Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #331
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
ok, how can we not pick at this post!

Did I not say I was the first to raise my hand about poor grammar?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #332
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,131
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Did I not say I was the first to raise my hand about poor grammar?
I can't say that I saw a raised hand, but yes you acknowledged it. However, when you are writing a reflective post about proofing what you write, it does seem a tad odd to have that many spelling and grammar mistakes bundled tightly together.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #333
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I can't say that I saw a raised hand, but yes you acknowledged it. However, when you are writing a reflective post about proofing what you write, it does seem a tad odd to have that many spelling and grammar mistakes bundled tightly together.

True I rushed it and typed it out of Firefox, no spell check. I am sorry to you also CRedskinsRule, I live just up the road from Pasadena would you like me to bring you a blood offering as a apology as well?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #334
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I can't say that I saw a raised hand, but yes you acknowledged it. However, when you are writing a reflective post about proofing what you write, it does seem a tad odd to have that many spelling and grammar mistakes bundled tightly together.

You even proofed it!


I will be the first to raise my hand and say my grammar is pretty bad on here at times as well just take sometime to proof your post it will go along way in helping others understand what you are trying to convey.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:15 AM   #335
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,131
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
You even proofed it!


I will be the first to raise my hand and say my grammar is pretty bad on here at times as well just take sometime to proof your post it will go along way in helping others understand what you are trying to convey.
LOL, it's all good, I was just pickin' at your expense. No blood offering needed. (I was being literal on the raised hand part, anybody can type that they raised their hand, but how do we know you REALLY raised it, hmmmm???)

Anyway, your point about posts being legible and generally good grammar is spot on.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #336
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
LOL, it's all good, I was just pickin' at your expense. No blood offering needed. (I was being literal on the raised hand part, anybody can type that they raised their hand, but how do we know you REALLY raised it, hmmmm???)

Anyway, your point about posts being legible and generally good grammar is spot on.

AND FURTHER MORE!

I quickly glanced at PHazards post and actually his are not bad at all I think I was confusing him with redskins202.

Does egg look good on me? I know you can't see me. =)
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #337
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,127
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Man Vinny did horrible:
Washington Redskins

The '07 draft was pretty much a waste of time. The Redskins barely had any picks, but they did manage to select safety LaRon Landry sixth overall. The tragic loss of Sean Taylor meant that Landry had to become the main man at safety. He wasn't ready for that type of responsibility and he's never really lived up to his immense potential.

We'll see if Jim Haslett can help him reach the next level. In the second round of the '08 draft, the Skins took wide receivers Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly. Neither player has really distinguished himself, although Thomas took some important steps in '09. Kelly won the starting job coming out of training camp, but he didn't do anything with it.

Sandwiched between those two picks was former USC tight end Fred Davis. He came on strong in '09 once Chris Cooley was lost to injury. It looks like Davis will be a player. Thomas and Kelly could go either way. Unless there's a dramatic change this offseason, third-round pick Chad Rinehart will be a bust at guard.

Seventh-round pick Chris Horton was a great story early in 2008, but his star has faded a bit. Until he reclaims his starting safety spot, it's hard to call him a gem. The '09 draft was another one-hit wonder. It looks like first-round pick Brian Orakpo will be a perennial Pro Bowler. He's an excellent pass-rusher and I think he'll flourish in Haslett's 3-4 scheme. No one else in the class stood out.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #338
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,288
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Man Vinny did horrible:
Washington Redskins

The '07 draft was pretty much a waste of time. The Redskins barely had any picks, but they did manage to select safety LaRon Landry sixth overall. The tragic loss of Sean Taylor meant that Landry had to become the main man at safety. He wasn't ready for that type of responsibility and he's never really lived up to his immense potential.

We'll see if Jim Haslett can help him reach the next level. In the second round of the '08 draft, the Skins took wide receivers Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly. Neither player has really distinguished himself, although Thomas took some important steps in '09. Kelly won the starting job coming out of training camp, but he didn't do anything with it.

Sandwiched between those two picks was former USC tight end Fred Davis. He came on strong in '09 once Chris Cooley was lost to injury. It looks like Davis will be a player. Thomas and Kelly could go either way. Unless there's a dramatic change this offseason, third-round pick Chad Rinehart will be a bust at guard.

Seventh-round pick Chris Horton was a great story early in 2008, but his star has faded a bit. Until he reclaims his starting safety spot, it's hard to call him a gem. The '09 draft was another one-hit wonder. It looks like first-round pick Brian Orakpo will be a perennial Pro Bowler. He's an excellent pass-rusher and I think he'll flourish in Haslett's 3-4 scheme. No one else in the class stood out.
That's not true. Cody Glenn played well for Indy.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #339
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

What did Glenn do this year? Looks like he had 9 tackles all year... am I missing something?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #340
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

So basically "No one else in the class stood out" still holds true.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #341
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Honestly, these mocks kill me sometimes. Let's look at what they wrote about the Redskins:

Quote:
With the Redskins' evaluation of quarterback Jason Campbell very much ongoing, this pick obviously has the potential to change to the offensive tackle that Washington so desperately needs. We could go Oklahoma State tackle Russell Okung, and maybe we should. But for now, we're sticking with the headline-loving Redskins taking Bradford on the presumption that his throwing shoulder checks out healthy and Mike Shanahan falls in love with the kid during the combine interview process.
- If you say that they SHOULD take a tackle, then f'ing put it in there. I feel like some of these analysts put QB in there b/c it is the popular thing to put down.

- They put down that we should take a QB, and that's fine, but make a good argument. From a football perspective, why should the Redskins take a QB? Don't tell me we are going to take a QB b/c the Redskins are "headline-loving" (even though there's a new administration that's running the team) or that Shanahan could "fall in love" with Bradford.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #342
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,288
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
So basically "No one else in the class stood out" still holds true.
Sorry. I forgot to add a tongue-in-cheek emoticon.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #343
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,127
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
So basically "No one else in the class stood out" still holds true.
I still say Marko Mitchell should have stood out but for whatever reason be it Zorn or Hixon he never played. I honestly think the Mitchell situation was a result of poor coaching and not the type were you can say something to the effect of "oh the coaches know better then you."

The truth is we sucked and when you suck you need to take risk and see if some of the young guys can play. Marko Mitchell showed more then enough to warrant at least a look.

Hopefully the new coaching staff will make use of him. Shanahan certainly doesn't mind guys like Mitchell given his best reciever as a head coach was an UDFA (Mitchell was a 7th round pick btw)

By the way, when do we get the Goodmans?
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #344
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 46
Posts: 12,131
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

I expect this will be the year that many of our recent picks either stand out or stand down. Hopefully Mitchell, Kelly, and Thomas all take that long awaited step up, they all showed flashes last year (Kelly briefly). I really didn't get what Zorn and crew was trying to prove, but I don't think that will be a question this year.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #345
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,481
Re: Bradford/Clausen now split among Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
I still say Marko Mitchell should have stood out but for whatever reason be it Zorn or Hixon he never played. I honestly think the Mitchell situation was a result of poor coaching and not the type were you can say something to the effect of "oh the coaches know better then you."

The truth is we sucked and when you suck you need to take risk and see if some of the young guys can play. Marko Mitchell showed more then enough to warrant at least a look.

Hopefully the new coaching staff will make use of him. Shanahan certainly doesn't mind guys like Mitchell given his best reciever as a head coach was an UDFA (Mitchell was a 7th round pick btw)

By the way, when do we get the Goodmans?
No certainty they'll get the Goodmans (or one or the other), but the scouts and other front office execs' contracts run through April so you won't likely see any changes until May at the earliest
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30913 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25