we should take a QB at #4.
2.) Just because it's a weak QB class doesn't mean that Bradford isn't worthy of a top ten pick (He would have been the #1 QB off the board last year if he didn't return to school)
3.)If Okung is gone and we can't trade back who do you select?
4.)Cerrato didn't really address the line with later picks, he always seemed to go for LB's and speacial team players in the later rounds.
It's not just you, it seems like a everyone is saying this, "we must pick a QB at #4, we must pick a QB at #4".

I'm sure that if Bradford is there at #4, there will be some interest for that pick by a few teams that are in desperate need of a QB.

And Cerrato didn't address the line period. We always seem to pick up old lineman as a way to patch things up.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31001 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25