Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #61
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,622
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Mock drafts still won't be very meaningful for several weeks, if then.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #62
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,772
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

I heard an interview with Bradford on NFL radio yesterday and he sounds like a good kid. Smart, good work ethic, sounds like he knows what it's going to take to make it at the next level.

Question for the college gurus, if his shoulder wasn't a concern, how would that change your opinion of him?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #63
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I heard an interview with Bradford on NFL radio yesterday and he sounds like a good kid. Smart, good work ethic, sounds like he knows what it's going to take to make it at the next level.

Question for the college gurus, if his shoulder wasn't a concern, how would that change your opinion of him?
I don't know if I've leveled-up to guru status , but for me his shoulder isn't a major concern in my eval of him. I'm more concerned that he was in the spread, making a high percentage of under 10yd throws, playing for a team that talent wise was pretty much head and shoulders above its competition, and throwing to wide open WRs with 7-8 seconds to throw.....plus QBs from Bob Stoops system have not fared well in the NFL.

None of those issues are a knock on him, just a product of the team/offensive system. I think to get a more accurate eval of him you need to look at the championship with UF and you see some good/some bad. I don't think he's going to be a bust, but I don't think he projects to an elite QB in the NFL. His transition will likely take a bit longer than Clausen. I wouldn't spend the #4 overall pick on him. If Clausen's gone, then I go LT.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #64
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

We need some new faces on the line period. This Clausen/Bradford debate is sort of moot in my mind. Both are great QBs, but Clausen didn't make a bowl, and Bradford didn't either(Jones played). Bradford if healthy, would be the choice for me if forced to choose between the two, but I don't want either to be honest. Bradford is hot, but he played on a hot team against inferior competition most Saturdays. That in itself means squat, but in the NFL, with the exception of half a dozen teams, mediocrity rules the day. Will Bradford still excel when the "odds are even"? Face it, we are the basement of our division. Can Sam still excel when the odds are even or against him? Most of all though, we need at least our first two picks to be linemen if our future QB is even going to have half a chance of making it in the NFL.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #65
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I heard an interview with Bradford on NFL radio yesterday and he sounds like a good kid. Smart, good work ethic, sounds like he knows what it's going to take to make it at the next level.

Question for the college gurus, if his shoulder wasn't a concern, how would that change your opinion of him?

My big thing is could he still excel when he will no longer have th e advantage of having a stacked team playing opponents of markedly inferior quality for a 16 game schedule? The shoulder thing concerns me of course, but my biggest concern is can the kid handle it when the odds are even most Sundays?
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #66
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
According to Mel Kiper Clausen is now rated above Sam Bradford. In his latest mock draft he has Clausen going to the Skins.

Mel Kiper: Jimmy Clausen jumps inside the top 5 in the pre-combine mock - ESPN
Mel Kiper shifted gears on Bradford and now has the Redskins taking Clausen. Could it be he's listening to the whispers of some that Bradford is damaged goods?
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #67
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Both my and Slingin Sammies question is why I say go for Dan Levefour, Stull, Pike, Kafka, Canfield, Elliot, Sheehan, or even Elliot from Purdue. The guys you really should look for are the guys that were in a system most like Shanny's and always played competition that was about the same or even better than the QB's team. I really hope we get one of the above mentioned guys. They had good stats and didn't come from any big powerhouse teams, so they could better handle getting "roughed up".
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #68
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Mel Kiper shifted gears on Bradford and now has the Redskins taking Clausen. Could it be he's listening to the whispers of some that Bradford is damaged goods?

Why take Clausen over Kafka? Clausen had more talent to work with than Kafka did and didn't make a bowl. Kafka almost single handedly got Northwestern to 8-4 as he was the was virtually the entire offense, ether passing or running. I know Kafka ran the spread, but he looked pretty good at the East West Shrine game. He should be around in the mid rounds anyway. Too much good QB talent this draft to just look at the sexy picks.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #69
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,892
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
I don't know if I've leveled-up to guru status , but for me his shoulder isn't a major concern in my eval of him. I'm more concerned that he was in the spread, making a high percentage of under 10yd throws, playing for a team that talent wise was pretty much head and shoulders above its competition, and throwing to wide open WRs with 7-8 seconds to throw.....plus QBs from Bob Stoops system have not fared well in the NFL.

None of those issues are a knock on him, just a product of the team/offensive system. I think to get a more accurate eval of him you need to look at the championship with UF and you see some good/some bad. I don't think he's going to be a bust, but I don't think he projects to an elite QB in the NFL. His transition will likely take a bit longer than Clausen. I wouldn't spend the #4 overall pick on him. If Clausen's gone, then I go LT.
I completely agree.
I feel the same way about Clausen and McCoy. Neither of the big three QB's are #4 pick in the draft/franchise QB worthy. You are taking a big gamble.
I remember seeing Ben Roethlisburger playing at little Miami of Ohio and seeing him as legit future NFL star. He made his team better and they beat/upset several bigger teams.
When I have seen Bradford or Clausen play against even talent or lesser talented teams they did not impress me.
I do not want us to spend the #4 pick on any three of the QB's. They will be good NFL QB's but they will not be great.
Defensewins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #70
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,639
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Mel Kiper shifted gears on Bradford and now has the Redskins taking Clausen. Could it be he's listening to the whispers of some that Bradford is damaged goods?
Not really. He's really been impressed with Clausen on film and from talking to his teammates. I think that decision is more of a talent perspective and has nothing to do with Bradfords shoulder.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #71
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I listened to the Kiper/McShay podcast on the draft and they talked QB for a good while. Both like Bradford but have some of the common concerns (injury, build, spread offsense) but both like him early in the 1st..

