Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #151
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I just don't understand how you could justify taking a QB at #4 (being a weak QB class according to pundits) and ignoring the disgusting play by the offensive line last season.

Given the success of first round tackles over the past few seasons, to me taking a QB with that #4 is not an option. If Okung is not available at #4, then the next best solution is to trade down and get more picks and still pick up a tackle with the first rounder.

Honestly, with the uncapped year free agency is going to be pretty bad, and most of your young talented players are going to be RFAs. Trading picks for players is something that I don't want to see happen in this team for a loong time. And to me saying "we'll take care of the line with the later rounds" sounds a lot like Vinny Cerrato.
1.) I never said that we should take a QB at #4.
2.) Just because it's a weak QB class doesn't mean that Bradford isn't worthy of a top ten pick (He would have been the #1 QB off the board last year if he didn't return to school)
3.)If Okung is gone and we can't trade back who do you select?
4.)Cerrato didn't really address the line with later picks, he always seemed to go for LB's and speacial team players in the later rounds.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #152
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,754
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
1.) I never said that we should take a QB at #4.
2.) Just because it's a weak QB class doesn't mean that Bradford isn't worthy of a top ten pick (He would have been the #1 QB off the board last year if he didn't return to school)
3.)If Okung is gone and we can't trade back who do you select?
4.)Cerrato didn't really address the line with later picks, he always seemed to go for LB's and speacial team players in the later rounds.
It's not just you, it seems like a everyone is saying this, "we must pick a QB at #4, we must pick a QB at #4".

I'm sure that if Bradford is there at #4, there will be some interest for that pick by a few teams that are in desperate need of a QB.

And Cerrato didn't address the line period. We always seem to pick up old lineman as a way to patch things up.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #153
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,605
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
It's not like if we draft Bradford that we are going to ignore the Oline. We still have free agency, trades, and picks in rounds 2,4,5 and 7 to address the line. The line will be addressed,it's just a matter of how.
Totally with you on this.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #154
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
1.) I never said that we should take a QB at #4.
2.) Just because it's a weak QB class doesn't mean that Bradford isn't worthy of a top ten pick (He would have been the #1 QB off the board last year if he didn't return to school)
3.)If Okung is gone and we can't trade back who do you select?
4.)Cerrato didn't really address the line with later picks, he always seemed to go for LB's and speacial team players in the later rounds.
i think it is the complete opposite, there might not be a manning, or a rivers thats a lock to go number one, but as far as depth goes i have been saying for a while that there is a ton of depth at the qb position you can get a guy like snead pike, mccoy, or smoots boy from fordham, in the later rounds. i see no reason to take a qb at number 4 overall unless shanny really falls in love with him. i'm alaborad the eric berry bandwagon, but what i would love is to trade down i just don't see anyone doing that
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #155
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
1.) I never said that we should take a QB at #4.
2.) Just because it's a weak QB class doesn't mean that Bradford isn't worthy of a top ten pick (He would have been the #1 QB off the board last year if he didn't return to school)
3.)If Okung is gone and we can't trade back who do you select?
4.)Cerrato didn't really address the line with later picks, he always seemed to go for LB's and speacial team players in the later rounds.
If he's not gone, you take him. After the combine we may find that Davis, Campbell, or another LT is worth the pick if he is gone and we can't trade back. If not, there are other players/positions to consider also. Obviously Suh, Berry, McCoy and McClain can't all be gone if Okung is off the board. Joe Haden would be a nice addition also. But obviously if the staff thinks Bradford or Clausen are a once in a decade type of QB, they'll probably pick one of them. I personaly have no problem at all with taking a highly regarded LT with our first pick. I wish we would have done more of it in the last 10 years. Picking a franchise LT with the #4 pick isn't such a bad thing. If you get a chance to get a FLT you take him. If they pick a QB I can only assume they feel JC cannot win in this league, which I disagree with, and the QB they draft is going to be much better. Of course whatever they do I'll probably be behind it, I just hope it's the right thing. And I'm a big fan of Bradford.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #156
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,442
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Alright, I know I'm not a scout but whats so damn appealing about Anthony Davis besides his measureables? The fact that he is even mentioned in the same sentence as Okung is enough to make my head spin. Unless I see something else on the guy besides Todd McShay's word I'm going to have to go on record as saying that I will be very disapointed if we draft him. I mean maybe I'm wrong but compared to Okung his draft video is less then impressive.



__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #157
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Alright, I know I'm not a scout but whats so damn appealing about Anthony Davis besides his measureables? The fact that he is even mentioned in the same sentence as Okung is enough to make my head spin. Unless I see something else on the guy besides Todd McShay's word I'm going to have to go on record as saying that I will be very disapointed if we draft him. I mean maybe I'm wrong but compared to Okung his draft video is less then impressive.
i was under the impression that these guys don't really fit a typical shanny o lineman, maybe i'm wrong, it does happen
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #158
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

I would take Okung over Davis in a heartbeat. But according to a lot of people in the know, Davis came on in the latter part of his college career and has a ton of upside. I think the idea is any weakness he may have is correctable. That's the word I hear...um read. A lot of the draft is projection.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #159
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i was under the impression that these guys don't really fit a typical shanny o lineman, maybe i'm wrong, it does happen
Rutgers runs a zone blocking scheme similar to what Shanny runs.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #160
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,605
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Davis carries a lot of baggage with him. Better to take Charles Brown, in my opinion
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #161
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Davis carries a lot of baggage with him. Better to take Charles Brown, in my opinion
Personally I'd love to see Okung at LT and C. Brown at RT. Now I'm hearing that Bradfords surgery has been declared a success and he'll be involved at the combine. I hope so. I want to see how he looks but I had read before he wouldn't throw at the combine. :confused:
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #162
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,442
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Davis carries a lot of baggage with him. Better to take Charles Brown, in my opinion
Thats what I was thinking. If you watch his video on YouTube then you see a guy who's mobile and has great feet in pass protection. The advantage I see in Davis over Brown though is that Davis has a very powerful punch, however I'll take the guy with great feet over the puncher any day of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Rutgers runs a zone blocking scheme similar to what Shanny runs.
Scares me even more, but yeah I've heard that to. Ironically though I'm hearing rumblings that the big riser come combine time will be Bruce Campbell not Anthony Davis.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
i was under the impression that these guys don't really fit a typical shanny o lineman, maybe i'm wrong, it does happen

I personally think the 8 best OT's are all guys that could work in a zone blocking scheme which isn't much of a surprise given that footwork and mobility is extremely important when it comes to slotting tackles before the draft.

In short Rodger Saffold, Selvish Capers, Charles Brown, Bruce Campbell, Trent Williams, Bryan Bulaga, Russell Okung, and Anthony Davis will all fit in Shanny's offense. Personally though I see Okung, Brown, and Campbell as the best fits. Saffold is also an intriguing prospect.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #163
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post



Scares me even more, but yeah I've heard that to. Ironically though I'm hearing rumblings that the big riser come combine time will be Bruce Campbell not Anthony Davis.
That's why I say after the combine we may find there's another LT worth the pick if Okungs gone. I don't know about you guys but I'll feel alot clearer about things after the combine because alot of what I read right now is mostly opinion it seems. I'm not the type who jumps on "sudden" combine superstars but I'd at least like to see them in action or at least get something from the combine. Andre Smith really showed himself at the combine.....and it wasn't pretty.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #164
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
That's why I say after the combine we may find there's another LT worth the pick if Okungs gone. I don't know about you guys but I'll feel alot clearer about things after the combine because alot of what I read right now is mostly opinion it seems. I'm not the type who jumps on "sudden" combine superstars but I'd at least like to see them in action or at least get something from the combine. Andre Smith really showed himself at the combine.
I think the combine is important to an extent but i don't think we should go all Al Davis and draft the tallest, fastest player available.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #165
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I think the combine is important to an extent but i don't think we should go all Al Davis and draft the tallest, fastest player available.
Not at all. I agree 100%.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31522 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25