They widely differ on Clausen however, Mel has him as #6 overall prospect while McShay has him around #36. McShay simply doesn't think he's got what it takes mentally, physically or in work ethic to make it as a big time NFL QB. He thinks that Clausen has peaked and there's not much more that he can grow as a QB.

I don't know that I'd go that far but I will be surprised and disappointed if we pick him at #4.
I'd be surprised if we picked either one of the two QB's atop the draft board. If we stay at #4 and don't trade out, I want a player whose going to go to pro-bowls for years to come (Brian Orakpo). We don't absolutely need to draft a QB in this years draft. If we don't drastically improve the O-line we're not going to win many games, so this time next year we'll be talking about Ryan Mallett, Jake Locker, Jeremiah Misoli, Kellen Moore or Case Keenum.

Go on and laugh, but Colt Brennan is the Redskins best kept secret, especially if we trade Jason Campbell. He's got the strongest motivating factor of anyone on the team, "they say" he can't play.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #72
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,639
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I completely agree.
I feel the same way about Clausen and McCoy. Neither of the big three QB's are #4 pick in the draft/franchise QB worthy. You are taking a big gamble.
I remember seeing Ben Roethlisburger playing at little Miami of Ohio and seeing him as legit future NFL star. He made his team better and they beat/upset several bigger teams.
When I have seen Bradford or Clausen play against even talent or lesser talented teams they did not impress me.
I do not want us to spend the #4 pick on any three of the QB's. They will be good NFL QB's but they will not be great.
People were saying the same thing before the draft about Ryan and Flacco. All I know is that all three QB's are smart guys. I personally love the fact that Clausen is a film rat. Usually you'll see the best QB's are the one that study the most. It's a mental position much more so then it is a physical one. Thats why guys with questionable arm strength can't light the world on fire.

And on a side note, given that Clausen and Quinn seemed to be compared to each other a lot, the thing I keep hearing about Quinn is that he spends much more time in the gym then he does studying film.

Though out of curiosity I'd like to know for the people that aren't convinced that these guys aren't top teir QB types as to what you would need to find out to change your mind? Like more arm strength, clean bill of health, better stats?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,892
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
People were saying the same thing before the draft about Ryan and Flacco. All I know is that all three QB's are smart guys. I personally love the fact that Clausen is a film rat. Usually you'll see the best QB's are the one that study the most. It's a mental position much more so then it is a physical one. Thats why guys with questionable arm strength can't light the world on fire.

And on a side note, given that Clausen and Quinn seemed to be compared to each other a lot, the thing I keep hearing about Quinn is that he spends much more time in the gym then he does studying film.

Though out of curiosity I'd like to know for the people that aren't convinced that these guys aren't top teir QB types as to what you would need to find out to change your mind? Like more arm strength, clean bill of health, better stats?
For me personally, it is not something I need to find out about them that will convince me. It is more of a "I know it when I see it' situation and I am referring in particular to 'seeing it' on the playing field. These three did not wow me in college with their pure Qb skills like Ben Roelisburger did. They are great leaders and field managers, and very good college Qb's. But it will not translate to being an elite NFL QB or worthy of a #4 draft pick.
Now I will admit have not seen every game they have played in and I know they have had great college careers. But in what I have seen of them on a playing field, I have not seen it consistently to be convinced they are elite Qb's ready for the NFL. IMO they will be good NFl Qb's but they not be elite QB's in the NFL.
Defensewins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #74
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
For me personally, it is not something I need to find out about them that will convince me. It is more of a "I know it when I see it' situation and I am referring in particular to 'seeing it' on the playing field. These three did not wow me in college with their pure Qb skills like Ben Roelisburger did. They are great leaders and field managers, and very good college Qb's. But it will not translate to being an elite NFL QB or worthy of a #4 draft pick.
Now I will admit have not seen every game they have played in and I know they have had great college careers. But in what I have seen of them on a playing field, I have not seen it consistently to be convinced they are elite Qb's ready for the NFL. IMO they will be good NFl Qb's but they not be elite QB's in the NFL.
When you draft a QB in the 1st rd. especially as high as #4 you don't want to miss, when you do it set's you back tremendously, this year in particular because of so much uncertainly surrounding the eventual outcome of a new CBA. Bradford and Clausen are undoubtedly fine young prospects but either could be a reach at #4. My concern in this years draft is protecting the QB regardless of who it is.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #75
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,677
Re: 93 MEGA Mock Munch: Suh Consensus choice, Bradford leads to Redskins

I've decided that since people all ready seem to think I have a man crush on this guy, I'm just going to run with it...Jevan Snead all the way! We need to draft Jevan Snead!! Redskins would be stupid to ignore the Snead! Jonesin' for Jevan!!!!! Jevan's Witnesses!!!!!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34254 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25